Author Topic: S/O of Television ownership thread - So how do you get your news  (Read 54 times)

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
I was surprised to find so many of us do not own a television.  as  child of the fifties to quote another poster, I did not grow up with a TV and never really got into the habit of watching.  So instead I get my news from the two daily papers I read and the radio.  I listen to a national no advert station (called National Radio!) which gives a full in-depth news service plus current affairs programmes.  Oh and I read the BBC news on the computer. 

So where do you get your news from.

perpetua

The BBC News website.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
I've got RSS feeds from various news websites, but primarily from the internet, and also the ABC24 hour news channel here in Australia.
Most of the news I get is either on my iPad, through the RSS reader, or from the internet. On the weekends I sometimes read newspapers, but most of what is published in a newspaper I've already read the day/evening before online.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

HorseFreak

I have a TV, but rarely watch the news. I get most of mine on the way to work via NPR.

BigBadBetty

I have a TV, but I don't get my news from there. I read online versions of newspapers: New York Times, Washington Post, my local paper and a paper from the nearby big city. I also get some articles that friends send links to. I also read the online version of TV stations: national NBC, my local CBS station and local NBC. I read occasionally from NPR, BBC, the Guardian, SFGate, the Atlantic, etc. I love reading news online.

Mergatroyd

News sites. (CBC, BBC, Global)

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
I check several news sites every day- CNN, MSN, Yahoo, AJC, and the two local newspapers.

I also have the local newspaper on my feed on Facebook.
I have pet mice!