Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1707673 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13890 on: November 21, 2013, 10:18:38 AM »
My Dad was hooked up to one of those for a couple of days.  They were looking for atrial fibrilation.  While he was wearing the thing, he went about his normal day, which included chopping and piling wood, carrying a bunch of stuff into a nursing home to put on a slide show and a few other rather physical things.  I laughed when he told me what he'd been doing and told him to make sure to tell them what he was doing, in case they got a little excited about the elevated heart rate.  No AF though so he's good to go.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Dr. F.

« Reply #13891 on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:21 PM »
FedEx has once again left a package that needed a signature with some random neighbor of mine, without indicating which one. Last time it was an iPad, which appeared overnight after I spend the evening running around asking if anyone had it. I have no idea who had it - I assume it was someone not at home when I was asking.

This time it's a $75 bottle of Mezcal, signed for by a "JBrown." I have no idea who this person is, and of course they didn't bother to let me know the street number they left it at. I'm assuming it'll show up the way the iPad did, so I'm not annoying my poor neighbors by running around asking if they have it. If not, I'll take it up with the sender, who can ask FedEx about it.

P.S. Just to be clear, I totally trust all of my neighbors - I'm irritated with FedEx for not making it clear where they left the package, so that I don't have to annoy people who aren't involved.

Belle

« Reply #13892 on: November 22, 2013, 12:33:38 PM »
Hard-boiled eggs that refuse to peel. I just tossed an egg because after spending five minutes struggling to peel it, it was only half-peeled and I had lost nearly everything but the yolk. What a waste. I usually don't have this problem after we figured out that "older" eggs don't have this problem as much. (The membrane breaks down as they age, so an older egg is easier to peel than one that's really fresh.)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13893 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:23 PM »
Hard-boiled eggs that refuse to peel. I just tossed an egg because after spending five minutes struggling to peel it, it was only half-peeled and I had lost nearly everything but the yolk. What a waste. I usually don't have this problem after we figured out that "older" eggs don't have this problem as much. (The membrane breaks down as they age, so an older egg is easier to peel than one that's really fresh.)
Put a spoonful of baking soda in the water when you boil them.  I don't know how it does it, but they peel wonderfully that way.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

perpetua

« Reply #13894 on: November 22, 2013, 07:51:01 PM »
Today has not been a good day in the EDS stakes. On one side, I have a subluxed shoulder. On the other, a subluxed toe. Both are driving me up the wall, mostly because I haven't *done* anything to make them do it. If I'd just got in from a night of partying wearing six inch heels and dancing on the table, that would have been *much* better.

It also means I'm lurching around the flat like Quasimodo - limping on one side, hunched on the other. It's a great look: form an orderly queue, fellas.

On the plus side, it's a darned good excuse to curl up in bed with the cat, so it's not all bad :)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13895 on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »
Today has not been a good day in the EDS stakes. On one side, I have a subluxed shoulder. On the other, a subluxed toe. Both are driving me up the wall, mostly because I haven't *done* anything to make them do it. If I'd just got in from a night of partying wearing six inch heels and dancing on the table, that would have been *much* better.

It also means I'm lurching around the flat like Quasimodo - limping on one side, hunched on the other. It's a great look: form an orderly queue, fellas.

On the plus side, it's a darned good excuse to curl up in bed with the cat, so it's not all bad :)

I'm so sorry you are having such a rotten day and sorrier that I did slightly giggle at the mental picture you created. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13896 on: November 22, 2013, 10:13:25 PM »
Pinterest Maps. What's the point of it if the site keeps telling me "that town doesn't exist" (even when I make sure to click on "change city") or "well, yeah, that town is real but there's no businesses there"  ::)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13897 on: November 22, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
A little itty bitty papercut near the base of my thumb.  It is itching, hurting, and the skin keeps pulling.  Ouchie.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

perpetua

« Reply #13898 on: November 23, 2013, 03:54:46 AM »

I'm so sorry you are having such a rotten day and sorrier that I did slightly giggle at the mental picture you created.

Oh, don't be - you *have* to laugh at it :)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13899 on: November 23, 2013, 10:48:13 AM »
Quilts for your bed that ONLY come in full/queen size. My bed is full, and I'm so tired of having extra hang over, because they made it to fit BOTH. How about making one just for full size, and one just for queen. I'm sure they exist, but i like the one i have, darn it.

Elisabunny

« Reply #13900 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:40 PM »
Quilts for your bed that ONLY come in full/queen size. My bed is full, and I'm so tired of having extra hang over, because they made it to fit BOTH. How about making one just for full size, and one just for queen. I'm sure they exist, but i like the one i have, darn it.

And on a queen they are generally not quite big enough. ::)
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Snooks

« Reply #13901 on: November 23, 2013, 06:34:02 PM »

Are you doing a Manny from Black Books?

(Jump to 19:30 if you don't already know the reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuOIJqeGus)

perpetua

« Reply #13902 on: November 23, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »

(Jump to 19:30 if you don't already know the reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWuOIJqeGus)

Ha! I don't know why I didn't think of that - I love Black Books and know exactly what you're talking about without even looking at it. (The bit in that ep where Bill pops up from under the table in bunches has me in stitches every time).

Yeah, that was pretty close :)

Today's annoyance: Dr Who mania. Please, someone tell me when it's over? I can't bear it. I've had to abandon Twitter.

Snooks

« Reply #13903 on: November 23, 2013, 06:42:42 PM »

Ha! I don't know why I didn't think of that - I love Black Books and know exactly what you're talking about without even looking at it. (The bit in that ep where Bill pops up from under the table in bunches has me in stitches every time).

Yeah, that was pretty close :)

Today's annoyance: Dr Who mania. Please, someone tell me when it's over? I can't bear it. I've had to abandon Twitter.

That episode is one of my favourites "What are you eating?" "Some sort of delicious biscuit" "It's a coaster"

perpetua

« Reply #13904 on: November 23, 2013, 06:47:24 PM »

That episode is one of my favourites "What are you eating?" "Some sort of delicious biscuit" "It's a coaster"

"Is it? Are there any more?!"  ;D