Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 274900 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #2115 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:42 AM »
Here is a great one I just learned about.  My friend, Leanne, lost her dad in August.   :(  He had been sick with COPD for a long time, yet his death was still unexpected, and it hit my Leanne, her mom, her sister, and her niece really hard.  They have all been just having the hardest time without Mario around, and his loss is felt deeply.  There are weeks in which her mom can barely still get out of bed.  So yeah, very rough on them, emotionally.

However...since about 2 weeks after he died, my friend and her mom have been finding these 2-sided angel coins they had never seen before, in places where they had definitely not been before, (if that makes any sense.)  The first time happened when my friend took a bunch of coins to the Coinstar machine about 2 weeks after Mario died.  She checked the slot beneath the Coinstar before feeding the coins in there, and it was empty.  She also did this after she got her slip and was finished, and it was still empty.  However, something made her check again, and there was the first of the angel coins, a gold colored one.  The second, they found a few days later, as her mom was cleaning out the closet in their master bedroom.  She found what she thought to be a 50 cent piece, as she did not have her glasses on.  However, when my friend came home, she looked at it, and it was a silver colored angel coin.  The third one, I forget how they found it, but the fourth one is really amazing!  They found it in a little basket Mario used to keep by his side of the bed, which he used to hold scissors, clippers, lip balm, etc.  My friend told me they go in there all the time to grab clippers, etc., and then all of a sudden last week, another angel coin was sitting in there.

I had never heard of this phenomenon before, but she told me she had looked it up, and most of the coins are distributed by a mission in Alabama that helps the poor.  People who have lost loved ones have reported finding them in random places, just as is happening to Leanne and her family.  I think it's so cool!  We are hoping they will become a comfort to her mom, because almost six months down the line, she is still having so much sadness and difficulty.  She showed me the first one, from the coinstar, but she said there are several different varieties.  Has anyone else heard tell of this?

Some years ago, a CW's youngest son died very unexpectedly.  Though the son was a few years younger than I, we did know each other and at one point worked with one another.  She went into a severe, severe depression.  She was having a hard time coping with life in general.

Nearly a year after his death, Jake came to visit me in a dream.  Well a few dreams...he was having some contact issues with being a new ghost and all...there's a learning curve I suppose. When he was alive, he thought that bit about ghosts talking to me was a bunch of nonsense, so it took him awhile to come around to trying to contact me.

He gave me a message for his mother and stressed that I really had to convince her he was still around and that he was doing great. He was terrified that she was going to harm herself to try to be with him. I finally got some time to tell her about this and she thought I was nuts at first.  Then I told her about the pennies and feathers Jake was giving her. He used to collect pennies and feathers when he was a little boy and give them to her (I can't say much about this oddity because mine was rocks). She had been finding them everywhere, but couldn't figure where they kept coming from.  Also there was the crazy light flickering.  She had called out 2 or 3 electricians because her bathroom light was being psychotic and none of them could find anything wrong with it. 

He had been trying really hard to get her attention, but in her grief, she just wasn't seeing it.  Keep in mind she had told no one about the pennies and feathers.  It brought her comfort that her son was still around and was watching out for her.  She finally started to live again.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

emwithme

« Reply #2116 on: January 30, 2014, 10:25:40 AM »
Here is a great one I just learned about.  My friend, Leanne, lost her dad in August.   :(  He had been sick with COPD for a long time, yet his death was still unexpected, and it hit my Leanne, her mom, her sister, and her niece really hard.  They have all been just having the hardest time without Mario around, and his loss is felt deeply.  There are weeks in which her mom can barely still get out of bed.  So yeah, very rough on them, emotionally.

However...since about 2 weeks after he died, my friend and her mom have been finding these 2-sided angel coins they had never seen before, in places where they had definitely not been before, (if that makes any sense.)  The first time happened when my friend took a bunch of coins to the Coinstar machine about 2 weeks after Mario died.  She checked the slot beneath the Coinstar before feeding the coins in there, and it was empty.  She also did this after she got her slip and was finished, and it was still empty.  However, something made her check again, and there was the first of the angel coins, a gold colored one.  The second, they found a few days later, as her mom was cleaning out the closet in their master bedroom.  She found what she thought to be a 50 cent piece, as she did not have her glasses on.  However, when my friend came home, she looked at it, and it was a silver colored angel coin.  The third one, I forget how they found it, but the fourth one is really amazing!  They found it in a little basket Mario used to keep by his side of the bed, which he used to hold scissors, clippers, lip balm, etc.  My friend told me they go in there all the time to grab clippers, etc., and then all of a sudden last week, another angel coin was sitting in there.

