Author Topic: At the home show  (Read 3452 times)

Carnation

• Super Hero!
At the home show
« on: March 27, 2010, 09:56:00 PM »
I attended the home show (builder's expo) today.   This one booth had these little gel filled packs that heated when you pushed on this little metal disk.   I made the mistake of picking one up.  The salesman was a bit over enthusiastic.   He showed me how they heated up.  He picked up the larger sized one and put it on the back of my neck.  This was way out of my comfort zone.   I am not a touchy feely person at all.

He went to wrap the darn thing around my leg and I said "No thanks".   At the same time, I thought of all of you.    At least he gave up at that point.

Honestly, who thinks a female wants some strange man wrapping something around their leg?

Namárië

Re: At the home show
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 09:58:44 PM »
D:

Cripes! That is so unbelievably inappropriate! What was he thinking!?

Good for you not telling him off!
Competence is a trap!
I mostly don't make stuff, but sometimes I do: http://initiationcreation.blogspot.com

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »
Honestly, I thought it was a good product and was thinking of buying one before he caused me to flee.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »
I have one of these and I love it! ;D

But holy cow... some people just dont think!

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »
Honestly, I thought it was a good product and was thinking of buying one before he caused me to flee.
Good product, warning, don't let the pet eat it. it's made from sodium Acetate.

Yes, Red Dog is fine, he threw it up straight away, and got an OK from the vet. Silly Pup

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Minmom3

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 04:24:53 PM »
I attended the home show (builder's expo) today.   This one booth had these little gel filled packs that heated when you pushed on this little metal disk.   I made the mistake of picking one up.  The salesman was a bit over enthusiastic.   He showed me how they heated up.  He picked up the larger sized one and put it on the back of my neck.  This was way out of my comfort zone.   I am not a touchy feely person at all.

He went to wrap the darn thing around my leg and I said "No thanks".   At the same time, I thought of all of you.    At least he gave up at that point.

Honestly, who thinks a female wants some strange man wrapping something around their leg?

Heh.  My best friend and I went to a flower and garden show last week, and there was a lotion vendor who snagged her hand, and was having All Kinds of Fun rubbing it in her hand...  Me, I stayed back in the middle of the aisle, out of reach and said No Thanks to them...
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »

The last time, after a brief social greeting, I was contacted like that, the vendor got backhanded by me.

He did not prosecute. My hand and wrist only hurt for a couple of hours.