Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1790748 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13650 on: October 31, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »
It's wet and humid outside and I'm too out of it for another party!  and I love Halloween!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13651 on: October 31, 2013, 06:37:30 PM »
It's wet and humid outside and I'm too out of it for another party!  and I love Halloween!

Hugs. Oh, wait! Wrong thread.

We give out good treats. I miss kids. (I was a school librarian and our grandchildren are growing up.) Last year we had about 3 trick-or-teaters - 1 toddler and a couple of older kids.  One year we had about 12. Lights on, waiting for the doorbell.......

Dreading the leftover candy and cookie packs.  :(

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13652 on: October 31, 2013, 07:05:56 PM »
DS and I discussed earlier that now he can take over the handing out of Halloween candy. He agreed. I get home, and he tells me that there are no kids to hand candy out to, so he wants to go play around. I am about to issue a text recall to him and he will hand out the candy.

blueyzca01

« Reply #13653 on: October 31, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »
When DH and I were first living together, he slept to anywhere between noon and 2:00pm on Saturdays and Sundays.  It was wonderful:  I had the mornings to myself in the house.  I watched my cooking channels and shows he didn稚 like and I had alone time.

Well, I guess he痴 growing up (our little joke, as I知 12 years older) because he has been getting up at 8am lately.  Last Sunday he even woke up before me, at 6:45!!!!!

And now I get no alone time.  He doesn稚 like to watch cooking but he値l put up with it for a little while.  But I知 getting so frustrated.

He gets plenty of alone time because I go to sleep at 9pm, and he値l join me around 11-11:30.  Sometimes he値l just fall asleep on the couch.

I want my weekend mornings back!!!  I love the guy but sheesh.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:49:17 PM by blueyzca01 »
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Dr. F.

« Reply #13654 on: October 31, 2013, 07:22:02 PM »
Realizing most of the way through an all-day, important meeting that, in the rush of leaving earlier than usual, I grabbed a brown rather than black jacket, which could not be said to coordinate with my black skirt and blue blouse. <sigh>

I can only hope that it was too dim in the room for most people to notice.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13655 on: October 31, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »
The high pitched squeals and screams trick-or-treaters were making for several hours. My indoor cats were getting scared and stressed out, the kids were that ridiculously loud. It was a bit annoying to me, too. You don't have to be THAT loud every time you eat a piece of candy or your brother pokes your costume, geez louise 

o_gal

« Reply #13656 on: November 01, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
He gets plenty of alone time because I go to sleep at 9pm, at he値l join me around 11-11:30.  Sometimes he値l just fall asleep on the couch.

I think my DH and yours are twins - my DH does the same thing. And he drove me up the wall yesterday for about the same reason.

DH and DS are both involved in boy scouts. I love scout camping weekends, because it's the only time I get the house to myself and can do stuff that I want to do and they don't, eat the things I want to eat because they don't like them, etc. This weekend, it was only going to be DH camping due to the nature of the campout. I had a whole 2 days of stuff planned that DS and I like to do but DH doesn't, and things/places to eat that DS and I like and DH doesn't. Thursday morning DH informs me that he's not going camping.

There go all the plans, because DH will now want to get involved in some of them. For example, I was going to take DS down with me to go orienteering but when we do it, we come in, do our courses, we're done at about the same time, then we zip outta there. DH does harder, longer courses and then will want to stay and talk with all sorts of people. There goes the schedule for then stopping and doing a bunch of other things that DH is not really interested in doing. We could drive 2 cars, but I hate to do that. Still trying to figure out what to do if DH is really going to come with us. I love him, but yes, sheesh!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13657 on: November 01, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »
Realizing most of the way through an all-day, important meeting that, in the rush of leaving earlier than usual, I grabbed a brown rather than black jacket, which could not be said to coordinate with my black skirt and blue blouse. <sigh>

I can only hope that it was too dim in the room for most people to notice.

I did this several times last year, but with black and navy socks and pants. I KNOW they can be worn together, but for me, it makes me twitchy. I can't tell you how many times I wore black socks, with navy pants, and vice versa. Drove me nuts even though NO ONE but me knew. The final straw was the memorable day I wore ONE black, and ONE navy sock with wahtever pants i had on. So i finally took the navy socks out of the drawer with the black ones, and put them in with my white sweat socks. SOOOO much easier now getting dressed!

chi2kcldy

« Reply #13658 on: November 01, 2013, 12:49:22 PM »
All of mine are work related:

Unprofessional emails. Using bold, colored or underlining statements for no reason. Co-copying everyone under the sun. Using the reply all option when it is not necessary.

