Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1697839 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #16815 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
POD except since it is your MIL your DH needs to tell his parents this Plus they either cook before X or after Y the time between x and Y is the time you get home and cook.

This idea actually drives me nuts.  If I have a problem with something my FIL or MIL are doing, I'm going to tell them myself rather than foist that off on LadyTango.  If LadyTango has a problem with something a member of my family is doing, she can tell them herself.  We're both adults and neither of us need the other's permission to speak up about a problem.

Honestly I agree 100% with you here.   There were times in the past when DH would try to get me to tell my folks something and I'd tell him to do it since he was the one with the issue and he'd say "But they're your parents!"  ::)

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Adelaide

« Reply #16816 on: July 13, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »
I hate when people gripe about so-and-so calling in the middle of the night and waking them up. If you leave your phone on, you're asking for it, be it an accidental pocket-dial or a call from a more nocturnal friend. I can understand if you leave your phone on for emergency purposes, but if it's on it could ring.

Emmy

« Reply #16817 on: July 13, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
DD1 has red hair.  DH and I both have brown hair, although mine does have reddish highlights in the sun.  I like when people compliment the hair, but I always grit my teeth when they ask where she gets it.  I hear that question all the time and it gets tiresome answering it so often.  I know it is a minor thing, but it does drive me up a wall.

I hate sizing inconsistencies as well, including vanity sizing.  I know wearing something labeled two sizes smaller than I am doesn't mean I am smaller, but the clothing is cut bigger.

Shalamar

« Reply #16818 on: July 13, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
Cousin refuses to admit that he hasn't had/heard of something, so he'll order what he thinks will make him look cool, and generally not like it. 

Hee hee, I remember going through a pretentious phase and ordering a Manhattan in a bar instead of my favorite cocktail.   I thought I'd look cool and sophisticated.   I'm sure that the faces I pulled were reeeeeally sophisticated.    :)

No offense meant to anyone who likes them - I was used to sweet drinks like Screwdrivers or Singapore Slings, and I wasn't prepared for how a Manhattan tastes.

nayberry

« Reply #16819 on: July 13, 2014, 05:19:19 PM »
POD except since it is your MIL your DH needs to tell his parents this Plus they either cook before X or after Y the time between x and Y is the time you get home and cook.

This idea actually drives me nuts.  If I have a problem with something my FIL or MIL are doing, I'm going to tell them myself rather than foist that off on LadyTango.  If LadyTango has a problem with something a member of my family is doing, she can tell them herself.  We're both adults and neither of us need the other's permission to speak up about a problem.

Honestly I agree 100% with you here.   There were times in the past when DH would try to get me to tell my folks something and I'd tell him to do it since he was the one with the issue and he'd say "But they're your parents!"  ::)

for things like "please ask them to not get me xyz for b'day/christmas if they ask" i'll do,  but i am beyond fed up of being the go between.  i'll get messages asking if hubs wants sthg, ask him!!!!!  just because we are in the same house doesn't mean you can't ask him directly, especially on food related things. 

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #16820 on: July 13, 2014, 06:59:43 PM »
It drives me up the wall when people don't believe that crafting takes energy, and concentration.  When I tell you that I was so focused and into making my soap that I was sweating from the exertion, that is not the time to say, "Oh, that's just silly!  I mean, it's not like you're doing anything important or energetic!".  Especially when it was a complicated 4 color, 4 layer soap with micas "painted" on top.  >:(

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #16821 on: July 13, 2014, 07:24:29 PM »
DD1 has red hair.  DH and I both have brown hair, although mine does have reddish highlights in the sun.  I like when people compliment the hair, but I always grit my teeth when they ask where she gets it.  I hear that question all the time and it gets tiresome answering it so often.  I know it is a minor thing, but it does drive me up a wall.

I hate sizing inconsistencies as well, including vanity sizing.  I know wearing something labeled two sizes smaller than I am doesn't mean I am smaller, but the clothing is cut bigger.

I have heard that about several cousins and my nephew who is more strawberry blond. We have 2 standard responses
1. Recessive genes they bring out all sorts of surprises
2. Viking Raiders

Do it dead pan and it takes the wind right out the nasty gossip's sails.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16822 on: July 13, 2014, 07:26:42 PM »
It drives me up the wall when people don't believe that crafting takes energy, and concentration.  When I tell you that I was so focused and into making my soap that I was sweating from the exertion, that is not the time to say, "Oh, that's just silly!  I mean, it's not like you're doing anything important or energetic!".  Especially when it was a complicated 4 color, 4 layer soap with micas "painted" on top.  >:(
Crafting = hobby = not work = effortless.  Also takes no time at all.  "Oh, I want a sweater just like this one, but in purple and gold. You can make that by Thursday, right?" Lots more grumbling on this thread.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16823 on: July 13, 2014, 09:01:29 PM »
When a friend posts a controversial topic on a social media page, but then deletes it when others post comments. That is very immature IMO.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #16824 on: July 13, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
When a friend posts a controversial topic on a social media page, but then deletes it when others post comments. That is very immature IMO.

It depends on the comments.  If they are a thoughtful and considered discussion on both sides, then yeah, immature.  However, if they are inflammatory and/or volatile then I can understand deleting the post. Most of my facebook friends don't know each other or they only know a few other people.  I'm not going to be the catalyst for strangers virtually yelling at one another.  That's what anonymous internet forums are for :D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #16825 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:12 PM »
^They were thoughtful and well written, but didn't agree with the original poster. So, after three people debating, with well-written posts, the original poster deleted the post. Sigh.

TeamBhakta

« Reply #16826 on: July 13, 2014, 11:12:11 PM »
I pulled up an actor's listing on IMDB. And got a gross surprise. You know the eyeball ad for the movie Strain ? The one that was removed from billboards for being disgusting ? There was a supersized version of that over there, on the side of the page. And it was still showing up when I went back! Can they not do that, geez

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #16827 on: July 14, 2014, 12:04:47 AM »
I pulled up an actor's listing on IMDB. And got a gross surprise. You know the eyeball ad for the movie Strain ? The one that was removed from billboards for being disgusting ? There was a supersized version of that over there, on the side of the page. And it was still showing up when I went back! Can they not do that, geez
I know I can't find a way to make a complaint about the ad. The good thing is the show starts tonight. Hopefully it will bomb and we won't be subject to the adds any more. Usually I would be watching it because I'm a fan of horror but that ad crossed the line and is the reason I will not watch the show.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

gmatoy

« Reply #16828 on: July 14, 2014, 12:19:33 AM »

This reminds me of a time when my mother was unhappy with something that DH had done.  She expected me to tell him. I said that, if it made her unhappy, she should talk to him. She didn't and neither did I.

Later she said something about if I had talked to him and I said no, it wasn't my problem. I knew why he had  done what he did and that he had a good reason for it, so I knew if she talked to him, she wouldn't be upset. She never did talk to him. Not my problem.

nuit93

« Reply #16829 on: July 14, 2014, 11:52:01 AM »
Similar issues with the company that provides our polos for work. I have one XXL that fits perfectly, two that don't fit at all and two 4XL that are exactly the same as the first XXL. Why did they suddenly change sizes? Makes no sense.

That's why I gave up and started just looking for companies that provide finished garment measurements.  Gives me a better idea of how things will fit.