News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 04, 2015, 06:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TV/Movie Homes You Want to Live In  (Read 2592 times)

Calypso

Re: TV/Movie Homes You Want to Live In
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2015, 03:03:56 AM »
Gaius Baltar's house on Caprica from the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. That incredible, serene view!

whatsanenigma

« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:38 AM »
As weird as this sounds, I'm actually thinking that the mansion from The Rocky Horror Picture Show would be nice to live in.  So many cool things in there - a pool, a fully equipped lab, a way to make people stick to the floor, all kinds of interesting stuff.  Also, the furnishings, etc., are very fancy and for a final touch, apparently the whole thing can be used as a mode of transportation.

Granted, I am not so sure I would care for the company very much.  But this thread is about houses from movies, not families from movies.  :)

P.S. If the present occupants would relocate but leave their wardrobes behind, that would  certainly be another bonus!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 09:16:12 AM »
Per my previous post, here is a view of a current series' drawing room:

Hillia

« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2015, 09:53:02 AM »
The Cleaver's house from Leave it to Beaver
The Conner's house in Roseanne
Paul and Jamie's apartment in Mad about You

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2015, 10:11:22 AM »
Jay and Gloria's house in Modern Family.

BigBadBetty

« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2015, 11:14:21 AM »
As weird as this sounds, I'm actually thinking that the mansion from The Rocky Horror Picture Show would be nice to live in.  So many cool things in there - a pool, a fully equipped lab, a way to make people stick to the floor, all kinds of interesting stuff.  Also, the furnishings, etc., are very fancy and for a final touch, apparently the whole thing can be used as a mode of transportation.

Granted, I am not so sure I would care for the company very much.  But this thread is about houses from movies, not families from movies.  :)

P.S. If the present occupants would relocate but leave their wardrobes behind, that would  certainly be another bonus!

It is a hotel now so "Why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?"

http://www.oakleycourt.co.uk/

whatsanenigma

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2015, 11:24:48 AM »

It is a hotel now so "Why don't you stay for the night? Or maybe a bite?"

http://www.oakleycourt.co.uk/

That's so cool.  I had no idea.  Thanks!

Yarnspinner

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2015, 01:47:02 PM »
Two more: 

I loved Caroline's apartment in "Caroline in the City".  Or maybe I just loved the idea of having Richard sitting on the other side of that wonderful writing desk.

The Charmed Sisters' house.  Love the porch.  Love all the rooms.  Love how it was perfectly grounded in the real world but hinted at magic.

Betelnut

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »
I just have to say this:  My friend was apartment hunting in Manhattan and actually got a showing of an apartment that was the building The Jeffersons "lived" in on the show (the one they show the outside of in the credits as the song lyrics sing about "Moving on up.") 

He totally geeked out on that!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Nuku

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2015, 04:26:04 PM »
Tenchi's house in Tenchi Muyo
The Addams Family house
The Charmed Ones house
Any house in the Shire (I love the idea of a house in a hill! And a second breakfast.)
Monroe and Rosalie's house in Grimm - I would also be happy living in Rosalie's shop
Poirot's apartment in the Agatha Christie's Poirot series
22b Baker Street in most classic Sherlock Holmes series - the study always seems so cozy! But it would have to come with Mrs. Hudson and her tea-bringing skills.

So, I like either super cozy or big and airy. Or potentially haunted. ;D

Susiqzer

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2015, 09:02:36 PM »
Lorelei Gilmore's house... But really anywhere in Stars Hollow would do. :)