Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1705006 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15570 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
This morning, I came across not one, but two single car accidents.

One: the lane and shoulder of the road had skid marks and the car had some damage, but was out of the road and the driver did not appear to be injured.

Two: I am not sure what the driver did, but the car was crunched on the side and the front and was blocking an entire lane of a single lane road.

I called the appropriate authorities on both.

Adelaide

« Reply #15571 on: April 09, 2014, 06:17:18 PM »
My first-year writing professor used to shake her head at us and tell us that we were "still thinking like human beings instead of like lawyers". I finally know what she means. Everything is an argument to me, I can see multiple sides, and I want to rip all of them to shreds and attack the sides I don't agree with, except, oh yeah, I can see all of them. Which really isn't helpful when you're reading a "10 Fun Date Ideas" article your friend shared from Buzzfeed.  ::)

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #15572 on: April 09, 2014, 06:25:47 PM »
Not really a drive me up the wall,  but a minor annoyance...

All my nails grow in a near perfect squarish shape,  except for one. My left index finger grows perfectly rounded.

If I try to round off the others,  they split and break.  ::) if I square off the one oddball index finger,  it is back to perfect roundness in a few days.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #15573 on: April 09, 2014, 08:01:12 PM »
Not really a drive me up the wall,  but a minor annoyance...

All my nails grow in a near perfect squarish shape,  except for one. My left index finger grows perfectly rounded.

If I try to round off the others,  they split and break.  ::) if I square off the one oddball index finger,  it is back to perfect roundness in a few days.

Hey mine do that too! Except it's both index fingers. I think it's from how I type - my index fingers hit the keys at different angles and it means that the nails get rounded, but the other fingers hit them straight on most of the time, or the pads of my fingerst rather than the tips hit the keys.
Or it could just be a weird, annoying body thing.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15574 on: April 10, 2014, 10:32:11 AM »
Hard toddler heads.  Mine inadvertantly whacked his against mine by falling backwards while I was attempting to put pants on him.  He's fine...I have a headache.  ::)

And hard heads in other ways. Kid, when you want to go outside, that involves getting pants, socks, shoes and a shirt on, which require some level of cooperation from you.

Oy.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shalamar

« Reply #15575 on: April 10, 2014, 10:44:56 AM »
Oy, I remember my daughter head-butting me in the chin while I was trying to get winter boots on her.  It's one of the very few times I've literally seen stars.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15576 on: April 10, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »
We hired an employee last year, I trained her and she seemed to be happy and did her job well.

Quite suddenly, in February, she submitted her resignation and left for a job in the north part of our state. I just found out why.

She moved from the Midwest US to Florida with her husband. Both wanted to move. They got an apartment and each found a job here. He found more than a job at his new employer and now he has moved in with his new girlfriend. He told former employee by text message after he moved out while she was at work.

My heart is breaking for her.  :(

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15577 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:13 PM »
We hired an employee last year, I trained her and she seemed to be happy and did her job well.

Quite suddenly, in February, she submitted her resignation and left for a job in the north part of our state. I just found out why.

She moved from the Midwest US to Florida with her husband. Both wanted to move. They got an apartment and each found a job here. He found more than a job at his new employer and now he has moved in with his new girlfriend. He told former employee by text message after he moved out while she was at work.

My heart is breaking for her.  :(

Mine too! Ouch!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Snooks

« Reply #15578 on: April 10, 2014, 04:26:15 PM »
UK newspapers who link stories on the front of their website which includes US pace spoilers for shows which are currently showing in the UK. Putting at the top of the article "do not read unless you have seen the latest episode of The Good Wife" and failing to say you mean the episode which aired last night in the US not the one which aired on Thursday in the UK is not useful The Guardian  >:(

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15579 on: April 10, 2014, 08:06:13 PM »
Okay, all 3 of my boys were fortunate to inherit the tendency for their hair to curl at the ends when it's allowed to grow out past their ears.   And IMO they all look rather cute with their hair like this so I let them grow out their hair.  When we get their hair cut we ask that split ends be trimmed up but cut it so that it will still curl.

I think their facial structure makes it pretty clear they are male.  And yet...sigh...it never fails, people keep assuming Littlest Pirate is a girl.  ::)  MIL sympathizes with me, as she says when DH was a toddler, she could have him in blue from head to toe but with big blue eyes and curly blond hair, people took one look at him and said "What a cute girl!"

Today someone said "Oh how old is he?" right as DH was turning around to climb on something at the playground so they saw some curl.  "Oh, sorry, she?"

Me: He's two and a half, nearly.

Xandraea

« Reply #15580 on: April 11, 2014, 12:55:45 AM »
Okay, all 3 of my boys were fortunate to inherit the tendency for their hair to curl at the ends when it's allowed to grow out past their ears.   And IMO they all look rather cute with their hair like this so I let them grow out their hair.  When we get their hair cut we ask that split ends be trimmed up but cut it so that it will still curl.

I think their facial structure makes it pretty clear they are male.  And yet...sigh...it never fails, people keep assuming Littlest Pirate is a girl.  ::)  MIL sympathizes with me, as she says when DH was a toddler, she could have him in blue from head to toe but with big blue eyes and curly blond hair, people took one look at him and said "What a cute girl!"

Today someone said "Oh how old is he?" right as DH was turning around to climb on something at the playground so they saw some curl.  "Oh, sorry, she?"

Counter to this, until my girl was 2, she had very thin, light blonde hair, and I could dress her in pink flowers and ruffles and people still asked, "How old's your little guy?" Around age 2, her hair grew into golden ringlets and my dad bugged me for the next 5 years about cutting it because it was in her face. I pointed out that's what barrettes, elastics and headbands are for.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #15581 on: April 11, 2014, 01:05:55 AM »

In fairness, many toddlers & babies look androgynous to people outside their families.

allthelittledaisies

« Reply #15582 on: April 11, 2014, 04:27:25 AM »
I get twitchy when handling ceramics and my fingernails scrape against the piece. That's little, and also weird. I don't handle ceramics for this reason, though. A more normal thing is that it makes me crazy when people on television use words incorrectly.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15583 on: April 11, 2014, 06:37:26 AM »

Counter to this, until my girl was 2, she had very thin, light blonde hair, and I could dress her in pink flowers and ruffles and people still asked, "How old's your little guy?" Around age 2, her hair grew into golden ringlets and my dad bugged me for the next 5 years about cutting it because it was in her face. I pointed out that's what barrettes, elastics and headbands are for.

My cousin's wife used to pull her son's hair out of his eyes with his sister's barrettes when he was just playing at home. Used to drive my cousin crazy.  The last time we visited them, cousin's son was 14months old and would play with Buzz Lightyear one minute and his sister's My Little Pony toys the next and cousin hated that his son would play with "girl toys".  I told him that at that age, they're all simply toys to them and it wouldn't emasculate his boy to play with a plastic pony now and again.

Shalamar

« Reply #15584 on: April 11, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
That reminds me of when my elderly female cat was very ill and didn't have long to live.  I took her to the vet, and a vet's assistant kept referring to my cat as "he" - even after I politely corrected her several times.  "Okay, we're going to take him into the room in a minute."  "Um, my cat's a female, actually."  "He'll get an exam -"  "She.  She will get an exam." 

I didn't want to be rude, but I was already distraught because my poor cat was dying, and that girl just WASN'T LISTENING.