Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 5099576 times)

blueyzca01

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #28245 on: Yesterday at 02:41:18 PM »
^^ Well, I've always used this phrase to describe a really good-looking man:  "I'd totally let him eat crackers in bed." 

Which means that I'd endure a few cracker crumbs between the sheets because he is just so dreamy.
No one ever says, "Why me?!?!" when something good happens.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28246 on: Yesterday at 02:45:32 PM »
^^ Well, I've always used this phrase to describe a really good-looking man:  "I'd totally let him eat crackers in bed." 

Which means that I'd endure a few cracker crumbs between the sheets because he is just so dreamy.

The one I've heard and use is similar:  'I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers'.  I said that to the cashier once when I was buying a Keith Urban CD.  She'd never heard the expression and thought it was hilarious.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #28247 on: Yesterday at 02:53:42 PM »
Last week, I went to a museum exhibit of actual costumes form Downton Abbey. It is a wonderful exhibit, even more so for serious fans. It's also wildly popular and rather crowded.

There was a group of three women who were definitely in the serious fan category. They stationed themselves right in front of each display and loudly (and I mean loudly) rehashed the plot of every scene in which a particular costume was used. A polite "excuse me, I'm having trouble reading that sign" would result in them moving aside by a foot or two --blocking the exhibit for someone else. I still can't figure out how they managed to coincide their lectures with each display I was viewing, but they did.

P. S., if you like Downton (or if you just have an interest in costume) & can get to Delaware, it's a must-see. The exhibit will not be going on tour.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #28248 on: Yesterday at 03:47:42 PM »

If he's that dream - we would have to move to the floor to have more room  ;)

tinkytinky

« Reply #28249 on: Yesterday at 03:50:13 PM »

If he's that dream - we would have to move to the floor to have more room  ;)

You take your cracker-eating a lot more seriously than I do..... ;)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

TeamBhakta

« Reply #28250 on: Yesterday at 04:21:29 PM »
I was in the left lane of a two lane road. Coming down the right lane was a line of a cars, a semi truck and another line of cars. SS driving behind the semi cuts out of the left lane, drives head on towards me and then darts in front of the semi  :o He's lucky to not be a giant metal paperweight right now

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #28251 on: Yesterday at 04:57:11 PM »
Last week, I went to a museum exhibit of actual costumes form Downton Abbey. It is a wonderful exhibit, even more so for serious fans. It's also wildly popular and rather crowded.

There was a group of three women who were definitely in the serious fan category. They stationed themselves right in front of each display and loudly (and I mean loudly) rehashed the plot of every scene in which a particular costume was used. A polite "excuse me, I'm having trouble reading that sign" would result in them moving aside by a foot or two --blocking the exhibit for someone else. I still can't figure out how they managed to coincide their lectures with each display I was viewing, but they did.

P. S., if you like Downton (or if you just have an interest in costume) & can get to Delaware, it's a must-see. The exhibit will not be going on tour.

I went a couple of weeks ago.  I don't even like Downton, but I love costumes

kckgirl

« Reply #28252 on: Yesterday at 05:27:32 PM »

Ok, ladies...how much time should I allot for this exhibit? I live nearby, so I don't have to factor in travel.
Maryland

Bobbie

« Reply #28253 on: Yesterday at 05:43:48 PM »
I was in the left lane of a two lane road. Coming down the right lane was a line of a cars, a semi truck and another line of cars. SS driving behind the semi cuts out of the left lane, drives head on towards me and then darts in front of the semi  :o He's lucky to not be a giant metal paperweight right now

We witnessed a similar incident.  The roadway was a two lane road that is 65 mph.  A little red car passed us like we were standing still, very fast.  We saw him do it to the car ahead of us.  This road does have turns and on one he passed another car and almost hit a semi-truck head-on. It was terrifying and I know it scared the reckless driver because we passed him. He was pulled over on the side of the road throwing up.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:56:31 PM by Bobbie »

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #28254 on: Yesterday at 07:45:30 PM »

We witnessed a similar incident.  The roadway was a two lane road that is 65 mph.  A little red car passed us like we were standing still, very fast.  We saw him do it to the car ahead of us.  This road does have turns and on one he passed another car and also hit a semi-truck head-on. It was terrifying and I know it scared the reckless driver because we passed him. He was pulled over on the side of the road throwing up.

I am going to assume that the word in Italics should read "almost", since the reckless driver survived to have his reaction on the side of the road after realizing how close he came to being crunched?

Yeah - I remember a "safety campaign" for dangerous driving - the vehicles were parked in a location where everyone who worked there had to drive by them coming & going into the "campus".  After about the sixth vehicle, apparently the powers that be realized that they had numbed everyone to the horror...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:48:44 PM by VorFemme »
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

TeamBhakta

« Reply #28255 on: Yesterday at 08:32:43 PM »
Yeah - I remember a "safety campaign" for dangerous driving - the vehicles were parked in a location where everyone who worked there had to drive by them coming & going into the "campus".  After about the sixth vehicle, apparently the powers that be realized that they had numbed everyone to the horror...

My hs used to do that for Drunk Driving Awareness every year. Like in your case, the only impact was "oh look, there's that thing they bring out every year." I remember randomly laughing in my head about the "gone fishing" sticker on the wrecked car's bumper, followed by "that wasn't very nice, why did I do that ?" And I'm not normally someone to laugh at drunk driving. My late grandfather caused a fatal drunk driving accident decades ago, after all. But yeah, it's not a great long term solution to bad driving or drunk driving.

Reika

« Reply #28256 on: Yesterday at 09:14:23 PM »
My outstanding SS from today was the idiot jogger I encountered on my to work.

The reason why I call her an idiot is that not only was she jogging in the middle of the road when there was a perfectly good sidewalk she could have been on, but she was going with the flow of traffic so she wouldn't see anything coming up on her and she was wearing earplugs so she couldn't hear anyone coming.

She was wearing a bright green shirt, but with the way the sun was shining, she actually blended in the background.

Thankfully, I did see some sort of motion as I was coming up on her. So I managed to swerve around her. She stopped dead where she was, still in the middle of the road, and gaped in surprise at at the fact I was there.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #28257 on: Yesterday at 10:11:19 PM »

Ok, ladies...how much time should I allot for this exhibit? I live nearby, so I don't have to factor in travel.

I spent about 3 hours there, but got hungry.