Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1648500 times)

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15810 on: April 25, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »
I leave this for everyone who has issues with being short! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAoJPC_22bg

Current wall-driving annoyance: When patients tell me they feel fine, but complain that this and that hurts to visiting family.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15811 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:41 PM »
We went to dinner at a local Japanese steakhouse and wanted to have hibachi. There were two women waiting at the hostess stand, and we were all taken to the table together.

In come the two boyfriends and they were very drunk. They kept drinking, dropping F-bombs in loud conversation and ordering a lot of extra food, which was a little unusual due to the large portions. More drinking went on during the meal, one of the men was calling the Japanese chef 'Paisan' constantly, and then complaining that he didn't get enough food.

At the end of the meal, both of the guys were complaining about the check being so high. Filet, shrimp, salmon, edamame, appetizers, alcohol and extra orders of soup and shrimp will be expensive.

I really do not enjoy being around drunks.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #15812 on: April 25, 2014, 09:18:50 PM »
Current wall-driving annoyance: When patients tell me they feel fine, but complain that this and that hurts to visiting family.
My 90-year-old father is in a nursing home in another city.  Often when he has a medical complaint (sometimes serious, like bleeding), he writes to me about it rather than telling the staff or my sister who visits him often. Then it's up to me to alert my sister and let her drag the information out of him.

As for LOL . . . back in the dark ages, some people wrote "ha!" or drew a smiley face after just about every sentence they wrote.  At least technology makes impossible to draw a heart above an "i" instead of dotting it.
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

Betelnut

« Reply #15813 on: April 26, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »
Spending hours working on a complex Sudoku puzzle (Hyper-Windoku) and ending up having made a mistake somewhere.  Oh well, on to the next one.
"And thus the whirligig of time brings in his
revenges." -- Feste, Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare.

Native Texan, Marylander currently

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #15814 on: April 26, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »
When I get notification that something has "shipped" and it's really just a notification that the company I bought the something from has printed out a label.  I've had things take up to three days AFTER that point to actually get in the mail and it drives me bonkers! 

Allyson

« Reply #15815 on: April 26, 2014, 01:01:26 PM »
When I say something irrationally annoys me, like a particular word use or behaviour of someone at work. Then someone feels the need to finger-wag at me about how "there's nothing wrong with people doing that, you shouldn't be irritated by it." Yes, that's why I said *irrationally* annoyed. I am not going to say/do anything about the situation, it's just a minor vent about an uncontrollable emotional reaction. I don't need a lecture about compassion and tolerance, really!

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #15816 on: April 26, 2014, 01:55:11 PM »
The day before yesterday I bought a new skirt. It wasn't expensive or anything (got it on clearance) but it fit perfectly, didn't need to be ironed, was very comfortable, and coordinated with about six tops I already own. So yay!

I wore it for the first time yesterday. When I got home from work, I opened my gate and as it swung open, I heard a riiiiiiip noise. A sharp wire on the gate had caught in my new skirt and as the gate swung open, it ripped a hole near the bottom of it.  :'(

If I lived near you, I'd sit down w/ you and the selection of ribbons & trims available, and see what we could come up with to apply all the way around that skirt (and maybe on the waistband, to complement it) to cover it up.

I was just this weekend telling a little cousin-learning-to-sew about the time I snipped a piece of fabric right out of the skirt I'd just painstakingly constructed. It was close to the bottom, just above the ruffle. I ended up sewing a wide ribbon/skinny lace/narrow ribbon trim around it, and it looked phenomenal!

But my sympathies. That stinks.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #15817 on: April 26, 2014, 02:44:31 PM »
I know this is a stereotype, but men who don't understand women's sizes and toss out numbers like they do. A female friend of mine was talking about how one of her friends was a US size 8 in pants and the guy with us was like "Wow, yeah, that's getting on up there, size-wise. Pretty big."  ::) Or the guys who are like "Any girl over 150 pounds is a 'bigger' girl to me." At that weight and with a low body fat I'm about a US 4, thanks.

This is one of the things that will make me stop reading a story or book.  Some of the descriptions of women are just...nonsensical.  5'7" and 105 lbs does not lend itself to being curvy, statuesque, or large-chested!  I mean, I guess in some circumstances it could be, but not generally. 

I am 5'7", curvy, and large-chested...I weigh 155lbs.  I would look downright sickly at 105.

My best friend in high school was 5'10" and weighed 110 pounds.  She said if it wasn't for her sister being such an accomplished seamstress and was close to her build she'd have been naked, because it was almost impossible for her to buy clothes off the rack that were suited for a teenager.  Now, 35 years later, she weighs 160 and looks much healthier.   

Carotte

« Reply #15818 on: April 27, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »
When my SO admonish me because I was so bold as putting his important papers he left all over the place in one or two select locations (stuff all over: in a big, open, metal box near his computer) stuff on his desk (all vertical between the computer screen and the speaker) he knows about.

Well excuse me Honey to have the gall to live here, do 99% of all housechores, not wanting to live in a pigsty, and not thinking all over the place (dinning room table/couch) are appropriate places to leave important documents for more than 24H.
And since I haven't had a desk to call mine here to sometimes wanting to use yours, yes, the one who is at 97% covered in things, that I have to somehow clear up to use.
And the XY papers you're upset I put against your computer and you had to "look" for them? I put them there 3 months ago, they probably weren't that important. And no, I don't believe you when you say "but I would have ended up putting them away!". Yes, 3 months for now.  ::)

And that old speaker set you left in the middle of the (tiny, narrow) hallway and yet had no idea what to do with it (put on the curb with a note (they work), post on freecycle, call a friend) a month ago, and still hasn't realized isn't there anymore (one week)? Well I wont tell you where they are... (because they're hidden in plain view in your closet). 
 >:(

Sorry, had to vent, virtual cookies for everyone.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15819 on: April 27, 2014, 11:50:14 PM »
When I spend $$ for theater tickets, and the woman who sits down in front of me has Big Hair.  Honestly, lady, do you really want your head to have the general shape and size of a pumpkin?  I had to lean the whole show, because Ms. Pumpkinhead would have blocked my view of the entire stage. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #15820 on: April 28, 2014, 06:47:00 AM »
Or the person in front of me is taller.  I buy season tickets to the Metropolitan Opera and when this happens I get mad enough to chew neutronium.

Miss Misery

• Humanity is overrated.
« Reply #15821 on: April 28, 2014, 10:24:11 AM »
It's allergy time and everyone around me is sneezing, coughing, sniffling, hacking away non-stop, and I'm about to lose my freakin' mind.  :o

kckgirl

« Reply #15822 on: April 28, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
It's allergy time and everyone around me is sneezing, coughing, sniffling, hacking away non-stop, and I'm about to lose my freakin' mind.  :o

Just remember that it's not fun for any of the sneezers, coughers, and hackers. My allergies are so bad this year that the allergy medicine that has always worked is only making things a little better.
Maryland

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15823 on: April 28, 2014, 10:45:13 AM »
Trying to load music from CD's to my amazon playlist and it's not recognizing them, probably cause I originally bought them from iTunes.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #15824 on: April 28, 2014, 10:50:37 AM »

Just remember that it's not fun for any of the sneezers, coughers, and hackers. My allergies are so bad this year that the allergy medicine that has always worked is only making things a little better.

Indeed.  It's miserable, I can't breathe, sleep, taste, or see anything.

In fact this year is supposed to be extra awful due to the long winter we've had.  I have an appt with my allergist next week to go back on prescription allergy meds for the spring and summer.  I haven't needed prescription meds since I finished my allergy shots in 2010.