Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1620003 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15480 on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
My boss' habit of putting things off!  Today I handed her two things that I'd done some of the work on, but needed her to complete since I don't have access to the other system.  I gave her one at like 9 am, and the other at about 10:30 am.  At 3:00 pm (I leave at 4), I asked if they were done.  She said she was working on them.  At 3:56, I asked if she needed me to stay until they were finished.  She told me "No, don't bother.  These are really hard ones, and I don't know when I'll be done.  I wish you'd told me how long they would take!".  ::) Well, maybe you should have started on them sometime before 3 pm, when I'd handed them to you 5+ hours ago, and you knew it had to be done today!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15481 on: March 31, 2014, 08:53:29 PM »
My boss has been insistent we use only method A when sending communications. Method A does not give us options, it just sends the communication to the default email address. Boss forwards me emails from two people who did not get the email when sent via method A. Because, they aren't using the email that is the default. They want to use a different email.

I tell boss this. She says to send it by method A anyway, so I did.  ::)

One year, one month, three days until my degree and I can change jobs.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #15482 on: April 01, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »
Dunkin Donuts was advertising butter pecan swirl coffee on tv. And I was excited to try that, because they discontinued my favorite butternut coffee a while back. So I went into the store, asked for a butter pecan and the girl at the counter was all "A butter pecan what ?" I said I wasn't sure what the drink was called, but that it also came in cookie dough flavor. She told me butter pecan  & cookie dough were both just flavorings they add to any drink, and eventually suggested putting it in an iced coffee when I couldn't make up my mind. Well, it tasted terrible. Nowhere near as good as the old butternut coffee. So disappointed  :P

Carotte

« Reply #15483 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
Would anyone care to guess how many times I told my SO to RSVP to his cousins' wedding, while he's in front of his computer, with the invite inches from his hand?
A wedding we've had the invite for 3 or 4 months.
A wedding he knew, even before getting the paper invite, he would not be able to go to?
 >:(

I'm getting, understandably, a bit tired of having to remind him everything so came to the resolution that he'll get one reminder (if he asked me to remind him) and  unless it's vital, affects me (or us) that's it.

He also put on the dining room table a pair of computer speakers he brought back from work, I told him he has until tonight to install them or they'll go into storage for the next three months, the time it would take for him to "find the time" to put them up.

Allyson

« Reply #15484 on: April 02, 2014, 02:39:44 AM »
warning: Facebook related gripe!

When somebody posts a question to Facebook ('anyone want to come over and hang out tonight, I'm suddenly free!' or 'what's your favourite seafood recipe?') and the *entire* list of responses is irrelevant humour attempts. In the specific examples I posted, it would be stuff like 'well, sure, if you fly me here from Other City!' or 'I'm allergic, so none unless you want me to go to the hospital!'. On their own, these aren't that annoying, but I find it kind of rude to the original poster if every single person is not actually answering the question. It's also how overused and common the "well, I'm in another city so I can't" thing is. Really, does that need to keep being said? If someone posts a question that doesn't apply to me, I typically won't answer, and if I do have something I think is funny to add, I'll at least try to wait for one or two 'real' answers.

nayberry

« Reply #15485 on: April 02, 2014, 06:46:38 AM »
allyson - i get a lot of evites to things in different countries, heck even different hemispheres!  my normal response is "if i was on the same continent then i'd be there!

people who complain at the doctors.  my doctor is great, he does run late and thats because he cares & listens to his patients and anyone who makes an appointment with him knows that if its not one of the first of the day you are likely to go in at least 5-10 minutes after your appt time. 
But some of the whining in the waiting room is just ridiculous.  He is a gp at a multi gp surgery.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15486 on: April 02, 2014, 06:56:58 AM »

When somebody posts a question to Facebook ('anyone want to come over and hang out tonight, I'm suddenly free!' or 'what's your favourite seafood recipe?') and the *entire* list of responses is irrelevant humour attempts. In the specific examples I posted, it would be stuff like 'well, sure, if you fly me here from Other City!' or 'I'm allergic, so none unless you want me to go to the hospital!'. On their own, these aren't that annoying, but I find it kind of rude to the original poster if every single person is not actually answering the question. It's also how overused and common the "well, I'm in another city so I can't" thing is. Really, does that need to keep being said? If someone posts a question that doesn't apply to me, I typically won't answer, and if I do have something I think is funny to add, I'll at least try to wait for one or two 'real' answers.

