Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1684535 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15615 on: April 14, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
I have some, I buy it on sale and then have a bit now and then. I always look at the label on the shelf and can usually find it hidden between all the varieties.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15616 on: April 14, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
For some reason plain cranberry juice doesn't seem to exist anymore. It's all cran-grape, cran-apple, cran-orange, cran-pumpkin, cran-tomato, cran-lima bean. Where did the plain cranberry juice go??? Arrrrgghh!!!

I feel your pain. It's frustrating.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15617 on: April 14, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »
Have you noticed a similar problem with mayonnaise?

Light, Fat Free, Olive Oil, Home Style, Spicy, etc.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15618 on: April 14, 2014, 07:00:32 PM »
Have you noticed a similar problem with mayonnaise?

Light, Fat Free, Olive Oil, Home Style, Spicy, etc.

And yogurt

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15619 on: April 14, 2014, 07:14:28 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I like bacon plenty, but does it have to be in EVERYTHING? I once tried baconaise and oh ewww!

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Tea Drinker

« Reply #15620 on: April 14, 2014, 07:26:57 PM »
I can get plain yogurt, but only by the quart. (That's also the only way I can get whole milk yogurt, plain or otherwise--it just doesn't come in those little cups. I don't begrudge other people the lowfat yogurt, but it's not what I want.)

The quart containers are fine for when I'm home--I mix in fresh fruit or jam, and wind up with flavors that I couldn't buy at the supermarket, and sometimes I use a bit to make salad dressing--but annoying if I'm looking for a snack or breakfast on a train or at an airport.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15621 on: April 14, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »
^ This! We use whole fat dairy exclusively and it is so hard to find non-fat free yogurt in individual cups.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #15622 on: April 14, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »
^ This! We use whole fat dairy exclusively and it is so hard to find non-fat free yogurt in individual cups.

FAGE  total Greek yogurt comes in individual cups

ETA :or make your own. Yogurt is really easy to make.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15623 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:05 PM »
Whatever was making the noise that kept my DH and I up last night.  It honestly sounded like someone set a power drill against the side of our house and turned it on at varying intervals.  Never far enough apart that you could actually fall asleep, but just far enough apart that you began to hope you could fall asleep or that it was over.  We even went outside at 2:30 in the morning to see if we could figure out what it was...nothing. 

So now we're both sleep deprived, and tonight is the monthly dinner with the in-laws.  They don't go well even when I'm fully rested and braced for it.  Deity only knows how it'll go tonight, when we're both short tempered and sleep deprived!
I woke up to something like that some predawn hour. After trying to block it out, I panicked. Suddenly it sounded like a baby/toddler in distress like a wheezy cry and gasp for breath. I shared a downstairs wall with a family in the next apartment. The Dad was a student and worked odd shifts. The Mom and kids had been down with some bug the last couple of days. I was scared the Mom had either become very ill or as dead asleep exhausted from being ill.

I went next door and the husband was coming out. Everyone was ok. It took me several more hours to track down the problem. The building maintenance guys were filling the pool and the hose had a crimp in it. It created a whinny gaspy noise until the pressure was enough then it would release making the sighing noise.

I straightened the hose. Then the pool opened but the maintenance guys left the hose in because the pool was still low. Hose, pool, kids - UGGG!!!!. The kids started crimping the hose to squirt it at each other. I would go outside and explain the horrible noise it made in my apartment. They, to their credit, would apologize and stop. They they would leave and a new group of kids would get in the pool and hose, pool, kids UGGG!!!

Finally I marched over to the office and explained the noise, and asked when the pool would be full enough. They removed it then - they also got a newer hose that didn't have a huge crimp in it for the future. 
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #15624 on: April 14, 2014, 11:17:16 PM »
The sound of snoring.  More specifically, the sound of snoring during the day.

Housemate snores.  I can handle it overnight when she's in the next room.  Once I'm asleep, I usually sleep like a log.

But she gets up early when her puppy needs to go out, and camps out on the lounge rather than going back to bed.  She then lies there, eyes closed, snoring up a storm.

I have told her, many times, 'just go back to bed'.  Oh no, she is awake, she knows she's snoring, but she is awake...  Yeah.

