News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 23, 2018, 10:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5497141 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15090 on: March 13, 2014, 08:04:18 AM »
That should NOT have happened to you. That teacher and the boy were so far out of bounds they left the solar system. 

Rather than quote the entire post, I took the most telling comment.  That situation is beyond outrageous.

Was the teacher male or female?  Either way it's a set-up to make you feel you have to be dumber than the dumbest man in your life.  It's a good thing I never feel for this one.

Female. Just to really rub it in. :P

At least I never ended up feeling like I was dumber than the dumbest male in my life. ;) Just that I had to kind of hide it if I wasn't, which... well, it's still bad, but comes with less self-loathing. *sigh*
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15091 on: March 13, 2014, 09:09:30 AM »
I'm sorry you ended up feeling that way.  I have never misrepresented my intelligence for the sake of any man's weak ego.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #15092 on: March 13, 2014, 09:24:21 AM »
I'm sorry you ended up feeling that way.  I have never misrepresented my intelligence for the sake of any man's weak ego.

I stopped at about age 14. ;) It feels good!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

siamesecat2965

« Reply #15093 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
Mail order prescriptions. I went for my physical this week, and need refills on my two inhalers.  So my Dr. Sends the scripts to the mail order company, who tells them neither one is covered anymore by my insurance, and there are no generics available, but there are alternatives. Ok fine, I can live with that. 

Dr. office calls me, and tells me which alterantives are covered, and that my Dr. is out until next week. I said fine, let me do some research, etc. and i'll call back then adn we can figure out what to switch to. Since I have two options for the one, and 3 for the other.

In the meantime, one would think, although I guess not, that if a medication isn't covered, the order won't go through. WRONG. Today I get an email saying its"in process" um no. I'm NOT paying full retail, and I would also think if they notified the dr. office its not covered, it would be cancelled, since its not covered. Wrong again!  Thankfully I was able to cancel, but what if I wasnt aware? I'd get a 3 month supply to the tune of about $800!!! 

now I can get the same 3 months, for $60 each. But its just annoying.

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #15094 on: March 14, 2014, 06:08:49 AM »
My current peeve is the Facebook posts that go something like "I got Voldemort!  Which Harry Potter character are you?"  I seem to see at least a dozen of these a day, and I do not CARE which Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings/Household cleaning item my friends are!

When someone brings every single conversation around to their children/grandchildren.

Substitute "dog" for "children/grandchildren", and that's my co-worker in a nutshell.  To be perfectly blunt, I find most kid and pet stories boring.  I'm not a fan of dogs, and although I love my cats, I don't feel the need to blather on about their doings.

Grrrrrrrr I hate, hate, hate these stupid quizzes.  Add to those:

- Which Grease character are you?
- What is your mental age?
- Who will you marry?
- At what age will you die?

Seriously.  Stop. It. Now.  I have deleted a serial offender and I am not afraid to do it again.
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #15095 on: March 14, 2014, 12:11:37 PM »
People who ask me for something, don't tell me they need it ASAP, and then get annoyed when its not done.

I get requests for older orders from one CW on a fairly regular basis. NEVER has it been "I need it NOW" I usually do it as soon as I get them, since if i don't, I'll forget, and it literally takes me less than 5 minutes. Today I got one, but was busy, and didn't get to it before lunch. So he then emails my boss, to ask if I'm in, and if not, can my boss get it for him. Ok, fine. Boss then says to me "can you get this?" Again fine.

Not 15 minutes after I get back, requseter says "never mind, i got it" Grrr. If you needed it that badly, then TELL me. Otherwise, I'm just going to assume its like all your other requests, which you need, but sometimes today is fine.

Cherry91

« Reply #15096 on: March 14, 2014, 05:42:51 PM »
On the BanBossy campaign, some of the people participating in it were asked about it, and they said a version of the following that I have paraphrased:

BanBossy is not about censorship. Even if the word bossy became illegal tomorrow, the underlying problems would still exist. It is simply a catchy and alliterative title to a campaign that is about encouraging young girls to develop confidence and leadership skills, in the hopes that this will positively encourage future generations and result in breaking down obstacles like the glass ceiling.
All will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #15097 on: March 14, 2014, 06:08:48 PM »
My DH, again, and his quaint belief that most service businesses like dry cleaners close at 5 on weekdays and are not open on Sundays at all.  I have explained to him that most women work nowadays, and that if a business isn't open after 5 or all weekend, they don't have many (or perhaps any) customers.  And yet today he brings me a dry cleaner's receipt about 5:10, asking what we should do, since he needed that shirt and it was "too late" to get it now.  ::)  The dry cleaner closes at 7:00, and it's only 2 miles away. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #15098 on: March 14, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »
My boss.

