News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 25, 2018, 10:08:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 5503861 times)

Carotte

Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15630 on: April 27, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »
When my SO admonish me because I was so bold as putting his important papers he left all over the place in one or two select locations (stuff all over: in a big, open, metal box near his computer) stuff on his desk (all vertical between the computer screen and the speaker) he knows about.

Well excuse me Honey to have the gall to live here, do 99% of all housechores, not wanting to live in a pigsty, and not thinking all over the place (dinning room table/couch) are appropriate places to leave important documents for more than 24H.
And since I haven't had a desk to call mine here to sometimes wanting to use yours, yes, the one who is at 97% covered in things, that I have to somehow clear up to use.
And the XY papers you're upset I put against your computer and you had to "look" for them? I put them there 3 months ago, they probably weren't that important. And no, I don't believe you when you say "but I would have ended up putting them away!". Yes, 3 months for now.  ::)

And that old speaker set you left in the middle of the (tiny, narrow) hallway and yet had no idea what to do with it (put on the curb with a note (they work), post on freecycle, call a friend) a month ago, and still hasn't realized isn't there anymore (one week)? Well I wont tell you where they are... (because they're hidden in plain view in your closet). 
 >:(

Sorry, had to vent, virtual cookies for everyone.

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #15631 on: April 27, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »
When I spend $$ for theater tickets, and the woman who sits down in front of me has Big Hair.  Honestly, lady, do you really want your head to have the general shape and size of a pumpkin?  I had to lean the whole show, because Ms. Pumpkinhead would have blocked my view of the entire stage. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Venus193

• Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15632 on: April 28, 2014, 05:47:00 AM »
Or the person in front of me is taller.  I buy season tickets to the Metropolitan Opera and when this happens I get mad enough to chew neutronium.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15633 on: April 28, 2014, 09:24:11 AM »
It's allergy time and everyone around me is sneezing, coughing, sniffling, hacking away non-stop, and I'm about to lose my freakin' mind.  :o

kckgirl

« Reply #15634 on: April 28, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
It's allergy time and everyone around me is sneezing, coughing, sniffling, hacking away non-stop, and I'm about to lose my freakin' mind.  :o

Just remember that it's not fun for any of the sneezers, coughers, and hackers. My allergies are so bad this year that the allergy medicine that has always worked is only making things a little better.

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15635 on: April 28, 2014, 09:45:13 AM »
Trying to load music from CD's to my amazon playlist and it's not recognizing them, probably cause I originally bought them from iTunes.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

PastryGoddess

« Reply #15636 on: April 28, 2014, 09:50:37 AM »

Just remember that it's not fun for any of the sneezers, coughers, and hackers. My allergies are so bad this year that the allergy medicine that has always worked is only making things a little better.

Indeed.  It's miserable, I can't breathe, sleep, taste, or see anything.

In fact this year is supposed to be extra awful due to the long winter we've had.  I have an appt with my allergist next week to go back on prescription allergy meds for the spring and summer.  I haven't needed prescription meds since I finished my allergy shots in 2010.

Margo

« Reply #15637 on: April 28, 2014, 09:56:59 AM »
Many parents who show up to schools around here do so in pj pants, dirty tshirts and no bras (for the ladies) or lewd t-shirts on the men.  One guy picked up his kid while wearing a shirt that said "I like (nickname for cat that also is used for private part) like a fat kid likes cake".  Really, dude, really? At an elementary school?

Are they volunteering at the school? I can see having a dress code for parents who are going to working in school (including volunteers) but if they are simply picking up of dropping off I'd see as being akin to going out anywhere else in public - I wouldn't expect them to wear something different to pick the child up from school than to go to he local shop (I personally wouldn't do either in PJs, but I don't see one as being inherently different to the other..)

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #15638 on: April 28, 2014, 10:17:52 AM »

Indeed.  It's miserable, I can't breathe, sleep, taste, or see anything.