Likewise, it annoys me if I am sharing something I did that I'm pleased with and get jokey responses.  Last fall I shared a photo of a fall arrangement, (silk flowers and leaves in fallish colors) which I'd stuck in a Jamesons bottle since I didn't have a vase that would fit.  I ended up liking how it looked and wrapped a bit of fallish ribbon around the neck.

One of the compliments I got was "What did you do with the whiskey?" Um...I drank it? It wasn't even funny, though the woman surely meant it to be.  The bottle had been empty for a while but I'm one who likes to hold onto pretty liquor bottles. So I hadn't drank it recently but seriously, Jamesons is not a liquor you buy a bottle of just to pour it out and use it as a vase.

So it was just sort of an odd question rather than a funny joke.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #15487 on: April 02, 2014, 06:59:56 AM »

I can see where this would be tiresome, but it sounds like if there were no jokey responses, there wouldn't be any responses at all.  Wouldn't that be worse?

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #15488 on: April 02, 2014, 08:18:28 AM »
My mom, sister, and two aunts are now in a tropical paradise (another of the aunts lives there, the rest are visiting.) I had a 4 week notice that my mom was going there (she's staying for several months) and about a two week notice that my sister and other aunt were going.

I couldn't go, as I don't have the vacation time built up to take a spur of the moment trip--and I have a kid in school who only gets one day for spring break. (I could have financially swung it if I dipped into my savings, although more notice could do nothing but help.) My sister works for a school district with a week of spring break, so always has automatic time for this kind of thing. I work a job with scheduled deadlines, so need to have more advance notice for vacation. Their, "We're going to NYC in a week, can you come?" when they know I can't gets kind of old.

I'm now being treated to seeing their Facebook feeds and text messages about how much fun they're having, the views, the food, wish I could be there, etc. Kind of hurts my feelings. It's not like I want them to put their schedules around mine, that would be really snowflakey, but...I do wish I was there. I feel like this happens a lot. And it drives me up the wall that just once they can't think of me by actually planning in advance a little.  :-\

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15489 on: April 02, 2014, 08:30:41 AM »
I know the frustration. Sorry.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15490 on: April 02, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »
It's going to be another one of those "You're lucky you're so cute, kid" kind of days, I think.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15491 on: April 02, 2014, 08:40:19 AM »
The radio DJ this morning talking about the Chilean earthquake.

She couldn't say Chilé (Cheel-ay), she said (Che-LAY). Several times, drives me nuts. I had to change the station.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #15492 on: April 02, 2014, 08:41:15 AM »
I am genuinely curious: your child gets a *one day* Spring Break?

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15493 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:05 AM »
It's not that uncommon in some areas really, especially now that some schools are doing what they can to make up for snow days without adding more days onto the end of the year. My kids had the 28th and 29th of this month off but now they have to go into school. 

A friend of mine told me when she was a girl, all they got for Spring Break was Good Friday.  This was the Midwest in the 60's, by the way.  Where I went to school (80's and 90's and even now) the district did week long spring breaks.  Just really depends on the school district.

BabyMama

• Kim Chee Casserole
« Reply #15494 on: April 02, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
I am genuinely curious: your child gets a *one day* Spring Break?

Yeah. It's kind of silly. It's a Monday. They've given the kids the Friday before off as well, for staff development, but I'm thinking they'll have school that day anyway now--we had a lot of snow days here, and they actually tried to have a makeup day on President's Day...which ended up being a snow day as well :P