News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 24, 2016, 10:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?  (Read 2890780 times)

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
Re: What little things drive you completely up the wall....?
« Reply #23775 on: Today at 10:49:15 AM »
There's an older woman I have known for years that is involved with an MLM.  She is constantly posting on Facebook about how if you don't "support" a friend who sells for one, then you're a horrible person for not supporting a "small business."  First of all, if you sell for an MLM you are not a "small business."  Second of all, if I'm going to buy vitamins or some type of supplement, I'd much prefer to go to a store that sells stuff that has been approved by the FDA, thank you.

Mild irritation, I know...

andi

« Reply #23776 on: Today at 10:51:24 AM »
When my family doesn't turn out the ,goths before leaving for the day. Got up and there were 4 sets of lights on, plus the AC hadn't been adjusted.

Alicia

« Reply #23777 on: Today at 11:04:10 AM »
When my family doesn't turn out the ,goths before leaving for the day. Got up and there were 4 sets of lights on, plus the AC hadn't been adjusted.
I am sure you meant turn out the lights but I appreciated the laugh of kicking a bunch of teenagers wearing black out of the house in the evening.

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #23778 on: Today at 11:43:48 AM »
My nieces and some of their friend were spending a chilly fall day at my house.  I took a short nap, and when I woke up, the house was quite cold.  There are five doors to the outside, and every one of the was wide open.

What little things drive me completely up the wall?  Children   :) :D ;D :P :-*
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #23779 on: Today at 12:16:18 PM »
This is the first week of classes, and the (adult) students that take courses in my building are driving the staff nuts.

So far:
Car accidents in the parking lot
Parking in no parking and restricted zones (there is plenty of parking for all of them, they just don't like to walk far)
Leaving litter and trash all over the place
Trashing the bathrooms and hallways

I just walked in the bathroom for my floor (no classrooms on this floor) and there were backpacks all over the floor in front of the sinks.  :o
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

magicdomino

« Reply #23780 on: Today at 12:56:19 PM »

I just walked in the bathroom for my floor (no classrooms on this floor) and there were backpacks all over the floor in front of the sinks.  :o

Were the owners in the stalls?  Not that I would put anything on the floor in a restroom, and there wasn't any real reason for them to be using that restroom unless the one on the classroom floor was out of order, but an abandoned backpack is lost property at best, and a suspcious package at worst. 

gmatoy

« Reply #23781 on: Today at 01:31:26 PM »
There's an older woman I have known for years that is involved with an MLM.  She is constantly posting on Facebook about how if you don't "support" a friend who sells for one, then you're a horrible person for not supporting a "small business."  First of all, if you sell for an MLM you are not a "small business."  Second of all, if I'm going to buy vitamins or some type of supplement, I'd much prefer to go to a store that sells stuff that has been approved by the FDA, thank you.

Mild irritation, I know...

Anyone who thinks I'm a horrible person...gets blocked. Why waste time with someone who doesn't respect you.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #23782 on: Today at 02:02:18 PM »

Were the owners in the stalls?  Not that I would put anything on the floor in a restroom, and there wasn't any real reason for them to be using that restroom unless the one on the classroom floor was out of order, but an abandoned backpack is lost property at best, and a suspcious package at worst.

I assume so. There are hooks on the doors of each stall as well.  ???
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

andi

« Reply #23783 on: Today at 09:19:15 PM »
I am sure you meant turn out the lights but I appreciated the laugh of kicking a bunch of teenagers wearing black out of the house in the evening.

LOL. Yes, it was supposed to be "lights". Goths don't bother me - I find most of them amusing (especially when they have no idea what Goth is)