Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1623199 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14520 on: January 15, 2014, 07:10:09 PM »
Am I the only one who is irrationally annoyed at people who share Facebook accounts?

99% of the time, it's the wife of a guy who refuses to get on Facebook, and so she makes her personal account into a joint account. Which Facebook is not set up to do... so she has to do some weird name thing like "GirlnGuy Lastname". And yet she is always the one posting... so it's not really the two of them. In which case, why not make it just yours??

But now I'm getting irritated because two family members (husband and wife) share an account, and both of them post just as frequently as each other. So I'll post a photo, and one of them will click the like button. A little while later, the other will get on and try to "like" the photo as well, but you can't like it twice - that just "unlikes" the photo, so to speak. Then they realize what they've done and like it again. Meanwhile I've gotten several notifications of them liking the same photo over and over and over... and don't get me started on trying to figure out who is commenting when both of them leave several comments on my wall or on photos.

I don't get it. It's a free account. A free account that is clearly meant to be for one person. Why would you NOT get your own account?

I know of a couple who share an account.  Or rather their fbook name is a combination of their names ie "hisfirstname and herfirstname Surname" but he's always on. I  don't think she even uses the internet, or at least she didn't like using it when we last saw them 10 years ago.  But then a lot can change. 

Lady Snowden, I'd be really tempted to start mentally referring to that woman as Mrs. Wiggins.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14521 on: January 15, 2014, 08:36:23 PM »
Lucas & I both use my Facebook account and both of our emails. We always talk things over, are smart enough to tell if we have "liked" something, nerver post the same thing, never get mushy, usually sign our initial, and no one has a problem with it. They know us. For the emails, why would anyone say anything to one of us that the other can not know? If it is that personal, it certainly does not belong on the web. It should be face to face.

We have never been people to talk about way personal stuff to others, anyway. Everyone knows not to criticize either of us, and we never tell anyone about our little marital frustrations. If  they share too much, they know both of us will know.

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
« Reply #14522 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06:43 AM »
I wish people didn't feel the need to be so bloody rude and dismissive about things they don't care for.

I was visiting a friend's place tonight. One condition of accepting his invitation was that while he was doing his WoW raid, I could watch "Revolution" when it came on. Since it's only shown on one American network, and that network's website won't let people outside the US watch its shows on demand, if I miss an episode, I'm kind of boned until the Blu-ray comes out. So I watch Revolution, and Law and Order comes on. He's still raiding, it's going to take longer than he thought to finish the thing. I'm cool with that, I'll just watch Law and Order while he finishes.
He's not into crime dramas. That's okay. What's not okay is how he asked if I was going to watch it. "You're not *bleeping* going to watch that S-word, are you?"
And he got kind of put out when I asked him not to talk that way, that asking a question in that manner came across as judgmental and offensive. And it's not like I was making him watch it or pay attention- he had his own thing going at the moment.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14523 on: January 16, 2014, 06:49:51 AM »
I hate that too, drives me up the wall.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #14524 on: January 16, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »
This may be a US-only problem. We live in a rural area with no mail delivery to houses, so we've got a PO Box. For the 15 years we've lived here, I've had packages shipped to work (at several different jobs) because you can't always tell when a company ships UPS and you can't have UPS packages delivered to a PO Box.

Last week, my place of work abruptly announced that we could no longer have personal packages shipped there. It seems my only way around this problem is to obtain a second PO Box at the UPS Store. This is not cheap.  :-\

We're the same...UPS forces us to use a home address, but they always, always, always drop them off at the PO (they don't even try home delivery, we live TWO BLOCKS from the PO...) I know this irritates our postmaster, as he then has to cross check names to make sure they go to the right box.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14525 on: January 16, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
I wish people didn't feel the need to be so bloody rude and dismissive about things they don't care for.

I hate this too. Most of my friends don't like waht I like to watch on tv, movies, books I read etc. BUT, if someone asks me about a show or something else, I just say, sorry, I don't watch it.  And vice versa. But I have encountered people who think I'm weird for not watching the really really popular reality show of the day, and so on.  Sorry, not my thing.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14526 on: January 16, 2014, 08:51:46 AM »
People who are not really "celebrities", but just happened to appear on a TV reality show, who then seem to make a living by airing their often bigoted and very tasteless opinions about every subject under the sun.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

poundcake

« Reply #14527 on: January 16, 2014, 08:58:16 AM »
Am I the only one who is irrationally annoyed at people who share Facebook accounts?

