Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1737745 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13905 on: November 24, 2013, 12:21:22 PM »
Poor sale signage. I was in Target today, and went down the gift wrap isle. which had signs plastered up and down "buy one, get one free" So i picked out two, which I really didn't need, and when they were rung up, surprise, they both rang at full price. So the cashier calls someone who says "only certain ones" fine, i don't really need it, so please take it off, but....it might behoove you to put those that are BOGO together, with signs ONLY in that area.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13906 on: November 24, 2013, 02:57:16 PM »
When we have to fix the faucet for some reason and cannot find the part, find out that it is no longer made and that we need to replace the entire unit.
It was like a miracle today when we had to replace one of the handles on the kitchen sink and actually found the right replacement in only one trip to the hardware store (instead of the usual 4 or 5 because you can't find the right one, have to make numerous trips to find the right one, something else breaks while you are fixing it, and on and on.  We came home from that first trip, put it right on and in a few minutes were back in business!  Big sighs of relief all the way around.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13907 on: November 24, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »
When a piece of electronic equipment refuses to function when I push the 'on' button -- frustrating enough in and of itself, right?

But the thing that really frosts my drawers is what DH invariably says.  "What did you do to it?"  Oh, nothing much, dear.  I just jumped up and down on it while peeing copiously.  >:( I PUNCHED THE BUTTON, THAT'S WHAT!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13908 on: November 24, 2013, 08:22:34 PM »
When DH says "User error" when something doesn't work right for me, but when it doesn't work for him, there's actually something wrong with it.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TeamBhakta

« Reply #13909 on: November 24, 2013, 08:36:05 PM »
There's a shirt in the boys section of Walmart that says something like "Me before school" and "Me after school ends." The "before" side features a stick figure kid crawling to school, looking like it pains him all the way there. The "after" side is him gleefully leaving the school and jumping in the air. Lovely message  :P

andi

« Reply #13910 on: November 24, 2013, 08:55:05 PM »
I can't stand those shirts

Dr. F.

« Reply #13911 on: November 24, 2013, 09:51:34 PM »
FedEx has once again left a package that needed a signature with some random neighbor of mine, without indicating which one. Last time it was an iPad, which appeared overnight after I spend the evening running around asking if anyone had it. I have no idea who had it - I assume it was someone not at home when I was asking.

This time it's a $75 bottle of Mezcal, signed for by a "JBrown." I have no idea who this person is, and of course they didn't bother to let me know the street number they left it at. I'm assuming it'll show up the way the iPad did, so I'm not annoying my poor neighbors by running around asking if they have it. If not, I'll take it up with the sender, who can ask FedEx about it.

P.S. Just to be clear, I totally trust all of my neighbors - I'm irritated with FedEx for not making it clear where they left the package, so that I don't have to annoy people who aren't involved.

The package showed up today. No idea how/why, but Hey! it arrived before Thanksgiving!

mmswm

« Reply #13912 on: November 25, 2013, 01:58:34 PM »
People who make stupid, judgmental comments.  I have health insurance, but with two disabled kids, they also have supplemental medicaid that pays for what my insurance doesn't cover (and the amounts are in the tens of thousands of dollars with frequent hospitalizations and surgeries). 

Today I had to go pick up a prescription and used the medicaid for coverage, since my RX coverage is maxed out for the year. The lady behind me snorted at me and said "must be nice to get medicaid when you obviously don't need it, since you have a fancy bag and phone."

Well, lady, I have a 10 year old Coach bag, which was purchased in better financial times, which still looks nice because it's a quality handbag and I take care of my things. Yes, I do have an iPhone 4s.  It's a nice phone.  I couldn't afford it on my own.  Lucky for me my father is a retiree from a major phone provider and put in over 30 years of service and he's nice enough to let me have a line on his account, which is heavily discounted.  I pay $7/mo. Also, the phone itself was free. 

Don't judge me if you know nothing about me.

Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #13913 on: November 25, 2013, 02:27:30 PM »
Today has not been a good day in the EDS stakes. On one side, I have a subluxed shoulder. On the other, a subluxed toe. Both are driving me up the wall, mostly because I haven't *done* anything to make them do it. If I'd just got in from a night of partying wearing six inch heels and dancing on the table, that would have been *much* better.

It also means I'm lurching around the flat like Quasimodo - limping on one side, hunched on the other. It's a great look: form an orderly queue, fellas.

