Author Topic: Rude responses to travel plans/regional superiority  (Read 17584 times)

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
Re: Rude responses to travel plans/regional superiority
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2010, 06:19:54 PM »
I'm from Wisconsin. I get the same reaction when I tell people I love Wisconsin..

I don't know what part of the state you're from, but I've been to Madison and the surrounding area twice and absolutely LOVED it.  :)
Madison is nice, but Milwaukee is great too!  Lots of museums and the lake.  Plus Summerfest, State fair and a summer full of festivals of every kind!

I grew up near Milwaukee, went to college in Eau Claire, and now live in Madison. They are all wonderful cities, for very different reasons.

DF and I live in Chicago, and we're planning to honeymoon in New Glarus, WI.  We've wanted to go for awhile, and since nobody's offered to sponsor two weeks in the Bahamas (;)), we figured it was the perfect opportunity.  We're both looking forward to eating a lot of cheese, drinking a lot of Spotted Cow, and exploring the town.  It hasn't really come up in conversation yet, but I'm curious about what sort of reactions we'll get, though I expect my family to disappoint me by being completely supportive. ;)

Bethczar

« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
I'm from Wisconsin. I get the same reaction when I tell people I love Wisconsin..

I don't know what part of the state you're from, but I've been to Madison and the surrounding area twice and absolutely LOVED it.  :)
Madison is nice, but Milwaukee is great too!  Lots of museums and the lake.  Plus Summerfest, State fair and a summer full of festivals of every kind!
I grew up near Milwaukee, went to college in Eau Claire, and now live in Madison. They are all wonderful cities, for very different reasons.

DF and I live in Chicago, and we're planning to honeymoon in New Glarus, WI.  We've wanted to go for awhile, and since nobody's offered to sponsor two weeks in the Bahamas (;)), we figured it was the perfect opportunity.  We're both looking forward to eating a lot of cheese, drinking a lot of Spotted Cow, and exploring the town.  It hasn't really come up in conversation yet, but I'm curious about what sort of reactions we'll get, though I expect my family to disappoint me by being completely supportive. ;)
New Glarus is fun! Lots of little shops to peak through. Stay at the Chalet Landhaus Inn - it's beautiful.

RainhaDoTexugo

• got married!
  • Super Hero!
  • Tatum!
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »
That's where we were planning on staying :)  There aren't a lot of choices, and it looked cute and convenient.  I'm glad to get a good review from someone I "know."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
Maryland is very pretty!

Depends on which part you visit.  IMO, Central MD (around 29 and 95)  aren't as pretty cause they're getting more and more built up.  But as you go towards the mountains on 70 (where I am) or on 50 towards the beach, it gets prettier. 

BFF said that our area reminded her of Dubuque, IA or Galena, IL.  And when we were passing farms on the Eastern Shore on our way to OC, she said "I feel like I'm back in Iowa!" LOL!   DH teased her that she should move there...best of both worlds!   Feel like she's still home in Iowa but she'd be closer to the beach! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata