News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 04:40:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5494103 times)

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #14370 on: January 16, 2014, 08:02:48 AM »
Also the suggested "likes" or suggested "feeds" that FB seems to want me to follow.  These are usually pointless and just serve to clog up my feeds with things I am just. Not. Bothered. About.

>:(
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hillia

« Reply #14371 on: January 16, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
Fitted sheets and pillow top mattresses.  About two years ago, we bought a really nice pillow top  mattress.  Some of the fitted sheets that we already had would fit it, although not terribly well, and would have to be refitted every couple of days as the corners slid off the mattress.  I finally broke down and used a Christmas gift card to buy some actual deep pocked fitted sheets - which are too big.  The sheet now comes off every single night while I sleep.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #14372 on: January 16, 2014, 08:37:40 AM »
Fitted sheets and pillow top mattresses.  About two years ago, we bought a really nice pillow top  mattress.  Some of the fitted sheets that we already had would fit it, although not terribly well, and would have to be refitted every couple of days as the corners slid off the mattress.  I finally broke down and used a Christmas gift card to buy some actual deep pocked fitted sheets - which are too big.  The sheet now comes off every single night while I sleep.

There are straps you can buy, kind of like suspenders, that will fit around the corners to help hold the sheets on.  Might be something to look into...

I did the same - got a slightly pillowtop mattress.  My old sheets would fit but barely.  Bought new sheets and the summer ones don't come off but they are always wrinkly and get uncomfortable.  My winter ones fit fine, though.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14373 on: January 16, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »
Ditto on the fitted sheets.  I sometimes think we'd be better off with all flat sheets and "hospital corners."

perpetua

« Reply #14374 on: January 16, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »
People who are not really "celebrities", but just happened to appear on a TV reality show, who then seem to make a living by airing their often bigoted and very tasteless opinions about every subject under the sun.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Katie Hopkins, right?  ;D

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14375 on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:33 AM »
People who are not really "celebrities", but just happened to appear on a TV reality show, who then seem to make a living by airing their often bigoted and very tasteless opinions about every subject under the sun.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Katie Hopkins, right?  ;D

Was it that obvious? I will not read The Sun.  I literally cannot abide her!!!

lady_disdain

• Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #14376 on: January 16, 2014, 10:02:22 AM »
I prefer flat sheets, personally. I also like safety pins on the bottom :)

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #14377 on: January 16, 2014, 12:43:45 PM »

I wish people didn't feel the need to be so bloody rude and dismissive about things they don't care for.
Or its corollary, people who actually become insulted if you don't like the things that they do.

MIL did this to me once.  We were visiting, and she was watching some inane comedy show she enjoyed.  I was either reading or working on some sort of craft project, not paying attention to the show, and MIL demanded to know why I wasn't laughing.  And she just would NOT let it drop, even when I tried politely to beandip.  Not liking the same things she did meant that I thought she was stupid and childish.  ::)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Amanita

• San Francisco I miss you!
« Reply #14378 on: January 16, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »

Or its corollary, people who actually become insulted if you don't like the things that they do.

MIL did this to me once.  We were visiting, and she was watching some inane comedy show she enjoyed.  I was either reading or working on some sort of craft project, not paying attention to the show, and MIL demanded to know why I wasn't laughing.  And she just would NOT let it drop, even when I tried politely to beandip.  Not liking the same things she did meant that I thought she was stupid and childish.  ::)

My friend does this too! When he says he's not interested in something, or doesn't want to do something I suggest, that's it, discussion is expected to end. But when I say I'm not into something, he wants me to justify it, or it's up for debate.

He loves Walking Dead. Me, it's not my thing. I can watch a youtube video where somebody compiles all the zombie kills and sets the whole thing to a funny soundtrack. But I know that there's a lot of things in that show that I would find really disturbing, so I don't watch it. He just can't understand why I'm not into it, or don't want to watch it.

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #14379 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45:32 PM »

I wish people didn't feel the need to be so bloody rude and dismissive about things they don't care for.

Tell me about it.  I had to say to someone once "There are a half million acceptable foodstuffs in the world; I'm allowed not to like some of them."

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #14380 on: January 17, 2014, 02:06:41 AM »
People who sit on a bus and cough their guts up. Yes, people have colds and coughs but really why the noises? There's a woman in front of me who I swear is going to hack up a lung. The cough is bad enough but the forced noise at the end is making me feel ill. What's the need for that?

Also people who sneeze in a grossly exaggerated manner and don't cover their mouth, forcing a jet spray of germs to fly through the air. Disgusting.  I have a cold and a cough but I also try to keep it to myself.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #14381 on: January 17, 2014, 05:40:09 AM »
In the same vein as Hollanda's post; people who sniff horribly loud. I was watching Duck Dynasty Wednesday night, and Uncle Si was ill with a cold/flu of some sort. I really didn't need to hear him snorting like that.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #14382 on: January 17, 2014, 05:43:15 AM »
Ugh, my middle son does that and we're always telling him "Blow your nose!" or just handing him the tissues.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

PastryGoddess

« Reply #14383 on: January 17, 2014, 06:44:48 AM »
People who sit on a bus and cough their guts up. Yes, people have colds and coughs but really why the noises? There's a woman in front of me who I swear is going to hack up a lung. The cough is bad enough but the forced noise at the end is making me feel ill. What's the need for that?

Also people who sneeze in a grossly exaggerated manner and don't cover their mouth, forcing a jet spray of germs to fly through the air. Disgusting.  I have a cold and a cough but I also try to keep it to myself.

As someone getting over a chest cold, I can only speak for myself.  I can't help those noises.  I cough until I can't any more.  Sometimes it's a short burst, sometimes I feel like I should have produced a child for all the effort I put in.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #14384 on: January 17, 2014, 07:19:41 AM »
There was a news article shared on fbook with a video of a guy who did a Riverdance-inspired skating routine, and it said under the video "He is not of Irish heritage-in fact, he's Jewish!"  ::)

Geez, a person can be of Irish heritage AND Jewish at the same time.  Judaism is a religion, not a nationality, folks. I've got two cousins as a matter of fact who are half Irish and Jewish.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata