Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1641771 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #17235 on: Yesterday at 01:20:52 PM »
Work related: People who are so impatient about food related events that they whine and cry like toddlers. You know when you arrive at work, eat breakfast and then there is a lunch planned. Bring a snack so you aren't a raging fury when the food is put out for everyone. It makes me not want to participate in group lunches. And these people are in their 40s - 60s.

On campus yesterday a few times, I noticed two new fashion trends.
Trend one: Harem pants and or jumpsuits. Skin tight just above the knees and down, and loose above the knees with dangling hip pockets. Even on the very fit young women wearing them, they were extremely unattractive.

Trend two: Lace shorts. Some of the lace shorts aren't lined, so you know exactly what the wearer has under them. I'd like to smack the designer that created them.

Desdemona

« Reply #17236 on: Yesterday at 01:51:43 PM »
Job searching  and the fact that apparently entry level is no longer a thing! I graduated law school in May and I knew the market wasn't great but I was thinking there would be some jobs available that wanted fewer than five years of experience but apparently not in the area I want to go into.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #17237 on: Yesterday at 03:35:43 PM »
Work related: People who are so impatient about food related events that they whine and cry like toddlers. You know when you arrive at work, eat breakfast and then there is a lunch planned. Bring a snack so you aren't a raging fury when the food is put out for everyone. It makes me not want to participate in group lunches. And these people are in their 40s - 60s.

On campus yesterday a few times, I noticed two new fashion trends.
Trend one: Harem pants and or jumpsuits. Skin tight just above the knees and down, and loose above the knees with dangling hip pockets. Even on the very fit young women wearing them, they were extremely unattractive.

SnarkyDiane would have been tempted to run up to them and shout "STOP!  Hammertime!"
I would have been sorely tempted to, even outside the snark.

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #17238 on: Yesterday at 04:26:16 PM »
It's 90F out right now. I can't stand seeing teenagers wearing hoodies and sweatshirts. It makes me sweat just thinking about it! (I'm aware this is quite petty, which is why I never say it aloud to anyone and am posting here instead.)

During the school year I understand why kids do this. School buildings can often be very cool to cold. I usually have Loren and Brett bring a 2nd layer if we are going to be inside a commercial building part of the day.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #17239 on: Yesterday at 05:58:47 PM »
I'm exactly six feet tall.  Why does that bug me?  Because that put every doorknob in the house *exactly* at waist level... perfect for snagging pockets, apron strings, and belts.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17240 on: Yesterday at 07:12:30 PM »
I'm exactly six feet tall.  Why does that bug me?  Because that put every doorknob in the house *exactly* at waist level... perfect for snagging pockets, apron strings, and belts.

It's a conspiracy :D

andi

« Reply #17241 on: Yesterday at 07:15:27 PM »
I see girls in teeny tiny shorts and midriff tanks wearing beanies and uggs.  Drives me bonkers!

POD!!!  I saw a woman in a bikini amd Uggs the other day.  :o

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #17242 on: Yesterday at 07:16:34 PM »
I see girls in teeny tiny shorts and midriff tanks wearing beanies and uggs.  Drives me bonkers!

Now that's an interesting sight. Geesh.  :o

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

andi

« Reply #17243 on: Yesterday at 07:23:29 PM »

Now that's an interesting sight. Geesh.  :o

It was  actually rather scary - the bikini didn't fit very well

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17244 on: Yesterday at 11:03:44 PM »
to quote that Geico commercial "That's not how that works, that's now how any of this works"

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #17245 on: Today at 10:22:28 AM »
to quote that Geico commercial "That's not how that works, that's now how any of this works"

Esurance commercial, actually. :) Have you seen the one with the guy photocopying his face?
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch!