Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1650218 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15600 on: April 13, 2014, 09:22:38 PM »
If you attend a festival that has posted hours and a schedule, lingering in one of the festival stations over an hour after the end is going to inhibit the staff from cleaning up and getting out anywhere near on time. Body language and attempts to clean up did no good.

When we finally got the group away from the station, it took us a half hour to clean up, and pack up. An hour later (two hours after the event ended), the group was still there.

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15601 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:52 PM »
I know this is a stereotype, but men who don't understand women's sizes and toss out numbers like they do. A female friend of mine was talking about how one of her friends was a US size 8 in pants and the guy with us was like "Wow, yeah, that's getting on up there, size-wise. Pretty big."  ::) Or the guys who are like "Any girl over 150 pounds is a 'bigger' girl to me." At that weight and with a low body fat I'm about a US 4, thanks.

This is one of the things that will make me stop reading a story or book.  Some of the descriptions of women are just...nonsensical.  5'7" and 105 lbs does not lend itself to being curvy, statuesque, or large-chested!  I mean, I guess in some circumstances it could be, but not generally. 

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #15602 on: April 13, 2014, 10:52:23 PM »
I know this is a stereotype, but men who don't understand women's sizes and toss out numbers like they do. A female friend of mine was talking about how one of her friends was a US size 8 in pants and the guy with us was like "Wow, yeah, that's getting on up there, size-wise. Pretty big."  ::) Or the guys who are like "Any girl over 150 pounds is a 'bigger' girl to me." At that weight and with a low body fat I'm about a US 4, thanks.

This is one of the things that will make me stop reading a story or book.  Some of the descriptions of women are just...nonsensical.  5'7" and 105 lbs does not lend itself to being curvy, statuesque, or large-chested!  I mean, I guess in some circumstances it could be, but not generally. 

I am 5'7", curvy, and large-chested...I weigh 155lbs.  I would look downright sickly at 105.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15603 on: April 13, 2014, 11:17:24 PM »

My favorite are the 2 inch stilettos in various stories

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #15604 on: April 13, 2014, 11:19:36 PM »

My favorite are the 2 inch stilettos in various stories

BWAHAHA. That's missing the whole point (hyuk!) of stillettos.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

Library Dragon

« Reply #15605 on: April 13, 2014, 11:34:14 PM »

I am very sad that Coldwater Creek will be shutting down. I shop their sales, clearance and outlets frequently.

My DH yesterday. I mentioned that we could drive his vehicle today, since we drove mine Friday and we could spread the mileage around that way. Suddenly, DH remembers he needs an oil change (he has been talking about it for a few weeks, but not often) and a car wash. So I ask if he could go this morning and get those done, and we could just leave a bit later.

Mumble, grumble, complain. Then he sleeps in until noon, so that is out the window.

I sweetly suggested that he go Tuesday night after work to get his oil change.  >:D

I just placed an outlet order the day before the announcement. I had a Groupon deal that made it even better. 

I would try and tell co-workers that my clearance tank was cheaper than getting one at Walmart. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #15606 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19:14 AM »

I am 5'7", curvy, and large-chested...I weigh 155lbs.  I would look downright sickly at 105.

I have a friend that is currently around 110 lbs and 5'7''.  Partly due to genetics and partly because she recently spent several weeks in the hospital.  Her doctor has been having a conniption because her BMI is too low.  It is way, way underweight for her and she is having a lot of trouble putting the weight back on.  She herself stated she looked and felt sickly...a good weight for her for her bone structure is about 130 (I think she could easily weigh up to 150-170 without looking even remotely chunky).

Now at 5' nothing, 105 might be curvy on some people, but again, it really depends on bone structure and how much muscle you carry. When I was 5' (this was as a young teenager, pre-growth spurt), I weighed about 120-125 lbs and you could see my bottom ribs clearly and my collar bone was very prominent looking.  Obviously, I could have weighed quite a bit more at that size and still looked thin.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15607 on: April 14, 2014, 07:37:04 AM »
Whatever was making the noise that kept my DH and I up last night.  It honestly sounded like someone set a power drill against the side of our house and turned it on at varying intervals.  Never far enough apart that you could actually fall asleep, but just far enough apart that you began to hope you could fall asleep or that it was over.  We even went outside at 2:30 in the morning to see if we could figure out what it was...nothing. 

So now we're both sleep deprived, and tonight is the monthly dinner with the in-laws.  They don't go well even when I'm fully rested and braced for it.  Deity only knows how it'll go tonight, when we're both short tempered and sleep deprived!

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #15608 on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:25 AM »
The "exaggerated gasp" when people take a mo0uthful of (usually) tea/coffee and swallow it.  DS has started doing it (I would say picked up from one of the Mums at playgroup) and it irritates the living bells out of me.

