A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Your own personal mysteries.

(1/477) > >>

Carnation:
While we've covered what happened to Baby Azaria, etc, how about a discussion of our own personal most-likely-never-solved mysteries.

Here's mine:

I had the same mailman for years and years (at 3 different addresses!), until I finally moved a couple of blocks away from his route.   

Five or six years later, I was at the grocery store and ran into him.  He told me that, a couple years ago, someone sent a huge envelope full of who-knows-what to my old address.

Of course, by the time my change of address form had long expired.  He had no choice but to return it to the sender.

He went on and on about how "impressive" it was.  Since it had been a couple years, he didn't recall anything about the postmark or return address, except that it looked "personal".

What was in it? 

Who was it from?

Obviously the sender didn't know I moved, so why send me something all of a sudden?  I only lived at that address for 18 months, so it would have to be someone from that time frame.

So many questions.

Dazi:
Where did all my Thank you notes from my wedding disappear too? 

My DH and I sat down and wrote them all over a weekend about a month out from our wedding.  We were together when I dropped them off at the post office drop box.  We both remember doing it.

Not one person got a thank you note. 

I didn't find out about until 6 years later when a friend mentioned that she would have really liked to have gotten some of the pictures from our wedding.  Well, I had put some in her thank you note...when I mentioned that she told me she never got one.  I discreetly inquired and found out not one single person received their thank you notes.

I wonder were they ended up? The reining theory is that post office drop box is a portal to another dimension  ;D

SiotehCat:
Years and years ago, my partner and I were staying at my mothers house. She did a bunch of grocery shopping one night, and in that, she had bought a big jar of pickles. That same night, I stayed up extra late doing a Where's Waldo? book. The next morning, the pickles were gone.

For years, it has been thought that I ate those pickles. It only makes sense. However, I did not eat those pickles. Nobody will confess.

I would like to know who took those pickles.

Dazi:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on May 15, 2010, 08:36:39 AM ---Years and years ago, my partner and I were staying at my mothers house. She did a bunch of grocery shopping one night, and in that, she had bought a big jar of pickles. That same night, I stayed up extra late doing a Where's Waldo? book. The next morning, the pickles were gone.

For years, it has been thought that I ate those pickles. It only makes sense. However, I did not eat those pickles. Nobody will confess.

I would like to know who took those pickles.

--- End quote ---

Was there actually an empty jar found?  My first thought was that the jar didn't get put in the bag or fell out in the trunk.  I have had that happen several times.

Also, I have a story of the disappearing yogurt.  I kept fussing at my DH because I thought he was eating extra portions of it.  He swore it wasn't him eating it.  One morning I woke up to mystery substance on me....yeap, it was yogurt.  I sleepwalk...turns out I was sleep eating.  I guess it could have been worse than yogurt.  :-\

Why is it when you look for <insert object of your choice> for days, weeks or months and finally give up and purchase a replacement, that you suddenly find <object>?  It is infuriating.

MeeLee:
Years ago, a guy left me a message on my answering machine asking me out. No clue who he was. He called again and my room mate answered the phone and then I never heard from him again. Have no clue who he was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version