Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1540666 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13950 on: December 03, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
*sigh* My cat drinking out of my water glasses when I am not looking.

My dog got into my wine glass tonight.  At 140 pounds, I will assume that a few sips won't hurt him (as that's what he managed to drink before I could clean it up), but man was I annoyed.

The mastiff? hehehehe

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13951 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
I bought the deep pockets mattress pad for our pillow top. It seems to help the sheets stay on. Also, make sure your fitted sheets have elastic all the way around, as I don't see that in all sheet sets.

The kitten has taken to looking at me in a pitiful way and sniffing every time I have anything edible/drinkable in my hand. I swear she is trying to trip me as well. No people food for her.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13952 on: December 03, 2013, 10:41:08 AM »
My cats try to trip me when their bowls are empty.  I've been known to grumble at them "Well that's rather counterproductive as I can't feed you if you kill me!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #13953 on: December 03, 2013, 10:42:27 AM »
Large cats in the wild slow their prey down to catch them by hooking their legs out from under them.  It's a predator/food instinct.  ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13954 on: December 03, 2013, 10:44:03 AM »
Yep. I knew something was wrong this morning when there was a cat prayer circle around the food bowl. Yep, empty.  >:D

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13955 on: December 03, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
My friend has 2 cats and a dog and she had me laughing hysterically the other night describing the antics of her biggest cat.  The smaller of the two, if his food bowl is empty, is not proud and will just eat the dog's kibble.  But the gray one is hilarious.  He tried to open up the door of the closet where friend keeps the wet food and when that didn't work, he hopped up onto the counter where she keeps the empty bowls between feedings.

He lay beside the bowl and did this whole "Oh woe is me, pity me" thing of lying down like he was starving to death with his head in the bowl as he pitifully licked the empty bowl.  This is not even a thin kitty, H is a big furry boy!

As for my annoyance: DH and the boys are fans of this one anime, Clannad, in which one character likes these big round plushies called Dangos and there's even a cute little song to it.  DH found some Dangos on Etsy and ordered one as a big surprise for oldest DS as he'd said he'd like a Dango for Christmas.

It arrived today, with no warning, just was left on the porch and I didn't even realize anything had been delivered until DS comes home and says "Well I know one thing I'm getting for Christmas."  The person who'd sent this thing wrote on the side "Dango" with a PICTURE of the thing drawn on the side. 

Really? Even when it's NOT near Christmas, it really doesn't seem like the greatest of ideas to label the outside of a box with what's inside.  ::)

I told DS "Forget you ever saw this and don't say anything about it to anyone." Yeah, not the best idea, perhaps but DH loves gift giving and I hate to spoil it for him when he was especially excited that he was able to find this and was really looking forward to surprising DS with it on Christmas morning. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

mmswm

« Reply #13956 on: December 03, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
*sigh* My cat drinking out of my water glasses when I am not looking.

My dog got into my wine glass tonight.  At 140 pounds, I will assume that a few sips won't hurt him (as that's what he managed to drink before I could clean it up), but man was I annoyed.

The mastiff? hehehehe

Yeah, that's the one.  I'd hate to see what would happen if the little Jack Russel mix got into the alcohol.

Lorelei_Evil, maybe your cat and my dog were planning a party.  Or maybe we need to start a new show about alcoholic pets.  Or something.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #13957 on: December 03, 2013, 03:28:05 PM »
That cat would have been plotting the demise of the world if given the opportunity.  If she hadn't been a total lush.  ;)  I miss her.

Adelaide

« Reply #13958 on: December 03, 2013, 03:31:25 PM »
I HATE when friends post something on their Facebook wall that's very obviously an extremely controversial and hot-button issue (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and then act surprised or super defensive/snarky when people take an opposite view. You're pretty much asking for it.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13959 on: December 03, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »
I bought the deep pockets mattress pad for our pillow top. It seems to help the sheets stay on. Also, make sure your fitted sheets have elastic all the way around, as I don't see that in all sheet sets.

I have the opposite issue with my summer sheets.  My mattress only has a small pillowtop.  My summer sheets are deep pocket, designed for thicker pillowtops.  So they always get wrinkled.  They stay on but sometimes it gets uncomfortable with a wrinkle right under you.  I should look into those straps and see if I can find something that would go all the way under the mattress and pull the sides down so the bottom sheet doesn't wrinkle.

My winter sheets are fine; they aren't as deep and stay fitted snugly.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Hillia

« Reply #13960 on: December 03, 2013, 03:51:51 PM »
The flip side of the present-I-didn't-want:  I try to buy people presents they'll like.  I pay attention to conversations and 'I always wanted...' or 'I wish I had...' or 'I had the coolest <thing> once...'.  Then I buy the gift, expecting the recipient to love it, and the reaction is less than joyful.

Example: DH used to rave about a particular book by this scifi author.  It was the greatest thing he'd ever read, but because it was a lesser known author, it was no longer in print.  And the author's other books were great, too!  So I looked around and found the specific book, as well as a few others in the same series by the same author, and ordered them.  DH was appreciative, but...underwhelmed.  I said, 'I thought this was your favorite book ever!'  He said, 'Well, it is...but I've already read it'. Now, he does have copies of books he's read already, so I would think he'd re-read this one.  Apparently not.   :'(

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

mmswm

« Reply #13961 on: December 03, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
That cat would have been plotting the demise of the world if given the opportunity.  If she hadn't been a total lush.  ;)  I miss her.

Hugs.  I'm sorry.  I still miss Booger, my crazy orange Maine Coon.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

cwm

« Reply #13962 on: December 03, 2013, 04:30:24 PM »
I HATE when friends post something on their Facebook wall that's very obviously an extremely controversial and hot-button issue (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and then act surprised or super defensive/snarky when people take an opposite view. You're pretty much asking for it.

I hate when people post on FB begging for help to pay their bills, feed their dogs, pay for their vacations, put gas in their cars, etc. and then get mad when people call them out on it. Then they quickly backtrack and say that obviously some people who love them more have helped, and obviously they're not asking for more money from people who have already given of themselves, but it would just be nice if they could afford a vacation, even a few days away.

I haven't unfollowed them since it only happened once, and I just blocked that post and all the apology posts and ranty posts. But I'm now tempted to just unfollow everyone and manage my own posts. It seems that Facebook is now the go-to place for sharing cutesy photos and inspirational phrases, or the latest viral video that everyone's seen, or someone's sob story. I joined to keep in touch with people, not to follow everyone else's slow crawl through internet memes.

nuit93

« Reply #13963 on: December 03, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »

To be fair, on some issues it's legitimate to be taken aback if someone takes an opposite view.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13964 on: December 03, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »
I'm driving myself up the wall today.

Had a TV dinner - chicken and potatoes, mixed veg, and a cherry-blueberry dessert in some type of thick syrup. Now, I love this dessert, and I was very much looking forward to eating it.

Instead, I managed to flip the tray and all that lovely dessert ended up in my lap.

Thankfully, I don't think I'll have pajamas with a big purple blotch, as I rinsed them immediately and then tossed them in the wash. But I wanted my dessert, goshdurnit. :(
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!