In fact this year is supposed to be extra awful due to the long winter we've had.  I have an appt with my allergist next week to go back on prescription allergy meds for the spring and summer.  I haven't needed prescription meds since I finished my allergy shots in 2010.

It was someone on this forum who posted the joke that the allergies are so bad this year that the meth cookers are turning the meth back into Sudafed.

(((Hugs))) for all you allergy sufferers.  I'm not too bad, yet (crossing fingers and knocking on wood).
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

alkira6

« Reply #15639 on: April 28, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »
Many parents who show up to schools around here do so in pj pants, dirty tshirts and no bras (for the ladies) or lewd t-shirts on the men.  One guy picked up his kid while wearing a shirt that said "I like (nickname for cat that also is used for private part) like a fat kid likes cake".  Really, dude, really? At an elementary school?

Are they volunteering at the school? I can see having a dress code for parents who are going to working in school (including volunteers) but if they are simply picking up of dropping off I'd see as being akin to going out anywhere else in public - I wouldn't expect them to wear something different to pick the child up from school than to go to he local shop (I personally wouldn't do either in PJs, but I don't see one as being inherently different to the other..)

I actually don't care about the pj's - wouldn't do it myself, but hey, whatever.  I would object to the lewd/obscene slogans. 

Piratelvr1121

« Reply #15640 on: April 28, 2014, 10:53:15 AM »
No, not volunteering, and while I wouldn't wear pj's myself unless I was just dropping the child off via car and didn't expect to have to get out of the car and was feeling like carp, I do think it's in rather poor taste to pick up a child at an elementary school while wearing a lewd shirt.

Heck I have one Van Halen tshirt with "Van Halen Kicks (alternate word for Donkey)" on the back and even though the two S's are supplemented with characters I won't wear it around kids without a hoodie to hide the back of the shirt.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

siamesecat2965

« Reply #15641 on: April 28, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
My computer at work. It ahs gotten increasingly slower, taking forever to open things, documents, websites etc., and I see the "blue spinning circle of death" more often than I'd like to! Very frustrating when you need to multitask like i do, opening various docs and programs at any given moment.

our help desk is less than that, and due to security restrictions, I can't clean up or do anything like that myself. since I'm not an admin.

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #15642 on: April 28, 2014, 12:25:09 PM »
Post earrings with butterfly backings. I never buy them and everyone I know knows not to get them for me. They cause me nothing but trouble in both putting an earring on and keeping it in my earlobe. Either I don't tighten them enough and lose both the backing and the earring, or I require the jaws of life to remove them. They never slip on and off easily and I envy people who can manage it. So it drives me up the wall to see a beautiful pair of post earrings at the store and turn them over to see those stupid butterfly backings!
Who is the Doctor?

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #15643 on: April 28, 2014, 12:27:02 PM »
Post earrings with butterfly backings. I never buy them and everyone I know knows not to get them for me. They cause me nothing but trouble in both putting an earring on and keeping it in my earlobe. Either I don't tighten them enough and lose both the backing and the earring, or I require the jaws of life to remove them. They never slip on and off easily and I envy people who can manage it. So it drives me up the wall to see a beautiful pair of post earrings at the store and turn them over to see those stupid butterfly backings!

Depending on how much you like the earrings and how expensive they are, you could ask them to swap out the posts with the type that have a screw on back.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #15644 on: April 28, 2014, 12:39:38 PM »
Being blamed (or at least being held accountable) for things over which I have zero control. 

FIL is on a super strict diet, ate something he's not supposed to have and is now mad at me because it was in the house in the first place.  So I guess we're all supposed to be on this ultra restrictive diet.  We have modified our own diets to an extent but darn it, my kids like to get a cookie in their lunch and I should be able to have them on hand.  (I had them up in a really high cupboard and put away.  He must have seen me getting into them and found the hidey hole.)

One of my bosses turned in expenses minus some $$ receipts.  And it's my fault that I can't magically produce said receipts.  And while I do try to get what I can, I can't get receipts that were paid in cash.  He's grumpy and complaining now because he's not going to get reimbursed.  ALL MY FAULT people.