Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1623550 times)

Bexx27

• Striving to meet the minimum requirements of social acceptability
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15630 on: April 15, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
On the topic of discontinued products, I am still seriously mourning Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. -George Washington Carver

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15631 on: April 15, 2014, 12:06:18 PM »
On the topic of discontinued products, I am still seriously mourning Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide.
One Sweet Whirled,man, One Sweet Whirled.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
« Reply #15632 on: April 15, 2014, 12:16:26 PM »
Hillia - totally with you on 9CL!  I used to really enjoy it, but somewhere along the line the creator decided he was smarter than everyone else, and if you don't like his strip, it's because you're a "beefwit."

I believe the current story is in response to the outpouring of criticism he got over the first one.  It has been terrible.  I'll be honest - I only read it so I can keep up with the snark communities online.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #15633 on: April 15, 2014, 12:22:13 PM »
This really shouldn't drive me up the wall, but it does.

The Beagle injured his foot and is currently wearing "the cone of shame" to keep him from licking the wound.  Darned thing makes him bash into everything...including me.  I know he can't see well out of it, but when he walks behind me he pushes into my calfs with the edge of the cone.  It feels like he's trying to push me into moving faster.

Hopefully, the vet will remove it when we see her again on Monday.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15634 on: April 15, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »
Week long spring breaks. Too blasted long, board of ed, too blasted long. Not to mention quite odd for our county. In the past they're usually from Wednesday or Thursday to Easter Monday.  That, I can live with. The older two have only been home two days and I'm worn out.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15635 on: April 15, 2014, 01:26:05 PM »
I have a fairly close friend who is doing a special devotional program. She posts daily of what lesson was on that day.

Only problem is that some of them are not for public consumption. I'm debating about hiding her statuses altogether.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15636 on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
I have a fairly close friend who is doing a special devotional program. She posts daily of what lesson was on that day.

Only problem is that some of them are not for public consumption. I'm debating about hiding her statuses altogether.

We share the cousin's faith, but we had to put her on "do not follow". I check every few days to see if she has posted fewer than 6 devotionals a  day, but it hasn't happened yet. She can see us because every once in a while we get a "like" on something and recently a PM. That's my compromise.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15637 on: April 15, 2014, 02:26:13 PM »
When you lose something, but a replacement and then find the original. I lost my fitbit zip, looked high and low for it, and finally sucked it up and bought a new one. What did i find last night, under my dresser, in the far corner? Yup. the old one.

Snooks

« Reply #15638 on: April 15, 2014, 03:24:56 PM »
When you try to do something nice and the person you are trying to do it for doesn't appreciate it. Lesson learned.

Yep been there done that, didn't even get acknowledgement that I'd done it.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #15639 on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »
FMIL is driving me up the wall.  About 1.5 weeks ago, I e-mailed her to ask her if she wanted to dye eggs this past Sunday.  I hadn't heard back from her about 5 days later so while on my way out of work, I asked her if she had received my e-mail.  She said yes and while she did not give me a specific affirmative answer, I figured it was something I could count on.  Sunday came around, DF was ill and I was coming down with the same thing.  He told her we wouldn't be able to dye eggs.  Then yesterday, he calls to ask if she wanted to dye eggs; he was feeling better and I could manage it.  She said it was too late but did we want to go to KFC for dinner?  I heard him say, "Oh, I guess that was a Sunday thing, huh?"  That makes absolutely no sense to me, and his mollifying her just annoys me more.  There was absolutely no good reason we couldn't have done it yesterday instead of going to KFC; none at all.

Today Six asked if we were going to dye eggs with grandma since we didn't do it Sunday or yesterday.  I had to tell her Grandma didn't want to.  Six asked why but I didn't have an answer.  This is incredibly frustrating.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15640 on: April 15, 2014, 04:22:58 PM »
A few hours ago I made a Facebook comment on IMDB.

I just checked to see if there were any more comments and found this reply: "You should change your FB pic. You are incredibly ugly." with six likes.

Yay.  ::)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15641 on: April 15, 2014, 04:25:31 PM »

I just checked to see if there were any more comments and found this reply: "You should change your FB pic. You are incredibly ugly."

I hope you flagged it...when someone says stuff like that to me in person, I get a really confused look on my face and say, "I'm just trying to figure out what makes you think your opinion matters to me?"
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15642 on: April 15, 2014, 04:37:50 PM »

I just checked to see if there were any more comments and found this reply: "You should change your FB pic. You are incredibly ugly."

I hope you flagged it...when someone says stuff like that to me in person, I get a really confused look on my face and say, "I'm just trying to figure out what makes you think your opinion matters to me?"

I blocked the creep.

It's amazing how many complete strangers will leave nasty comments about my looks, often just for the hell of it -- "incredibly ugly", "disgustingly ugly", "lesbo", "dyke", "slut", "you look like you have Down's syndrome" are some of the delightful comments I've received in the last two months or so. Gotta love the internet.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15643 on: April 15, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

I blocked the creep.

It's amazing how many complete strangers will leave nasty comments about my looks, often just for the hell of it -- "incredibly ugly", "disgustingly ugly", "lesbo", "dyke", "slut", "you look like you have Down's syndrome" are some of the delightful comments I've received in the last two months or so. Gotta love the internet.

The e-hell?  Why do people do that?  (I know you don't have an answer.)  I'm sorry people are such jerks; it would drive me up the wall, too.  Their lives must be incredibly dull if that's all they can contribute to the world.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15644 on: April 15, 2014, 04:59:44 PM »
When you try to do something nice and the person you are trying to do it for doesn't appreciate it. Lesson learned.

Yep been there done that, didn't even get acknowledgement that I'd done it.

The kind deed was rejected. No more.