News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• July 02, 2016, 05:05:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I need new sheets, give me advice please!  (Read 1242 times)

oogyda

Re: I need new sheets, give me advice please!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 07:38:39 AM »
I'm really liking my Fieldcrest (brand name) 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets that I found at Target.

Besides the fact that they are cotton, they are also "thick" and very sturdy.  I like them so much, I got some for the guest beds as well. 

One funny thing I noticed about them is that there are labels sewn into the elastic casing on the fitted sheet that indicate "top or bottom"  and "side". 
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

TootsNYC

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:02:38 AM »
My daughter has two sets of satin-stripe Wamsutte high-thread-count sheets.

They accordion-fold by 3 inches on each side when they're washed and dried.
Never again with the satin stripe.

Oogyda, I love that "top or bottom"/"side" label, especially for queen sheets! What at time-saver. I may have to go buy them!

TootsNYC

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »
We had sateen for years and while we loved the feel, they didn't last long at all.  Then we switched to Egyptian cotton Percale (I think they're 400TC).  They're still smooth but they're more crisp and much cooler to sleep on.  They've lasted a lot longer than any of the sateens.  I love them!  The only negative is that they seem to wrinkle a little more but I'm okay with that due to the cool, smooth feel and durability.

I love percale! I love the crisp and cool feeling. But they're hard to find. The Martha Stewart sheets at Macy's had a good crispness that lasted through several washes.

stargazer

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »
I like the jersey knit sheets. Like sleeping in an old comfy t-shirt.

This.  I love these.  Comfy right off the bat.

oogyda

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2016, 01:16:39 PM »
My daughter has two sets of satin-stripe Wamsutte high-thread-count sheets.

They accordion-fold by 3 inches on each side when they're washed and dried.
Never again with the satin stripe.

Oogyda, I love that "top or bottom"/"side" label, especially for queen sheets! What at time-saver. I may have to go buy them!

It's even more helpful with king size! 
The first set I bought were on clearance and don't have the labels.  3 months later, I got another set for our bed that had the labels.  When I bought the ones for the guest beds, they had the labels.  I guess that's the new model?
It's not what we gather along the way that matters.  It's what we scatter.

Peppergirl

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2016, 01:44:20 PM »
I'm really liking my Fieldcrest (brand name) 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton sheets that I found at Target.

Besides the fact that they are cotton, they are also "thick" and very sturdy.  I like them so much, I got some for the guest beds as well. 

One funny thing I noticed about them is that there are labels sewn into the elastic casing on the fitted sheet that indicate "top or bottom"  and "side".

Arghhh! I'm so bummed. These were on clearance at my local Target this past weekend and I didn't buy a set.  >:(

crazycatlady331

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2016, 06:51:50 PM »
Fitted sheets go threadbare for me so I've taken to buying them as separates as opposed to a set.   The last time I bought a fitted sheet, I bought Target's "Threshold" brand and was very impressed.  The price was good ($20? for full), and it has two sets of elastic to accommodate different depth mattresses.

Two years later, the quality is still holding up.

siamesecat2965

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2016, 09:16:46 AM »
I'm the oddball here in that I hate soft sheets. I love the old, scratchy cotton percale of the 50's and 60's. Sigh. I did manage, some years ago, to find some really nice ones similar at Kohls, I think Vera Wang. But the fitted sheets wore out and got soft from me sleeping on them. So I trashed them, and bought some that are just ok. As for flat sheets, I still have them, and my mom found me some on Etsy; brand new, in package, Lady Pepperall, crisp, white, and scratchy. Well, not really scratchy, but almost.

Still working on finding decent, but not that pricy fitted sheets like I like them.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2016, 10:11:35 AM »
Jersey sheets in the summer and flannel in the winter. I have a king size bed, so it can be difficult to find sheets in my price range and the quality I prefer.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien