News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 06, 2016, 08:00:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 332223 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #2640 on: May 02, 2016, 03:36:40 AM »
Dear Morty and Salem

The new lounge is black.  You are both black.  If you insist on hogging seats I can pretty much guarantee that at some stage you will be sat on.

So, unless you want to be a Flat Cat, I'd suggest rethinking the whole lounge-hogging scenario.

Much love
the potential kitty squasher
Dear kitty-squasher,

Get white throws.

Love, Morty and Salem

P.S. From another sometime cat-squasher: This isn't one you're going to win. When sat on, they get pointy at all ends.

MissRose

« Reply #2641 on: May 02, 2016, 06:03:54 AM »
Dear Leah (my friend's orange kitty),

My legs are not a scratching post nor like it when you try to dig your claws in my skin.  Don't look offended when I put you on the floor near the actual scratching post that is much harder.

Meow to you,

MissRose

Twik

« Reply #2642 on: May 02, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
Dear Spencer,

Doing taxes is a necessary evil. It's not helped by having you walk across the keyboard when I'm entering my slips, and trying to chew up my T4.

Can I at least claim you as a dependent?

Love, the Billpayer
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Chipmunky

« Reply #2643 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:06 AM »
Dear Mopsy,

You've seen the crib for the homin kitten multiple times over the past three months or so.  Why is it suddenly so interesting less than a month before she arrives?

No, I will not apologize for yelling and pulling you out of it before chasing you from the room. Glare at me all you want - you have lap spaces, you have space on Mommy and Daddy's bed (especially all day when we aren't there), you have an entire sectional, multiple chairs, and all the carpet and tile in the house to lay in/on. Hoomin Kitten's bed is completely off limits. Do it again, and you will be completely banned from the room even when Daddy and I are in there with Hoomin Kitten.

You've been warned.

Love,

Mommy

(She jumped in while I watched. An immediate yell of her name and "NO" resulted in a "I know I'm being bad/in trouble" posture and mew. I had to physically remove her as she wouldn't budge, followed by more "NOs" and her running out of the room. Since that brief come to diety moment, she won't even LOOK at the crib, but I'm taking no chances)

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
« Reply #2644 on: May 03, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »
Dear Mopsy,

You've seen the crib for the homin kitten multiple times over the past three months or so.  Why is it suddenly so interesting less than a month before she arrives?

No, I will not apologize for yelling and pulling you out of it before chasing you from the room. Glare at me all you want - you have lap spaces, you have space on Mommy and Daddy's bed (especially all day when we aren't there), you have an entire sectional, multiple chairs, and all the carpet and tile in the house to lay in/on. Hoomin Kitten's bed is completely off limits. Do it again, and you will be completely banned from the room even when Daddy and I are in there with Hoomin Kitten.

You've been warned.

Love,

Mommy

(She jumped in while I watched. An immediate yell of her name and "NO" resulted in a "I know I'm being bad/in trouble" posture and mew. I had to physically remove her as she wouldn't budge, followed by more "NOs" and her running out of the room. Since that brief come to diety moment, she won't even LOOK at the crib, but I'm taking no chances)
Our Maya knows she isn't allowed in any of the bedrooms,  but she'll sneak into Baby Delphinium@s room while I hold the door open(Baby is 15 months and prefers to walk in herself). So these days I let Baby Delphinium corner Maya under supervision.

Maya suddenly isn't interested in the bedroom when there are little hands about.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #2645 on: Yesterday at 02:09:56 AM »
Dear Oddy

I had hoped you'd make your debut in this thread for something cute-but-dumb, but no.

No.

You had to get in (note: in, not on) the bed with me at 4am and then, at 4:20am, hork up a hairball.

The getting in part I can deal with - in fact you've got me pretty well trained that, at this point, you don't even really wake me up with the request to lift the blankets so you can get in. The hairball, however, is a new addition - and one that should, under no circumstances, be repeated. I had to go and finish my night's rest on the couch downstairs - and it's only a two-seater.

And, just as a matter of interest, what on earth were you doing in the middle of the bed?! I know I'd rolled over to the other side, but even without the hairball, you'd have been in trouble when I inevitably rolled back...

Yours, grumpily and stiffly,

She who will turn you into mittens if you do this again

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #2646 on: Today at 06:37:57 AM »
Dear Stephen,

Okay, the smell from the litter tray is awful, and you've obviously not been a well kitty. The fact you're both sitting with your noses to the open back door says a lot. I'll clear it when I can get to it, because right now I just sneaked in, holding my breath, opened all the windows, and dived out with my eyes streaming. I just lit a candle to encourage a bit of airflow and try and cover the smell.

It burned BLUE. What on earth have you been eating?

Regards,
Mum.