News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 26, 2016, 09:49:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I've convinced myself  (Read 1350 times)

Devils Advocate

I've convinced myself
« on: May 10, 2016, 02:53:05 PM »
And I blame google.

For the past few days I have been having stomach cramps, muscle aches, and a low grade fever.  I am ten weeks to my third pregnancy.  I, however, have convinced myself (due to the recent recalls and google) that I have listera. 

I am sure I don't, but I will spend the money and time to get it checked out anyway.

Has anyone had experience with this?  What silly things have you convinced yourself of?

Take2

Re: I've convinced myself
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:32:32 PM »
I give myself the excuse of having hormones raging and being sleep deprived. But when my now 10yo DD was first born, her head was very small compared to her body (15th percentile). I let the internet convince me she had microcephaly for a few minutes, her father talked me down as she was quite clearly a healthy and typical newborn. I should have just been thanking her for having a small head for a more efficient and less painful birth. Her little brother was not as accommodating, his head circumference at birth was 95th percentile even though he was born 3 weeks early.

Kimberami

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 03:36:45 PM »
Embarrassing here, but I worried I might have multiple personalities.  I blame freshman psych classes and watching Sybil as a teenager.
Oh Rocky!

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 03:46:39 PM »
I'm female. Years ago, when I was about 19, I was watching a TV commercial, one of those infomercials to get you to call your Dr.

They asked a series of 10 questions. Things like:
-do you frequently wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom?
-do you often feel like you need to urinate?

At the end, I had answered yes to about 4 questions. And the narrator said "If you answered yes to 3 or more of these questions, you might have..."

And I was perched at the end of my seat. I was really worried about what I might have.
His answer...

"prostate cancer"

I knew I did not have prostate cancer as females do not have prostates. And I wondered how many men watching this commercial were totally freaking out thinking they have prostate cancer!

Years later, I found out I have a not rare genetic issue called interstitial cystitis and that's what causes my bladder to feel full all the time. After many expensive tests and failed medications with side-effects, I've found an herbal supplement for about $10 on Amazon that I take daily with water that gets rid of my problems with no side-effects.

But I still remember being so worried for a few seconds before the man said "prostate cancer."

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 09:36:47 PM »
OP, when you post the same topic after the original one has disappeared, perhaps it was inappropriate and removed.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

Sorry, this topic is locked. Only admins and moderators can reply.