Author Topic: Gentleman Friend just bean-dipped me  (Read 3830 times)

Giggity

• Super Hero!
Gentleman Friend just bean-dipped me
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:55 PM »
Not in a bad way ... here's what happened. We were discussing a grocery store run (to go now, or to go later?), and I said something about putting cheese on the list, since we were low, unless he'd squirreled some away where I couldn't see it.

He said, "Squirrel? I never do that. I don't know where you got that idea. I'm not a squirrel! And speaking of squirrels -" Then he caught himself, and said, "This is not a bean dip, but ..." and proceeded to tell me a story about Luke (our hefty kitten who thinks he's a squirrel) and two squirrels on the balcony.

Then we resumed the cheese topic, since on that particular heading I am not to be deflected.

So beware ... the bean dip, it migrates!
Words mean things.

Boots

Re: Gentleman Friend just bean-dipped me
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 01:34:12 PM »
Is he an E-Hellion?  How does he know the bean dip phrase and rule?

On a side note - I squirrel away the "good" cheese so my kids and husband don't eat it all.  (Meaning I bury it in the crisper drawer)

But that is pretty funny!

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:19:58 PM »
He's not One Of Us - he's just been bean-dipped by me, and seen me do it to others, so he knows the lingo. (He also knows that if I get all torqued up about something political, all he has to say to derail me is, "So, how 'bout them bean dip?", which makes me giggle.)

I totally hide the good cheese. If I don't, it'll end up grated in something no one can appreciate its full beauty in!
Words mean things.

MDefarge

• Formerly known as Irishone
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 01:23:53 PM »
Is he an E-Hellion?  How does he know the bean dip phrase and rule?

It's surprising how many posters SO's know what bean dipping, etc are.  My boyfriend isn't on the site but he reads over my shoulder/we discuss posts enough that he knows what bean dipping is.

Juana - good call on hiding the cheese, I do that with all sorts of stuff (mostly sweets) or it will all be gone before I get any!