On Sunday it was bad enough to rattle the windows.  I was sitting in the lounge chair next to the lounge, having my morning coffee.  It had been going on for nearly two hours at this stage.  It was enough... I went out and took some frustration out on the garden - things needed pruning anyway.  Still she insists she's awake.  I told her if she's awake and breathing like that, she needs to see a doctor!

Xandraea

« Reply #15625 on: April 15, 2014, 02:37:11 AM »
I finally found a tank style that worked perfectly for me! But at $30 each, I've been trying to spread around the cost, picking up only a few at a time. I went back to the store this week for more colors, and they have been discontinued. Can't even find them online in closeout.
...and that last fact in itself is enough to drive you up the wall.

I hate this. It seems every time I find something I live, clothes, makeup, bath products, it gets discontinued

Add me to the list of those driven up a few walls by this. Argh!

Me too! My favorites end up being discontinued, or were short trial-runs, and I always find out after the fact that I can't buy more.  I too was disappointed that Coldwater Creek has declared bankruptcy, and the employees found out about it with the rest of us when they read the newspaper. I purchased one fantastic top there the other day and I'll go back for more and see if a dress I liked is still there for a further reduced price.

My favorite jeans' zipper broke, so I went to the store to ask about getting them exchanged, the saleswoman looked them up in the customer catalog, and on the website, they weren't there.. she then checked some hidden place in the computer and found three pairs, in MY size and inseam (miracle!), AND they were so deeply discounted as to be only $6 each. I grabbed up all three pairs, and was so excited when they arrived at my doorstep, but when I tried them on, none of the three pair fit. Such disappointment! But, since they're all a bit small and I intend to lose some weight, and they were only $6 each, I kept them as goal jeans. I've also bought a shampoo/conditioner pair twice in two different amazing scents, that were both discontinued before I could get a second bottle.

Carotte

« Reply #15626 on: April 15, 2014, 06:47:46 AM »

I finally found a tank style that worked perfectly for me! But at $30 each, I've been trying to spread around the cost, picking up only a few at a time. I went back to the store this week for more colors, and they have been discontinued. Can't even find them online in closeout.
...and that last fact in itself is enough to drive you up the wall.

I hate this. It seems every time I find something I live, clothes, makeup, bath products, it gets discontinued

Add me to the list of those driven up a few walls by this. Argh!

I got lucky recently, years ago I had purchased  basic tank tops at H&M and ended up wearing the heck out of them. For years they had nothing alike in store and this year they're back in stock!
Not the same colors, they're now made with organic cotton, but the same tank top in the end.
That probably works only because it's a basic, timeless, one solid color item.

For me it was Coke Black that was discontinued, much to my unhappiness. It was like regular coke (that I don't really like) with coffee (that I don't really like either), somehow I loved the two together and it was the perfect solution to the endless study nights while in school (I don't like energy drink either).

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15627 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:35 AM »
When you try to do something nice and the person you are trying to do it for doesn't appreciate it. Lesson learned.

Hillia

« Reply #15628 on: April 15, 2014, 09:44:20 AM »
9 Chickweed Lane.  It's a comic.  I generally enjoy the strip, although the author is very intent on showing everyone that he is that much more intelligent and cultured than everyone else. 

A few years ago, there was a storyline involving the crotchety grandmother of the main character.  It traced her adventures as a USO entertainer during WWII who is recruited as an undercover agent by US intelligence. 

Now there's been a storyline going since December about the same character and her WWII adventures, but it's branched out to include a wounded US soldier (who was part of the first story), German officers, a US secret agent, a woman who works for the French resistance, and others, and I cannot follow it at all.  Because the narration alternates between characters speaking in obscure references to be clever, and Very Dramatic strips which have no dialog at all, I have no idea what's going on, who is who, who's currently in disguise and who's faking it. 

It's about to make me give up on a strip that I otherwise enjoy.  Bah.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15629 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »
I'd really like to know why the world suddenly decided that I'm its ATM.

The number of panhandlers/political groups/religious groups/environmental groups/save the children/save the whales/save the albino banana slug people who hit me up for money is downright ridiculous. My record is four different people hitting me up for spare change in fifteen minutes.  :P

Edited to add:

Right after I posted the above I went out to get some lunch.
Total time it took to go get lunch and come back: 15 minutes
Total number of people who hit me up for money: 2

Is wanting to be able to walk two freakin' blocks without being bothered too much to ask?  >:(
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:25:39 PM by Miss Misery »