Also people who chew loudly. Especially crisps.  I just hate that noise.  It makes me feel physically nauseated.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15609 on: April 14, 2014, 08:02:31 AM »

I am very sad that Coldwater Creek will be shutting down. I shop their sales, clearance and outlets frequently.

My DH yesterday. I mentioned that we could drive his vehicle today, since we drove mine Friday and we could spread the mileage around that way. Suddenly, DH remembers he needs an oil change (he has been talking about it for a few weeks, but not often) and a car wash. So I ask if he could go this morning and get those done, and we could just leave a bit later.

Mumble, grumble, complain. Then he sleeps in until noon, so that is out the window.

I sweetly suggested that he go Tuesday night after work to get his oil change.  >:D

I just placed an outlet order the day before the announcement. I had a Groupon deal that made it even better. 

I would try and tell co-workers that my clearance tank was cheaper than getting one at Walmart.

Since the announcement, no groupon deals will be honored.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15610 on: April 14, 2014, 08:54:05 AM »
As for weight comments, I am 5'2" and used to be around 115lbs and due to my ADD meds I kept losing weight till I was 103 and decided it was time to go off the meds and talk to a psychiatrist who said that my case was so mild that I ought to be able to easily get away without using meds at all.   I still get distracted but I've learned ways of dealing with it. 

Well I started putting on weight, aiming for 120 since that was a healthy weight for someone of my stature and this one woman I used to talk to kept saying "Well my son's girlfriend is about your size and 105 looks just fine on her!" Like she thought I should stay where I was or that I was saying 105 in general is too thin for this height.

Um, no. I had been saying that for ME and MY bone structure, 103 was really way too thin and both DH and my bff were concerned I was too thin. I never met the gf of her son but she might have just been built smaller than I am. 

I have the same build as my aunts on my dad's side, and my late grandmother, only shorter.  They are/were around 5'7" and not curvy but not super slim either.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shalamar

« Reply #15611 on: April 14, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »
Somewhat related:  I hate it when a female character in a book is "starving", makes herself a salad, and then "nibbles" at it.  When I'm starving, I don't nibble - I inhale.  And don't get me started on the whole salad thing, either.  I've got nothing against salads - I love them - but it seems like women in these types of books never have a big feed of spaghetti or burgers or Chinese food; it's always salad.

(And they always end up throwing it away because something causes them to lose their appetites.)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #15612 on: April 14, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
Somewhat related:  I hate it when a female character in a book is "starving", makes herself a salad, and then "nibbles" at it.  When I'm starving, I don't nibble - I inhale.  And don't get me started on the whole salad thing, either.  I've got nothing against salads - I love them - but it seems like women in these types of books never have a big feed of spaghetti or burgers or Chinese food; it's always salad.

(And they always end up throwing it away because something causes them to lose their appetites.)

I've always noticed yogurt or a fruit plate.   ::)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15613 on: April 14, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
As for weight comments, I am 5'2" and used to be around 115lbs and due to my ADD meds I kept losing weight till I was 103 and decided it was time to go off the meds and talk to a psychiatrist who said that my case was so mild that I ought to be able to easily get away without using meds at all.   I still get distracted but I've learned ways of dealing with it. 

Well I started putting on weight, aiming for 120 since that was a healthy weight for someone of my stature and this one woman I used to talk to kept saying "Well my son's girlfriend is about your size and 105 looks just fine on her!" Like she thought I should stay where I was or that I was saying 105 in general is too thin for this height.

Um, no. I had been saying that for ME and MY bone structure, 103 was really way too thin and both DH and my bff were concerned I was too thin. I never met the gf of her son but she might have just been built smaller than I am. 

I have the same build as my aunts on my dad's side, and my late grandmother, only shorter.  They are/were around 5'7" and not curvy but not super slim either.

I'm built like my dad was, squat, as I liked to tease him about. I'm just under
5' 6", and at my thinnest and healthiest, I was about 135-140. and a size 12. I'm doing WW and have lost about 12 lbs, so am just a smidge over 200, but my goal, which doens't jive with WW, is somewhere between 150-160. per WW though, my "range" is 135-155. I'm not too concerned with the actual number, but more how I look adn feel. If i'm 165, so be it. I'm already down from a 16 to 14 in certain things, which is funny since I've weighed less than i do now, and not been able t6o fit into any 14s. I keep saying i must be losing in different places!

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15614 on: April 14, 2014, 04:54:33 PM »
For some reason plain cranberry juice doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's all cran-grape, cran-apple, cran-orange, cran-pumpkin, cran-tomato, cran-lima bean. Where did the plain cranberry juice go??? Arrrrgghh!!!