News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 24, 2018, 01:41:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5499945 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15480 on: April 17, 2014, 03:05:25 PM »
My DH dislikes many celebrities due to their political leanings. I have pointed out to him that I don't want them to be elected, but if they can sing or act, it makes no difference to me who they vote for!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15481 on: April 17, 2014, 03:20:31 PM »
Likewise, when some folks I know IRL will whine "entertainers shouldn't spout off about politics!" but the second an entertainer starts agreeing with their own views, they will pump their fist and agree with them.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

« Reply #15482 on: April 17, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »
I also don't care how many times they have been married, to whom, how many children they have and so on.

I have a friend who is a total fan girl. She will drive overnight after working all day to see her current favorite and to spend one minute with them. That is her prerogative, but then she laments her lack of a personal relationship and today was posting how many children she wants to have. I restrain myself from commenting.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15483 on: April 17, 2014, 04:22:01 PM »
I also don't care how many times they have been married, to whom, how many children they have and so on.

I have a friend who is a total fan girl. She will drive overnight after working all day to see her current favorite and to spend one minute with them. That is her prerogative, but then she laments her lack of a personal relationship and today was posting how many children she wants to have. I restrain myself from commenting.

I'd love to meet Johnny Depp some day but alas, the only time he came to my state, I wasn't into him and didn't know it till after the movie came out that he'd been here. The movie was Crybaby, and heck, part of it was even filmed in the town I grew up in, at a small theme park not too far from where I lived, either.  Johnny wasn't in that part of the  movie so I don't think he was in my town, but still...he was in my state.

But anyway, I wouldn't go anywhere for any celebrity but I'd go to PA, WV or VA, even D.C. to try and meet him. A friend of  mine met him and said he's absolutely lovely.  Such a gentleman. :) A little girl asked him to talk like Captain Jack and he totally got into the character. <3
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

ladyknight1

« Reply #15484 on: April 17, 2014, 04:55:08 PM »
I realized my MIL was completely out of touch with reality when she told everyone (seriously) how fat Brittney Spears was when performing on a morning television program.

At the time, Ms. Spears was a size 6 and lets just say MIL is not in great shape, so it seemed a bit off to me.
-J.R.R Tolkien

Lorelei_Evil

« Reply #15485 on: April 17, 2014, 04:59:36 PM »
When Cher won Best Actress for Moonstruck, my mother sniffed "She shouldn't have won. She's not an actress.  She's an ENTERTAINER."  This, from the woman who feels that Frank Sinatra was robbed because he never won any Oscars for movies like From Here to Eternity.

(Not knocking the Chairman of the Board's acting ability, but if he was worthy, I think Cher was, too.)

Frank did win the Oscar that year, though!  Loved the film, book was even better.  He never won a Grammy, though, which is criminal. 

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15486 on: April 17, 2014, 05:13:05 PM »
I realized my MIL was completely out of touch with reality when she told everyone (seriously) how fat Brittney Spears was when performing on a morning television program.

At the time, Ms. Spears was a size 6 and lets just say MIL is not in great shape, so it seemed a bit off to me.

Makes me think of a guy I know who told his girlfriend she was fat and needed to lose weight when he was a good deal heavier than she was. 

kherbert05

• Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15487 on: April 17, 2014, 05:38:17 PM »
My DH dislikes many celebrities due to their political leanings. I have pointed out to him that I don't want them to be elected, but if they can sing or act, it makes no difference to me who they vote for!

I sometimes agree with your DH. There are certain celebrities that I will NOT pay money to. I feel their actions hurt others, so I don't watch their shows. But I don't try to get others to agree with me.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

lady_disdain

• Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #15488 on: April 17, 2014, 08:34:50 PM »
Gravity. Ok, it drove me into a wall, not up a wall. But still...

By the way, did you know that if you trip and hit your heat quite near the inside corner of a wall, you will ricochet and hit the other wall, getting identical goose eggs on both sides of your head?

ladyknight1

« Reply #15489 on: April 18, 2014, 04:50:45 PM »
Panicky drivers. In the rain. That suddenly brake, with nothing in front of them, next to them, or anywhere near them.

This is Florida, it rains. Deal with it.
-J.R.R Tolkien

nuit93

« Reply #15490 on: April 18, 2014, 05:15:31 PM »
Panicky drivers. In the rain. That suddenly brake, with nothing in front of them, next to them, or anywhere near them.

This is Florida, it rains. Deal with it.

Sounds like Seattle :)

BigBadBetty

« Reply #15491 on: April 18, 2014, 08:23:59 PM »
My mom not understanding the difference between mobile data and wifi.  Whenever I try to explain it she just gets angry.

My boyfriend's parents have the same problem. We have the conversation every few months. The data cap is pretty small for the mobile data. They want to stream movies over their TV. We have to explain why that is bad idea.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15492 on: April 18, 2014, 10:17:09 PM »
When someone at work changes a password, doesn't tell anyone, and is then surprised when other people (like me) ask WHY he didn't tell anyone.  "I didn't know that you use it!"  Our operations guys use that password to download a very important file very day, sport, and you cost me two hours of my precious time while I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.

I'll hold his legs and you can swing the bat. >:D

I would like to add people who take a family member with dementia out in a T-shirt and adult diaper. Not so big a deal if they're sitting in a wheelchair, but this man was walking around. I'm well aware it can be difficult to get someone dressed when they don't want to cooperate, but at least put a robe on him or wrap something around his waist rather than let him walk around in chilly weather dressed like an infant! When I saw that this morning, all I thought about was how horrified that man would be were his mind all there.
Who is the Doctor?

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #15493 on: April 19, 2014, 03:10:37 AM »
The sound of snoring.  More specifically, the sound of snoring during the day.

Housemate snores.  I can handle it overnight when she's in the next room.  Once I'm asleep, I usually sleep like a log.

But she gets up early when her puppy needs to go out, and camps out on the lounge rather than going back to bed.  She then lies there, eyes closed, snoring up a storm.

I have told her, many times, 'just go back to bed'.  Oh no, she is awake, she knows she's snoring, but she is awake...  Yeah.

On Sunday it was bad enough to rattle the windows.  I was sitting in the lounge chair next to the lounge, having my morning coffee.  It had been going on for nearly two hours at this stage.  It was enough... I went out and took some frustration out on the garden - things needed pruning anyway.  Still she insists she's awake.  I told her if she's awake and breathing like that, she needs to see a doctor!

Film her. The Good Ethnic Boy wouldn't believe he snored until I recorded him.  >:D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Tosca

« Reply #15494 on: April 19, 2014, 05:43:40 AM »
The expression "reached out to", especially in a media setting.  You don't "reach out to" someone for a comment, you CONTACT them.