He's gone from totally ignoring my existence for 2 years to making me his 'right hand girl' since one of my colleagues left.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'd rather be busy than twiddling my thumbs all day, so this is good.

However...

First week of this 'flavour of the month' deal - Thursday morning.  "I need xyz - it's urgent - two week time frame - have it to me by Wednesday next week." 

Dude, make up your mind.  Is it urgent?  Is it due in two weeks?  Or do I indeed have to have it done by Wednesday, ie 3.5 working days away?

Then it changes from data comparison to a business case...  no problem, that's what you'll get.  However if the document needs any consultations, it may take longer.  Because everyone else has their priorities, which may not mesh with yours and mine, so don't expect them to be at my beck and call, ok?  Not to mention that the issue under discussion crosses several Acts, enterprise bargaining and wage agreements, has complex legal and financial ramifications for the organisation, and generally would normally be something that should take a couple of months to do properly.

All to prove to a couple of interstate consultants that doing A isn't a viable option for our organisation, and that we're better off sticking with B...

Yes, he got it on Wednesday at around 10am, albeit with a few caveats thrown in!

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Dr. F.

« Reply #15099 on: March 14, 2014, 06:39:13 PM »
Grocery stores (yes, I'm looking at you, Target!) that put 2 liter bottles of pop* on the very top shelf where I can barely reach them with my 5'2" self, and then I'm trying to deal with handling a heavyish bottle well over my head, after shoving the bottom off kilter so that I can grab the top. The whole thing is very precarious. Of course, there's never a staff member around, so I end up relying on passers-by to help me grab the stupid things.

Despite the prices, I end up buying bottles of pop at other stores.

*Yes, I am from the midwest.

Octavia

« Reply #15100 on: March 14, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
Vendors I work with who call & leave messages on my land line & mobile phone, send e-mails, and send instant messages & text messages on the same issue over a space of a few hours. Followed by an escalation to my supervisor and two more rungs up the corporate ladder. When it is not an urgent situation by any stretch of the imagination. They just want what they want right now. Unbelievably, a stern reminder about how to respect the client fell on deaf ears. Which resulted in me having to complain to the antagonist's supervisor. Amazingly after said vendor's supervisor told his employee to stand down, the pest called me yet again and left a message complaining that I really did not understand and I need to call him right away to sort this out. Ummmm, no.  ???
I've learned so much from this forum over the past 10+ years. While not an active poster, I visit practically every day to soak up the wisdom. Many thanks, Ehelldame, for providing one of the most valuable and civil communities on the web!

Arila

« Reply #15101 on: March 14, 2014, 06:53:04 PM »
It's an emergency, and you need to deal with this right now! I have attached the email chain with the history! We need it all done tomorrow!

I read the email chain.

They knew about the problem 4 months ago. I am finding out today.

I wish I could say this only happens once or twice, but it happens ALL. THE. TIME.

Octavia

« Reply #15102 on: March 14, 2014, 06:59:57 PM »
It's an emergency, and you need to deal with this right now! I have attached the email chain with the history! We need it all done tomorrow!

I read the email chain.

I wish I could say this only happens once or twice, but it happens ALL. THE. TIME.
That's so true and so frustrating!
I've learned so much from this forum over the past 10+ years. While not an active poster, I visit practically every day to soak up the wisdom. Many thanks, Ehelldame, for providing one of the most valuable and civil communities on the web!

PastryGoddess

« Reply #15103 on: March 14, 2014, 07:11:03 PM »

I read the email chain.

Hi Coworker

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15104 on: March 15, 2014, 06:38:00 AM »
Grocery stores (yes, I'm looking at you, Target!) that put 2 liter bottles of pop* on the very top shelf where I can barely reach them with my 5'2" self, and then I'm trying to deal with handling a heavyish bottle well over my head, after shoving the bottom off kilter so that I can grab the top. The whole thing is very precarious. Of course, there's never a staff member around, so I end up relying on passers-by to help me grab the stupid things.

Despite the prices, I end up buying bottles of pop at other stores.

*Yes, I am from the midwest.

Same problem here in NYC.  Anything that's on a high shelf and no easy way to get it down.

I hate asking other people to help me and often there are no store personnel to get the items for me (or anyone else under 6 feet tall).  A few stores have taken to leaving step ladders in the aisles and that has Accident Waiting to Happen written all over it.