Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1734826 times)

TeamBhakta

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13695 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:52 PM »
My exboyfriend and I were walking around the mall. The second time we passed a particular cupcake shop, I caved and bought one. You would think a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting, toasted coconut and a cherry would be pretty good. But I guessed wrong. The cherry was the only good part. The frosting was greasy  + had gritty bits of granulated white sugar. The vanilla cupcake tasted like a bland dinner roll flavored cake. Yuck! I would've asked for my money back, but I didn't taste the cupcake until we were down the road stuck in afternoon traffic.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #13696 on: November 04, 2013, 05:10:50 PM »
If it's any solace, I posted previously on another thread about a disappointing cupcake.  Your pain is shared by one who also knows the tragedy of greasy frosting.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13697 on: November 04, 2013, 09:10:50 PM »
When people think they can slide something by me without my finding out about it.  As I've mentioned before, I'm estranged from my parental units due to a large amount of boundary trampling. 

As a bit more background, I am on good terms with my younger brother, who still lives with the parents now because he's gone back to school for engineering and this upcoming spring semester will be his last and he plans on moving out and getting a place with his gf then.   But as our parents are paying for his school and he lives with them, and knowing how they are, I'm sure they put him up to this.

See, I found out after their visit (brother and gf) on Saturday that he gave my boys his cell phone # and told them if they wanted to talk to their grandparents, to let him know and he'd put them on the phone.  He also said "Your grandparents love and miss you a lot and would love to hear from you."

My oldest told me this Sunday morning as we were driving to church and it bothered me quite a bit but then after talking to someone else at the church and to DH and my best friend, I'm not so much mad at my brother as I am disappointed though admittedly not surprised.   Most likely they pushed him to do this and not wanting to jeopardize the funding for school this close to graduating, he went along with it.   

So I'm more annoyed than angry, I suppose because I didn't fully trust him to begin with.  I love him, he's my baby brother, and there was a time I was as spineless wrt them as he is now so I can't really judge too harshly.

But mostly I'm saying "Come on, really? Y'all haven't learned that I have ways of finding things out?" Even if my son hadn't told me, I would have found out when the cell phone bill came in!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

laud_shy_girl

« Reply #13698 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
Mother and baby parking at supermarkets.

It is never enforced and it's always full with people who don't have kids. Now these people are SS and I have learned that some people are just lazy. There is not much I can do, I just wish the shop would use a bit of sense.
The supermarkets insist on putting the spaces really, really close to the entrance. Which is why the SS use them because they are lazy.  While I 'as a mum' use them because of the extra space on both sides YMMV.
I don't care how far the space is away from the shop. all I care about is being able to get to my Babies car seat. 
If I had a Penny for every time some one has made it impossible to get my Little girl in.

So I inevitable end up parking in the waist land at the back, just to make sure I have space once I have finished shopping.

It's used by the disabled for overflow parking to but I have absolutely no problem with that (unless there is available DP and they just use a M&B spot)
“For too long, we've assumed that there is a single template for human nature, which is why we diagnose most deviations as disorders. But the reality is that there are many different kinds of minds. And that's a very good thing.” - Jonah Lehrer

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13699 on: November 05, 2013, 01:52:56 PM »
It's used by the disabled for overflow parking to but I have absolutely no problem with that (unless there is available DP and they just use a M&B spot)

I've done that a few times, with my Dad when there was no disabled parking.  Every single time, when we came back out of the store, at least one of the disabled spots would be free.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

mmswm

« Reply #13700 on: November 05, 2013, 02:29:29 PM »
When I can't find a thread I want to post on because there's been no new posts since the last time I posted on it and I still can't use the search function.

So, with that said, would somebody be willing to find the "I'm never shopping there again" thread?  Thanks. :)
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #13701 on: November 05, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
When I can't find a thread I want to post on because there's been no new posts since the last time I posted on it and I still can't use the search function.

So, with that said, would somebody be willing to find the "I'm never shopping there again" thread?  Thanks. :)

Here you go!
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=83832.0

mmswm

« Reply #13702 on: November 05, 2013, 02:41:53 PM »
Thank you!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13703 on: November 05, 2013, 03:56:30 PM »

Here you go!
http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=83832.0
I think I'm going to bookmark the threads I follow. 

If you've posted on the thread you're looking for, you can always go to your own profile and look back through your own posts, too.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #13704 on: November 05, 2013, 07:07:25 PM »
How about the inability to stop a thread you've posted in from coming up after you've lost interest in it?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13705 on: November 05, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »
How about the inability to stop a thread you've posted in from coming up after you've lost interest in it?

Worse... I subscribed to a thread once.  I don't think you can undo that, either, and I'm sick of the emails.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13706 on: November 05, 2013, 08:50:33 PM »

Worse... I subscribed to a thread once.  I don't think you can undo that, either, and I'm sick of the emails.

The "unnotify" button at the top and bottom of every thread doesn't work?

I have a problem with subscriptions too - but my problem is that I only seem to get notification emails about half the time. I usually end up going and digging for the thread myself, and sure enough, I've usually missed a bunch of new posts. >:(

I'm also being driven up the wall by my keyboard. I knocked over my bottle of acetone and completely ruined the entire bottom row of the one I'd been using. Now I'm stuck with my spare that I make millions of typos on because it has a different key layout...
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13707 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
A few things.

1. Came home last night to find my antivirus software had performed an automatic update that caused my log in to fail, over and over. We had to restore to an earlier point. It took an hour to fix.

2. DS keeps bringing home "stray" kitties he finds. They have been cats that are fed and watered but outside, which is against our community rules, but they aren't homeless.

3. The fellow students in one of my classes, who filed formal complaints against the professor because she had to cancel one class meeting due to a family medical emergency. No one missed any assignments, as the due date changed when she returned from being out for a few days. The professor had a hearing with the Dean of the college today.  :'( Completely unfair.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13708 on: November 05, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »

I have a problem with subscriptions too - but my problem is that I only seem to get notification emails about half the time. I usually end up going and digging for the thread myself, and sure enough, I've usually missed a bunch of new posts. >:(

I'm also being driven up the wall by my keyboard. I knocked over my bottle of acetone and completely ruined the entire bottom row of the one I'd been using. Now I'm stuck with my spare that I make millions of typos on because it has a different key layout...

I know I've clicked it before... we'll see if it sticks this time.  :)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13709 on: November 05, 2013, 10:06:09 PM »

I know I've clicked it before... we'll see if it sticks this time.  :)

Here's hoping. :)
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~