Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1858264 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #13965 on: December 03, 2013, 07:39:01 PM »
You have my sympathy, as I tend to do that too sometimes, either with trays or plates. Annoying as sin, isn't it?
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13966 on: December 03, 2013, 07:48:31 PM »
Definitely annoying. >:( You'd think with all the times I tend to inadvertently catch the edge of a tray with some body part, I'd learn how to quit doing that!
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #13967 on: December 03, 2013, 09:21:23 PM »
I totally would have scooped it back into the tray and eaten it before washing my clothes.  :)

I'm a heathen.  Yes it's a character flaw, but not one I'm too interested in fixing at the moment ;)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13968 on: December 03, 2013, 09:32:02 PM »
I know just about everyone has one of those relatives that no one can stand. I have a few, TBH.

At Thanksgiving dinner one of them made a comment so  ??? to me, I can't even describe how pissed and hurt I was.  Too many of my real life people know what was said, so I'm not going to post it, but it was seriously like "Who would (Oh, I'm a pottymouth extraordinaire!) say that?!?!, Sweet monkey fritters!!".

They were lucky there was a table, a counter, and a turkey between us. Luckier still my mother didn't hear it.  I wouldn't have had enough to bail her out...cause there's a good possibily there would been a knock out/drag out fight on.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

mmswm

« Reply #13969 on: December 03, 2013, 09:42:16 PM »
Teenagers!  Again.  I know.  The one time I count on him NOT doing the kitchen well, he actually goes and does a very thorough  job.  Including putting away the butter I had softening on the counter so I could bake cookies tonight.  He never pays attention to details!  Why did he have to start tonight? 

Okay, I know I'm being silly, but I just didn't think to tell him to leave the butter out, since, well, he never puts stuff like that away.  *sigh*
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13970 on: December 03, 2013, 10:14:58 PM »
I totally would have scooped it back into the tray and eaten it before washing my clothes.  :)

I'm a heathen.  Yes it's a character flaw, but not one I'm too interested in fixing at the moment ;)

LOL! ;) I would have, but there'd been a cat in my lap not too long before and cat fur in one's dessert isn't very tasty!

andi

« Reply #13971 on: December 03, 2013, 10:29:42 PM »
My awesome nail tech left the shop I frequent. She was the BEST and of course they won't tell me where she went. I popped in Sunday to get a pedi with my Christmas money and she was gone. I had a gift for her too.  :-[

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #13972 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:17 AM »

LOL! ;) I would have, but there'd been a cat in my lap not too long before and cat fur in one's dessert isn't very tasty!

Yeah, but you sort of get used to it when you have cats.  It gets in everything it seems.   ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #13973 on: December 04, 2013, 06:05:41 PM »

Yeah, but you sort of get used to it when you have cats.  It gets in everything it seems.   ;)

Extra protein. ;)

The stain came out, thankfully.

Adelaide

« Reply #13974 on: December 04, 2013, 06:13:18 PM »
I HATE when friends post something on their Facebook wall that's very obviously an extremely controversial and hot-button issue (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and then act surprised or super defensive/snarky when people take an opposite view. You're pretty much asking for it.

To be fair, on some issues it's legitimate to be taken aback if someone takes an opposite view.

The people I know usually post things where there are very obviously two (or more) sides. Their post strongly advocates for one side...but they're putting it out there on their walls for people to comment on. Unless you're militant about who you're friends with on Facebook, I think that it's reasonable to anticipate that some people might have views different from your own and might be willing to express them. No one's saying "Genocide is awesome" or "I think we should litter more" or anything. Even if you are shocked that someone has an opposing view, I don't think it's okay to respond abusively or rudely when they post a polite reply what you've posted.

nuit93

« Reply #13975 on: December 04, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »
I HATE when friends post something on their Facebook wall that's very obviously an extremely controversial and hot-button issue (gay marriage, abortion, etc.) and then act surprised or super defensive/snarky when people take an opposite view. You're pretty much asking for it.

To be fair, on some issues it's legitimate to be taken aback if someone takes an opposite view.

The people I know usually post things where there are very obviously two (or more) sides. Their post strongly advocates for one side...but they're putting it out there on their walls for people to comment on. Unless you're militant about who you're friends with on Facebook, I think that it's reasonable to anticipate that some people might have views different from your own and might be willing to express them. No one's saying "Genocide is awesome" or "I think we should litter more" or anything. Even if you are shocked that someone has an opposing view, I don't think it's okay to respond abusively or rudely when they post a polite reply what you've posted.

The example I was thinking of was if someone announces their engagement to their same-sex partner and receives a comment along the lines of how "it's not moral/right/acceptable for you to marry".  Polite, perhaps, but still denigrating and I'm not sure how one could politely respond to an attack like that.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13976 on: December 04, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »
I have relatives who are of a different political party than myself and some of them tend to share things I find to be rather out there and eye-rolly.  Some I'll just scan past as I shake my head and think "to each their own...", and some I will actually hide from my feed to save my blood pressure.  It works out.

And I do like these relatives so I wouldn't unfriend them, but I just don't agree with their politics!

But oy, a comment like that to the announcement of an engagement? Ouch...now that would get deleted and I'd be considering the relationship.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13977 on: December 04, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
People who move to a colder or hotter climate and then proceed to complain about the weather there on a continual basis.

Same person, but people who use text speak all the time, even in written communication via other sites and email.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13978 on: December 04, 2013, 07:10:54 PM »
Emails from my father in law, which are usually rants against my political party, thinly disguised as concern about the direction our country is heading in. 

My mother being oblivious to hints and side stepping.  She asked me five times in a conversation last week how much a particular present for my DH cost.  If you call her on it and ask why the price is important, she gets injured and says she's just trying to make conversation.  Grrr.

exitzero

« Reply #13979 on: December 04, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
I was all set to write about something that drove me up the wall, but someone gave me the solution today!

If I wear a skirt in the winter I like to wear tights with them. I was having an awful time keeping them from sliding down. For some reason, no matter what size or brand I bought they would slide down. I never had this problem in past seasons, not sure if it's me or the way they make tights now.

I was losing my mind one day, hoisting them up when someone told me to just wear a pair of underwear over them. Couldn't be that easy, could it?

Oh yes, it could. I can NOT believe what a difference it makes. It's a silly little thing, but boy has it made a difference in my disposition!