Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1734049 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #15945 on: May 06, 2014, 06:48:23 AM »
Add me to that one.  Also the fact that replacing a lost or damaged remote for something other than your cable box is stupidly expensive.

Cherry91

« Reply #15946 on: May 06, 2014, 07:41:23 AM »
When everyone has an opinion on what you should be doing, and they're going to make darn sure you hear it, whether you asked for it or no.

And then everyone's advice contradicts each other's, so no matter what you do, someone's going to get huffy that you're "ungrateful".

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #15947 on: May 06, 2014, 08:09:15 AM »
 >:(  When I am trying to lose weight and a colleague brings in a million chocolate treats.

MINT CLUB BISCUITS. How could he?
CHOCOLATE ROCKY BISCUITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My weakness.
Cadbury's Crunchie.
Keep. Me. Away.

*Sips low cal cup a soup and stews resentment*
Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15948 on: May 06, 2014, 09:10:16 AM »
We're getting estimates for fences, as we have a chain link but as our neighbors have been pitching stuff like rocks into our pond with fish in it, and people tend to pitch trash from the dairy into our yard as they pass, we're looking to get a 6' privacy fence.  We have neighbors who have majorly SS kids that they don't even bother to control and when we were looking at types of fences, I really was wanting a type with a lattice top cause it just had a pretty look to it but the guy giving us the quote basically said "Well with neighbors like what you're describing you really are best off getting the plainest looking fence we have because it won't invite vandalism"  :P

So basically we can't seem to have anything nice because otherwise we're asking for vandalism.  We're not going with that company, though that isn't the only reason, as they are also quite pricey.  Granted the company is good and their fences are made to last but a budget is a budget.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #15949 on: May 06, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
Add me to that one.  Also the fact that replacing a lost or damaged remote for something other than your cable box is stupidly expensive.

If we had to replace our cable remote, it'd run us $75. I put that firmly in "stupidly expensive".

nayberry

« Reply #15950 on: May 06, 2014, 12:44:21 PM »

If we had to replace our cable remote, it'd run us $75. I put that firmly in "stupidly expensive".

makes me glad i can get a remote for our satellite from the supermarket for 20,

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15951 on: May 06, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
On the subject of cable, the amount that your cable/phone/internet goes up once you're "intro deal" has expired. When I moved where I am, i got triple play with the cable co. as at that time, that was all that was available. FIOS eventually became available too, but I kept procrastinating, even though my monthly rate had jumped from just over $110 to close to $200. And nothing had changed.

Finally made the switch, and got a fabulous 2 year deal. Which recently expired. They tried to get me to renew (which I was all for as I despise the cable co) for an additional $40. Um no, just no. Sorry. So I called, and we went back and forth. They first tried to tell me well, the offer you had was for an intro, blah blah blah. I get that but you're now asking me to pay this much more, and I'm getting absolutely nothing in return. they then tried the tactic of "well you're still getting some things for less than "normal" Ok, but again, I'm not getting anything in return.

We finally met in the middle, after I agreed to another 2 year contract, at $20 more. I was quite proud of myself. I get things go up, BUT please don't try and tell me how great your service is, while raising my bill 40%+, and giving me nothing in return.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #15952 on: May 06, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »
Two things are driving me crazy right now.

The university has started it's spring planting and the fertilizer they use is made with fish scales.  Right now half the university smells like warm fish.  :P :o >:(

I keep a small (1 oz) tube of L'Occitan lavender hand creme in my desk.  It was about half full when I went on medical leave.  When I returned, the tube was almost flat!  I suspect the temp was using it.  I wouldn't minded if she used a little, but that small tube costs nearly $15 and I can't get it on a regular basis.  She would have had to go rumaging through my desk drawer to find it so it's not like it was out in the open.

Figgie

« Reply #15953 on: May 06, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »
For those of you with missing remotes, my spouse downloaded an App for his smartphone that turns it into a remote control for the television.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #15954 on: May 06, 2014, 06:49:41 PM »
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 operates as a remote for the television, cable box and DVD player.

Dr. F.

« Reply #15955 on: May 06, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
Dying, washing, and extra-conditioning my hair, then taking the dogs to the dog park. Then, while chasing the dogs around, getting my hair covered in pine sap.

mmswm

« Reply #15956 on: May 06, 2014, 08:30:04 PM »
For those of you with missing remotes, my spouse downloaded an App for his smartphone that turns it into a remote control for the television.

Before I moved, I had apps on my iPhone that worked for the TV, U-Verse box,  DVD/Blue ray player, AppleTV and Roku.  I never had to worry about lost remotes. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #15957 on: May 06, 2014, 08:30:50 PM »
I use the DVPRemote for Roku on my IPad It lets me type in searches without that going up and down alphabet with a button.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Betelnut

« Reply #15958 on: May 06, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
Carpet.  Gaw, I hate it!  Tonight I stepped on a blackberry that had fallen on the floor.  More stains for an already very stained carpet--that was professionally steam cleaned about 6 months ago.  I wish I could afford to replace it with hardwood or even laminate!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #15959 on: May 07, 2014, 10:28:53 AM »

I keep a small (1 oz) tube of L'Occitan lavender hand creme in my desk.  It was about half full when I went on medical leave.  When I returned, the tube was almost flat!  I suspect the temp was using it.  I wouldn't minded if she used a little, but that small tube costs nearly $15 and I can't get it on a regular basis.  She would have had to go rumaging through my desk drawer to find it so it's not like it was out in the open.

That would annoy me as well! I use one from BBW "Look Ma, New Hands" at $12 a tube, and if  came back and found it almost gone, I'd be ticked.