Author Topic: Help with stroller  (Read 1251 times)

lecach

Help with stroller
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:48:52 PM »
My DH had to go to Baltimore for work this past weekend. So DS (2.5) and I tagged along. Free hotel, right in Inner Harbor (all the museums and such). To get from place to place DS and I took the water taxi a lot. Problem was I had to fold down his stroller each time. It's not easy to fold down or pop back up. I struggled time and time again. One time I was the last one to get off at a particular stop although the boat was still crowded - many people walked by as I struggled. I was trying to open the stroller and keep DS from getting off the boat. Finally a lady stood up and said "I will get the stroller, you get your son - he's the most important" and she opened the stroller and carried it off for me. I was so touched. And really couldn't believe that NO one else had offered a hand.

Another time I came out of the shopping area and realized there was no ramp, only lots of steps. Two teenage boys carried the stroller down all those steps - DS was in it and they were so careful.

Im not helpless, but sometimes we all need a little help. I always help those that seem to be struggling but I will make an extra effort to notice those people from now on.

Ashe311

Re: Help with stroller
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 03:29:24 PM »
I totally agree with you.  Once, I was with my DD entering a store whose door did not readily open.  It was a struggle for me to keep the door open and to push the stroller in.  Several employees were standing there watching me struggle, yet none of them lifted a finger to help me.  Eventually a nice gentleman (another customer) ran over from the other side of the store to keep the door open for me. 

Small random acts of kindness can mean a lot!