On the plus side, it's a darned good excuse to curl up in bed with the cat, so it's not all bad :)

"That poor woman."
"Yes, but doesn't her suit fit nicely?"
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Carotte

« Reply #13914 on: November 25, 2013, 03:00:43 PM »
Not my wall but a customer's last week (and I understand her!)
I was wrapping gifts for a lady who was here with her husband, 2y/old daughter and newborn baby and she was so ashamed and sorry when the daughter started throwing a fit!
The dad was watching the kids and put the daughter in the corner straight away. Now, I don't like kids shrieking or whining or whatever anymore than anyone, but when it's followed by actual parrenting I'm more than ok with it.
The lady started apologizing and saying that if anyone had the solution (they have a fit in public, do you ignore, enable or do something?) she wanted to hear it.
I told her to keep on the good work: in less than a minute the kid was saying "mommy, daddy I want to apologize! mommy I want to apologize!", in two she was happily laughing and playing with dad.
All that to say that while we were talking she told us about all the dirty looks she gets when she set foots somewhere with the kids (even with an otherwise well behaved toddler and a tiny newborn that can't do anything but cry to communicate)!
Kids are kids, you can't pass a judgement before they actually do something, and even then you're probably not privy to any information (kid is sick, sleep deprived, lost a grandma, has special needs, is feeling lost and confused...)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13915 on: November 25, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »
When people boast things that are absolutely untrue. The other night middle child boasted "I don't like watching movies more than once cause I've already seen them!" I said something about catching things I missed the first time around.

"Well, I don't miss anything the first time around!"

Just now we're watching HP: Order of the Phoenix, and the child asks "What are those little paper airplanes for that are zooming around?" right after Arthur Weasley explains what they are.

Yeah kid, remember EVERY detail do you?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

daen

« Reply #13916 on: November 25, 2013, 06:00:32 PM »
When a piece of electronic equipment refuses to function when I push the 'on' button -- frustrating enough in and of itself, right?

But the thing that really frosts my drawers is what DH invariably says.  "What did you do to it?"  Oh, nothing much, dear.  I just jumped up and down on it while peeing copiously.  >:( I PUNCHED THE BUTTON, THAT'S WHAT!

Thank you for that glorious image. I'm still giggling intermittently five minutes later.

WishUponAStar

« Reply #13917 on: November 25, 2013, 07:15:22 PM »
Hey everyone, first time poster here. I've been a lurker on this amazing site for a few months now and just had to join in on the fun!

Some little things that drive me up the wall:

*The sound of a TV blaring through the walls (as in your neighbors have it tuned up too high). Drives me nuts, especially if I'm trying to sleep!
*The sound of snorting. It makes me want to run away covering my ears.
*Returning from an outing and discovering that stray hairs are all over my coat and it's very noticeable. 

BeagleMommy

« Reply #13918 on: November 26, 2013, 01:17:40 PM »
We are having inclement weather right now.  DH is a first-class worry wort.  He leaves the house before I do during the week and DS drives me to work (only two cars and three full-time people).  DH told me to tell DS to be careful driving today.

Okay, I say, no problem.  Then he proceeds to tell me the same thing six more times in the space of an hour.  Every five minutes it was "Be sure to tell DS to drive carefully".

The phone rings.  It's DH.  What does he want?

"Be sure to tell DS to be careful."

Me:  "Okay, that's now the 8th time you've told me to tell DS to be careful.  I get it."
DH:  "I'm just making sure."

:o

When DS drove me to work I was sure to tell him to be careful.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13919 on: November 26, 2013, 02:39:32 PM »
I know its not a huge deal, but when you order something online, and they give you one ETA for shipping and delivery, and it ships earlier, and messes things up!

I ordered myself an early b-day gift yesterday. An ipad. They told me "ETA is 12/2-12/6" great. So since its somethign pricy, and i'm not home that much, and i don't know HOW its arriving, (UPS< Fed Ex, etc) I have it sent to me at work.

Don't you know, today I get an email saying Hey, its shipped and will be delivered TOMORROW. Drat. I was going to work from home, and we close at 2. Cue a 30 minute phone call, complete with carpy phone service to Best Buy, to attempt to change the delivery address.

No can do since its already shipped. Carp again. So now I'm coming into the office, which isn't a big deal, and praying UPS arrives before we close at 2. Keep your fingers crossed for me!