Soaking Tupperware or dishes in the company sink. Grosses me out and makes me want to toss the dish in the trash. 

Using the bathroom stall as a phone booth

Last but not least, not making coffee when you know you drank the last cup in the pot. 

turtleIScream

« Reply #13659 on: November 01, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
We are headed to a family wedding this weekend, leaving this afternoon, getting back Sunday. So, I've been asking my daughter (13) if she needs to do laundry. She ran a load of whites. I asked if she needed to do more. Nope, she assured me she was all set.

I decided to be a nice mom today and change her sheets, and quickly tidy her room (it's a quirk of mine, I always change all the sheets before a trip; so nice to come home to a fresh bed!). I found an entire load's worth of laundry under her bed, behind her door, caught between sheets, bunched on her closet floor. I couldn't put them in the hamper, because it was full! And it is not that she has too many clothes; she did not have enough clean in her dresser/closet for a 3 day trip.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13660 on: November 01, 2013, 01:02:51 PM »
Zippers on pants that won't stay up.

A living room that never wants to stay clean.  You know those stories of baskets that are always full of food no matter how much is taken from them? Our living room always seems full of junk.  Take something out, put it away, clean it all up, vacuum and such and then...there's a wrapper, or a sock lying on the floor, then a blanket and then a bookbag, binder, scooter, stuffed animal, jacket, and it's a pigsty by 10pm when I just don't have the energy to clean it all up again.

I have to clean cause my brother and his gf are coming up tomorrow but it is so hard to get motivated when I know it's not going to last!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13661 on: November 01, 2013, 01:14:08 PM »
My DH can drive me up the wall sometimes!  Last night, he asked if I had any plans for the night.  I said yes, I wanted to go to XYZ store and look at some stuff, go by the bank to deposit a check and possibly watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. if we had time.  He says, Okay.  Five minutes later, he's asleep on the couch.  "Sweetheart, wake up", said I, "Did you want to go do any of this with me?"  He sat up and said, "Oh, I didn't know you meant you wanted to go now!".  I was asking if you wanted to go with me, how on earth did you jump to "I'm leaving now"? 

Of course, his idea of "leaving soon" is within the next hour, and mine is leaving within five minutes, so I frequently have to say things like, "I think we should leave soon, like within the next two minutes". 

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #13662 on: November 01, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »
Websites that require overly complex passwords. No, I am not talking about banks or other sensitive websites. I am talking about a news site, where you have to log on for access. They want an 8 digit password, with at least one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number and one special character. The number and special character can't be at the end of the password. The password can't contain a word.

Look, I know that makes it a super strong password. It also makes it harder to remember. All of it just to protect news articles?

Banks, Paypal, etc get unique, complex passwords. I have one general use "root password" that is adapted for all general use sites. I am not jumping through that many hoops.

mmswm

« Reply #13663 on: November 01, 2013, 01:45:33 PM »
Zippers on pants that won't stay up.

A living room that never wants to stay clean.  You know those stories of baskets that are always full of food no matter how much is taken from them? Our living room always seems full of junk.  Take something out, put it away, clean it all up, vacuum and such and then...there's a wrapper, or a sock lying on the floor, then a blanket and then a bookbag, binder, scooter, stuffed animal, jacket, and it's a pigsty by 10pm when I just don't have the energy to clean it all up again.

I have to clean cause my brother and his gf are coming up tomorrow but it is so hard to get motivated when I know it's not going to last!

My kitchen is like this.  I can get it completely clean and within two minutes there's a sink full of dirty dishes, counters full of food and crumbs all over.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13664 on: November 01, 2013, 02:04:24 PM »
Yeah, that's another room, the kitchen.  Ugh.  Our dishwasher's broken so we've been making the kids do the dishes by hand.  (they were rather rough with the dishwasher in the first place so it's a rather natural consequence.

But man I miss having a dishwasher to take care of the dishes or at least get some of them away and out of the sink.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata