Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1693934 times)

Snooks

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15660 on: April 17, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »
My mom not understanding the difference between mobile data and wifi.  Whenever I try to explain it she just gets angry.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15661 on: April 17, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »
Dear entertainment reporters, there are other women in the world besides Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus, you know.

Or how about this: "Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been so busy with school and exams." Everyone knows being up to your eyeballs with studies and exams is the perfect time to start a blog/tumblr/DeviantArt group to just sit there and be ignored because you're too busy with studies and exams to pay any attention to them. *headdesk*

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:44:33 PM by Miss Misery »

Allyson

« Reply #15662 on: April 17, 2014, 03:53:44 PM »
When people really seem to think that liking or not liking an actress/musician etc is evidence about their personal life. I'll explain. While I totally understand having opinions about actors and musicians based on their public behavior, it doesn't really make much sense to say things like "well, I love his music, so I can't believe he'd do X" or something like "I've never liked her movies; her behaviour doesn't surprise me at all!" How does that even relate?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15663 on: April 17, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
My DH dislikes many celebrities due to their political leanings. I have pointed out to him that I don't want them to be elected, but if they can sing or act, it makes no difference to me who they vote for!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15664 on: April 17, 2014, 04:20:31 PM »
Likewise, when some folks I know IRL will whine "entertainers shouldn't spout off about politics!" but the second an entertainer starts agreeing with their own views, they will pump their fist and agree with them.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15665 on: April 17, 2014, 04:37:14 PM »
I also don't care how many times they have been married, to whom, how many children they have and so on.

I have a friend who is a total fan girl. She will drive overnight after working all day to see her current favorite and to spend one minute with them. That is her prerogative, but then she laments her lack of a personal relationship and today was posting how many children she wants to have. I restrain myself from commenting.

Shalamar

« Reply #15666 on: April 17, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »
When Cher won Best Actress for Moonstruck, my mother sniffed "She shouldn't have won. She's not an actress.  She's an ENTERTAINER."  This, from the woman who feels that Frank Sinatra was robbed because he never won any Oscars for movies like From Here to Eternity.

(Not knocking the Chairman of the Board's acting ability, but if he was worthy, I think Cher was, too.)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15667 on: April 17, 2014, 05:22:01 PM »
I also don't care how many times they have been married, to whom, how many children they have and so on.

I have a friend who is a total fan girl. She will drive overnight after working all day to see her current favorite and to spend one minute with them. That is her prerogative, but then she laments her lack of a personal relationship and today was posting how many children she wants to have. I restrain myself from commenting.

I'd love to meet Johnny Depp some day but alas, the only time he came to my state, I wasn't into him and didn't know it till after the movie came out that he'd been here. The movie was Crybaby, and heck, part of it was even filmed in the town I grew up in, at a small theme park not too far from where I lived, either.  Johnny wasn't in that part of the  movie so I don't think he was in my town, but still...he was in my state.

But anyway, I wouldn't go anywhere for any celebrity but I'd go to PA, WV or VA, even D.C. to try and meet him. A friend of  mine met him and said he's absolutely lovely.  Such a gentleman. :) A little girl asked him to talk like Captain Jack and he totally got into the character. <3
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15668 on: April 17, 2014, 05:55:08 PM »
I realized my MIL was completely out of touch with reality when she told everyone (seriously) how fat Brittney Spears was when performing on a morning television program.

At the time, Ms. Spears was a size 6 and lets just say MIL is not in great shape, so it seemed a bit off to me.

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #15669 on: April 17, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »
When Cher won Best Actress for Moonstruck, my mother sniffed "She shouldn't have won. She's not an actress.  She's an ENTERTAINER."  This, from the woman who feels that Frank Sinatra was robbed because he never won any Oscars for movies like From Here to Eternity.

(Not knocking the Chairman of the Board's acting ability, but if he was worthy, I think Cher was, too.)

Frank did win the Oscar that year, though!  Loved the film, book was even better.  He never won a Grammy, though, which is criminal. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15670 on: April 17, 2014, 06:13:05 PM »
I realized my MIL was completely out of touch with reality when she told everyone (seriously) how fat Brittney Spears was when performing on a morning television program.

At the time, Ms. Spears was a size 6 and lets just say MIL is not in great shape, so it seemed a bit off to me.

Makes me think of a guy I know who told his girlfriend she was fat and needed to lose weight when he was a good deal heavier than she was. 

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15671 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »
My DH dislikes many celebrities due to their political leanings. I have pointed out to him that I don't want them to be elected, but if they can sing or act, it makes no difference to me who they vote for!

I sometimes agree with your DH. There are certain celebrities that I will NOT pay money to. I feel their actions hurt others, so I don't watch their shows. But I don't try to get others to agree with me.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #15672 on: April 17, 2014, 09:34:50 PM »
Gravity. Ok, it drove me into a wall, not up a wall. But still...

By the way, did you know that if you trip and hit your heat quite near the inside corner of a wall, you will ricochet and hit the other wall, getting identical goose eggs on both sides of your head?

Shalamar

« Reply #15673 on: April 18, 2014, 01:19:25 PM »
Frank did win

Oops, you're right!   The point is still valid, though.   I think the difference was that my mum adored Frank but didn't like Cher.

The MIL making fun of Britney Spears reminds me of the story my boss had about her SIL.   Boss and SIL went to Vegas, and SIL kept snickering and making audible nasty comments about "all the fat cows" she saw.   SIL is well over 300 pounds.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15674 on: April 18, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »
Panicky drivers. In the rain. That suddenly brake, with nothing in front of them, next to them, or anywhere near them.

This is Florida, it rains. Deal with it.