99% of the time, it's the wife of a guy who refuses to get on Facebook, and so she makes her personal account into a joint account. Which Facebook is not set up to do... so she has to do some weird name thing like "GirlnGuy Lastname". And yet she is always the one posting... so it's not really the two of them. In which case, why not make it just yours??

But now I'm getting irritated because two family members (husband and wife) share an account, and both of them post just as frequently as each other. So I'll post a photo, and one of them will click the like button. A little while later, the other will get on and try to "like" the photo as well, but you can't like it twice - that just "unlikes" the photo, so to speak. Then they realize what they've done and like it again. Meanwhile I've gotten several notifications of them liking the same photo over and over and over... and don't get me started on trying to figure out who is commenting when both of them leave several comments on my wall or on photos.

I don't get it. It's a free account. A free account that is clearly meant to be for one person. Why would you NOT get your own account?

This bugs me, too. It always feels like (with the 99% of the time) the wife is so completely wrapped up in her identity as a wife and (usually) mother, so all of the posts are pictures of the kids, with notes about how much she loves them and how wonderful they are. The JohnNJane updates are "Son A just hit a home run in Little League! So proud!" as opposed to anything they've done themselves. Or those memes about "Share if your husband is your best friend!" or "This person believes that moms make the world go 'round!" A little of that is one thing, but, well the constant barrage is annoying to me. It makes me wonder if they have a life or a hobby or anything else going on. But once I wonder that, JohnNJane usually posts a link to their Pintrest board about "Healthy Snacks for Kids!" or "Mommy Crafts!"

It would be really refreshing if JohnNJane posted that she had just read a fiction book, or thought that Idris Elba was hot. Anything that showed a little individuality!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14528 on: January 16, 2014, 09:02:48 AM »
Also the suggested "likes" or suggested "feeds" that FB seems to want me to follow.  These are usually pointless and just serve to clog up my feeds with things I am just. Not. Bothered. About.

>:(

Hillia

« Reply #14529 on: January 16, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »
Fitted sheets and pillow top mattresses.  About two years ago, we bought a really nice pillow top  mattress.  Some of the fitted sheets that we already had would fit it, although not terribly well, and would have to be refitted every couple of days as the corners slid off the mattress.  I finally broke down and used a Christmas gift card to buy some actual deep pocked fitted sheets - which are too big.  The sheet now comes off every single night while I sleep.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14530 on: January 16, 2014, 09:37:40 AM »
Fitted sheets and pillow top mattresses.  About two years ago, we bought a really nice pillow top  mattress.  Some of the fitted sheets that we already had would fit it, although not terribly well, and would have to be refitted every couple of days as the corners slid off the mattress.  I finally broke down and used a Christmas gift card to buy some actual deep pocked fitted sheets - which are too big.  The sheet now comes off every single night while I sleep.

There are straps you can buy, kind of like suspenders, that will fit around the corners to help hold the sheets on.  Might be something to look into...

I did the same - got a slightly pillowtop mattress.  My old sheets would fit but barely.  Bought new sheets and the summer ones don't come off but they are always wrinkly and get uncomfortable.  My winter ones fit fine, though.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14531 on: January 16, 2014, 09:38:02 AM »
Ditto on the fitted sheets.  I sometimes think we'd be better off with all flat sheets and "hospital corners."

perpetua

« Reply #14532 on: January 16, 2014, 09:46:03 AM »
People who are not really "celebrities", but just happened to appear on a TV reality show, who then seem to make a living by airing their often bigoted and very tasteless opinions about every subject under the sun.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Katie Hopkins, right?  ;D

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14533 on: January 16, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Katie Hopkins, right?  ;D

Was it that obvious? I will not read The Sun.  I literally cannot abide her!!!

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #14534 on: January 16, 2014, 11:02:22 AM »
I prefer flat sheets, personally. I also like safety pins on the bottom :)