News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 04, 2015, 07:25:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 1969582 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #19485 on: March 02, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
I have a set of data tables on one site and two online forms on another. Both are on sites managed by a university department that no longer wants to host them. The time has come to move them onto our server.

IT A: Can't you just combine the online forms?
Me: No, since one form is limited to A, B, C & D and the other is open to all.
IT B: Do you want to make changes?
Me: No, we already made changes to the form last fall, blah blah reasons.
IT C: Now is the time to make any changes.
Me: Thank you, but we don't want to make any changes.
IT B: Now is the time to make any changes.
Boss: We don't need to make any changes.

I bowed out at this point.

mlmama

« Reply #19486 on: March 02, 2015, 08:28:35 PM »
We cannot afford 9 dogs. We cannot afford 8 dogs. We cannot afford 7 dogs. We really can't afford any more dogs, SO. Please stop trying to keep ALL the puppies! ::) I have already promised them to people. Get over it and your angst of "Giving away Cujo's babies." Urgh. He's driving me crazy.

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19487 on: March 02, 2015, 08:55:08 PM »
We cannot afford 9 dogs. We cannot afford 8 dogs. We cannot afford 7 dogs. We really can't afford any more dogs, SO. Please stop trying to keep ALL the puppies! ::) I have already promised them to people. Get over it and your angst of "Giving away Cujo's babies." Urgh. He's driving me crazy.
Are these his first puppies?  Because I can guarantee that by the time the puppies are 8 weeks old and ready to leave their mother, Cujo will be happy to see them go to new homes.  She'll be heartily fed up with "Mom! Mom! MOM!  Lie down and feed us, Mom!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

mlmama

« Reply #19488 on: March 02, 2015, 09:30:42 PM »
No, this is her second litter. She's already tired of them. lol They latch on, she drags them around until they fall off.  ;D

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #19489 on: March 02, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
Missing seasons of shows on Netflix- specifically Season 3 of Black Mirror and Season 4 of classic The Twilight Zone.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #19490 on: Yesterday at 01:53:41 AM »
I've mentioned this before, but the parking my neighborhood.

We don't have driveways here, so it's all on-street parking.  I just went out and inspected the parking situation for M (my SO) on the drive home.  There are two spots (one iffy, one reserved) in two blocks in any direction from my front door.  This is maddening!  There's no way a person should have to cross two streets to get home from where they parked!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19491 on: Yesterday at 07:11:32 AM »
My DH drove the car last night taking DS to his meeting. DH took the car key with him when he went to work in his commercial truck. Grrr. I called him 6 times, left messages, sent a text message and he answered the 7th time. I love him.

BG: car only came with one key. It is $300 to get an additional one, so we haven't gotten one yet.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19492 on: Yesterday at 09:59:50 AM »
My DH drove the car last night taking DS to his meeting. DH took the car key with him when he went to work in his commercial truck. Grrr. I called him 6 times, left messages, sent a text message and he answered the 7th time. I love him.

BG: car only came with one key. It is $300 to get an additional one, so we haven't gotten one yet.

Well just "rats!" on your behalf.

However, thanks for the headsup to ask how many keys come with the next car we purchase. I had never heard of the one key thing, although I do know about the expense of smart keys. The manual to our car explains how to buy a generic smart key and program it to the car. Boy, this list is getting longer and longer.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19493 on: Yesterday at 10:13:38 AM »
Volkswagons come with two fob keys and a valet key. We bought a used one (2013), and it only had one key.

VW cars prior to 2010 could have the regular keys available at hardware stores programmed for them, but these have a RFID chip that deactivates the immobilize function of the car, so they can't be stolen unless taken on a flat bed truck.

Shalamar

« Reply #19494 on: Today at 11:19:59 AM »
My co-worker friend who has the cubicle next to me has a bad cold.  He was off for the last couple of days, and he's back today.  Why he came back, I have no idea - when I asked him how he was feeling, he groaned "Awful."  He keeps sniffling and coughing and making "Poor me" noises, and it's driving me batty.

(Our company's sick leave policy is excellent, so it's not like he'd run out of sick days.)

BeagleMommy

« Reply #19495 on: Today at 03:30:24 PM »
Somehow, some way, I managed to fracture the big toe on my left foot Monday afternoon.  I was wearing Uggs (not heels), dry pavement, didn't fall, didn't trip, wasn't running, and didn't even step off the curb.

Felt a pop in the toe and thought "Oh, this is not good".  Went to Urgent Care and got an X-ray and sure enough it was fractured.  Now I'm stuck wearing one of those lovely open-toed compression shoes in rotten weather.

The only good thing is that I can sit on my backside and whine to DH and DS that I need something.  ;D

Mergatroyd

« Reply #19496 on: Today at 04:00:50 PM »
My co-worker friend who has the cubicle next to me has a bad cold.  He was off for the last couple of days, and he's back today.  Why he came back, I have no idea - when I asked him how he was feeling, he groaned "Awful."  He keeps sniffling and coughing and making "Poor me" noises, and it's driving me batty.

(Our company's sick leave policy is excellent, so it's not like he'd run out of sick days.)

All the men in my life do this. My youngest sister does this too.

lilfox

« Reply #19497 on: Today at 05:00:15 PM »

All the men in my life do this. My youngest sister does this too.

I confess to doing this as well (sans "poor me" noises).  I had a series of colds for 3 weeks straight and stayed home during the worst of it, but if I burned through all my sick leave I would have been strapped if either of the kids had to stay home from school. I felt bad about showing up to work like that until I realized that at least half the people around me in the cube farm were coughing and sniffling just as often.  It seems to be the same rules as in daycare - if there are no fevers or gastro-intestinal problems, you show up.

Right now I'm on craft project inspiration overload.  I have about a dozen half-formed projects in my head and bookmarked on the computer, and I can't concentrate on any one of them long enough to sit down and work on it.  This is why I don't use Pinterest - if I did, I would have total craft paralysis.