Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1682708 times)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15645 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
Networks moving shows to different time slots mid-season for no particular reason that I can find.

2 of my shows have done that this week, and it is making me mad. The one for tonight(Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) is in conflict with one of my other shows(Face Off), which makes it even more annoying.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15646 on: April 16, 2014, 11:13:24 AM »
Networks moving shows to different time slots mid-season for no particular reason that I can find.

2 of my shows have done that this week, and it is making me mad. The one for tonight(Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) is in conflict with one of my other shows(Face Off), which makes it even more annoying.

Well, in the case of SHIELD, they at least had a reason: they wanted to show last week's episode because Ward's heel turn was integral to this weeks.  (I didn't say it was a GOOD reason, but they didn't bump it to 9PM for no reason at all.)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15647 on: April 16, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »
Those videos with kids reacting to various topics or old items is no longer cute, folks.  Nor is it believable that it's not scripted. I watched only part of one about rotary dial phones and shut it off.

Seriously, so long as these toys are still made, you will not convince me that a child of this current generation has never seen a rotary phone of any kind:

http://www.diapers.com/p/basic-fun-fisher-price-classic-chatter-phone-115086?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_D&utm_term=AZN-169&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1406140320&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=AZN-169&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

alkira6

« Reply #15648 on: April 16, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »
Add me to those who find something they love and it disappears forever.  Suave had a shampoo and conditioner out a few years ago that was wonderful for my hair - it made it soft, kept away the frizzies, and did not weigh it down.  Of COURSE it was discontinued.  I did find the family sized bottles at Big Lots and I bought them all.  I do mean all. the manager brought out all of their stock of the shampoo and conditioner.  It has been four years and I have switched to co-washing. I still have enough conditioner left to last another 5 years at least. DH uses the shampoo on his head and beard.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15649 on: April 16, 2014, 06:35:43 PM »
A few hours ago I made a Facebook comment on IMDB.

I just checked to see if there were any more comments and found this reply: "You should change your FB pic. You are incredibly ugly."

Yay.  ::)

I hope you flagged it...when someone says stuff like that to me in person, I get a really confused look on my face and say, "I'm just trying to figure out what makes you think your opinion matters to me?"

I blocked the creep.

It's amazing how many complete strangers will leave nasty comments about my looks, often just for the hell of it -- "incredibly ugly", "disgustingly ugly", "lesbo", "dyke", "slut", "you look like you have Down's syndrome" are some of the delightful comments I've received in the last two months or so. Gotta love the internet.

The e-hell?  Why do people do that?  (I know you don't have an answer.)  I'm sorry people are such jerks; it would drive me up the wall, too.  Their lives must be incredibly dull if that's all they can contribute to the world.

It's my belief people behave like this online simply because they know there is no retribution in real life. They are just cowards and showing their childishness to the world.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15650 on: April 16, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
When I found out that my blood pressure and my blood sugar were trying to one-up each other in a reverse-limbo contest, I set a goal for myself:  I was going to get healthy enough to be able to have at least one meal that was actively bad for me (moderation is the key!), and I was going to celebrate by having that meal at the awesome diner that's near us.

I just found out that the awesome diner closed a few weeks ago.  :(  It feels like a bad portent, even though I know it's not and I'm not letting that stop me.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #15651 on: April 16, 2014, 09:20:15 PM »
A few hours ago I made a Facebook comment on IMDB.

I just checked to see if there were any more comments and found this reply: "You should change your FB pic. You are incredibly ugly."

Yay.  ::)

I hope you flagged it...when someone says stuff like that to me in person, I get a really confused look on my face and say, "I'm just trying to figure out what makes you think your opinion matters to me?"

I blocked the creep.

It's amazing how many complete strangers will leave nasty comments about my looks, often just for the hell of it -- "incredibly ugly", "disgustingly ugly", "lesbo", "dyke", "slut", "you look like you have Down's syndrome" are some of the delightful comments I've received in the last two months or so. Gotta love the internet.

The e-hell?  Why do people do that?  (I know you don't have an answer.)  I'm sorry people are such jerks; it would drive me up the wall, too.  Their lives must be incredibly dull if that's all they can contribute to the world.

It's my belief people behave like this online simply because they know there is no retribution in real life. They are just cowards and showing their childishness to the world.

One of the main reasons that I dont put pictures of myself on most of my public profiles. I have one of myself on here, mainly because I know that comments towards my looks wont happen. I am a big girl, and someone always likes to point out the fact that I am fat.  ::)  Hugs, Miss Misery. Sorry that someone said that to you. :(

Allyson

« Reply #15652 on: April 16, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »
Going back a few pages, to the comment on unrealistic depictions of women's sizes...I was once in an RP game run by a friend and we were giving height/weight for characters, I mentioned my character had recently put on weight because she'd formerly been malnourished and now wasn't, so she'd be about 140 at 5'6...the guy running it looked confused and said "so, she's fat now?" If looks could kill, the 3 women at the table would all be going to jail for murder! He wasn't trying to be insulting--he honestly thought that was a really high weight and was shocked when all of us gave our real weights...one of the women was his girlfriend!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #15653 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:38 AM »
Going back a few pages, to the comment on unrealistic depictions of women's sizes...I was once in an RP game run by a friend and we were giving height/weight for characters, I mentioned my character had recently put on weight because she'd formerly been malnourished and now wasn't, so she'd be about 140 at 5'6...the guy running it looked confused and said "so, she's fat now?" If looks could kill, the 3 women at the table would all be going to jail for murder! He wasn't trying to be insulting--he honestly thought that was a really high weight and was shocked when all of us gave our real weights...one of the women was his girlfriend!

Yeah, I have a couple of male friends that thought I was something like 40-50 lbs less or so than I am.  When I laughed and told them how much I weighed, they were all  shocked that I weigh almost what they do, though physically I look much, much smaller.  I actually weigh about 20 lbs more than one of them, though he is very muscular and about 3 inches taller than me, he has little bird bones and I SO do not.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15654 on: April 17, 2014, 07:32:37 AM »
It's  one reason I refuse to guess a person's weight.  I am a terrible judge of weight as some people have told me they are about 10 lbs overweight and I look at them and can honestly say I would have had absolutely no way of knowing because of how they carry it, and how they dress.   Safer to just not guess at all!

I also don't like to guess a person's size because that's so unpredictable too.  I could have sworn one friend told me she was a size 12 and saw a dress in a thrift store but it was a size 14, and told her as much.  She said "I wear a size 14..." Oops.. :-[

She understood I wasn't implying a size 14 was heavy or anything, just was sure she'd said she wore a size 12.  Course now she does wear a size 12, just one size up from me, but she's also taller and slightly curvier than I am.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Redsoil

« Reply #15655 on: April 17, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
I tend to think we should all celebrate being who we are, the bodies we have and the faces that can express so much to our friends.

I tend to have a very eclectic group of friends, some of whom have quite distinctive looks by nature.  I love the fact that their characters shine through - that, to me, is the most beautiful thing of all.  Individualism should be appreciated by the world at large!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Adelaide

« Reply #15656 on: April 17, 2014, 11:09:25 AM »
My brother is 20 and in the military and he doesn't care about seeing his family at all. Yet every time I call or visit home it's "Has your brother called you?" or "When was the last time you talked to your brother?" No one can stop talking about him. I'm kind of over it now, hence me filing it under "little things" but still. They care way too much and he cares way too little.

Shalamar

« Reply #15657 on: April 17, 2014, 11:11:51 AM »
When someone at work changes a password, doesn't tell anyone, and is then surprised when other people (like me) ask WHY he didn't tell anyone.  "I didn't know that you use it!"  Our operations guys use that password to download a very important file very day, sport, and you cost me two hours of my precious time while I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #15658 on: April 17, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
My brother is 20 and in the military and he doesn't care about seeing his family at all. Yet every time I call or visit home it's "Has your brother called you?" or "When was the last time you talked to your brother?" No one can stop talking about him. I'm kind of over it now, hence me filing it under "little things" but still. They care way too much and he cares way too little.

I get the same, only my brother is 21 years older than I am and was already married with a kid by the time I was born.  What on EARTH would we have to talk about?  The only thing we have in common is our mother.  So why would he ever call me, unless something bad happened?  Puzzles me.

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #15659 on: April 17, 2014, 11:41:07 AM »
"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. *grating tonal noise*"

Okay, I know I've seen every episode of The Golden Girls at least three times, but that doesn't mean it isn't annoying.  I'd rather listen to non-stop St. Olaf stories from Rose than see another one of those. (Actually, those stories are pretty funny...)