I had never heard of this phenomenon before, but she told me she had looked it up, and most of the coins are distributed by a mission in Alabama that helps the poor.  People who have lost loved ones have reported finding them in random places, just as is happening to Leanne and her family.  I think it's so cool!  We are hoping they will become a comfort to her mom, because almost six months down the line, she is still having so much sadness and difficulty.  She showed me the first one, from the coinstar, but she said there are several different varieties.  Has anyone else heard tell of this?

Some years ago, a CW's youngest son died very unexpectedly.  Though the son was a few years younger than I, we did know each other and at one point worked with one another.  She went into a severe, severe depression.  She was having a hard time coping with life in general.

Nearly a year after his death, Jake came to visit me in a dream.  Well a few dreams...he was having some contact issues with being a new ghost and all...there's a learning curve I suppose. When he was alive, he thought that bit about ghosts talking to me was a bunch of nonsense, so it took him awhile to come around to trying to contact me.

He gave me a message for his mother and stressed that I really had to convince her he was still around and that he was doing great. He was terrified that she was going to harm herself to try to be with him. I finally got some time to tell her about this and she thought I was nuts at first.  Then I told her about the pennies and feathers Jake was giving her. He used to collect pennies and feathers when he was a little boy and give them to her (I can't say much about this oddity because mine was rocks). She had been finding them everywhere, but couldn't figure where they kept coming from.  Also there was the crazy light flickering.  She had called out 2 or 3 electricians because her bathroom light was being psychotic and none of them could find anything wrong with it. 

He had been trying really hard to get her attention, but in her grief, she just wasn't seeing it.  Keep in mind she had told no one about the pennies and feathers.  It brought her comfort that her son was still around and was watching out for her.  She finally started to live again.

My mum (who died over 20 years ago) leaves 20 pence pieces around.

Wherever possible during her lifetime (well, since they were introduced in 1982), mum didn't spend any 20p pieces she received, instead saving them for "nice things" like ice-creams during the holidays etc. 

Since she died, I find them in all manner of weird places, when things are going badly for me, or if I need a little pointer or a hug from heaven.

When BFF and I were moving house, we found one in the middle of the path of the house we eventually rented - where there hadn't been one ten minutes before, and no one else had walked up the path.

When BFF and I went on holiday once, we were putting the clothes into the (previously empty) wardrobe.  BFF hung up the first dress (which had been used to "cover" all the other stuff inside the suitcase) and started on unpacking the rest of the stuff.  About five minutes later there was this "ting" noise from the wardrobe and when we looked inside, there was a bright and shiny 20p on the floor.  It hadn't been there before and there was no way it could have fallen out of the dress because of the delay (and also because the dress was a simple tube maxi dress and didn't have pockets or unnecessary pleats). 

I joke now whenever a 20p is found that mum didn't get the memo about inflation, otherwise she'd start leaving 2 coins!

The Wild One, Forever

« Reply #2117 on: January 30, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »

My mum (who died over 20 years ago) leaves 20 pence pieces around.

Wherever possible during her lifetime (well, since they were introduced in 1982), mum didn't spend any 20p pieces she received, instead saving them for "nice things" like ice-creams during the holidays etc. 

Since she died, I find them in all manner of weird places, when things are going badly for me, or if I need a little pointer or a hug from heaven.

When BFF and I were moving house, we found one in the middle of the path of the house we eventually rented - where there hadn't been one ten minutes before, and no one else had walked up the path.

When BFF and I went on holiday once, we were putting the clothes into the (previously empty) wardrobe.  BFF hung up the first dress (which had been used to "cover" all the other stuff inside the suitcase) and started on unpacking the rest of the stuff.  About five minutes later there was this "ting" noise from the wardrobe and when we looked inside, there was a bright and shiny 20p on the floor.  It hadn't been there before and there was no way it could have fallen out of the dress because of the delay (and also because the dress was a simple tube maxi dress and didn't have pockets or unnecessary pleats). 

I joke now whenever a 20p is found that mum didn't get the memo about inflation, otherwise she'd start leaving 2 coins!

These stories make me smile!  Very, very cool.  The random appearance of these coins/feathers sounds exactly what Leanne has been telling me about, regarding these angel coins.   I have absolutely no trouble believing it, either.
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Dr. F.

« Reply #2118 on: January 30, 2014, 03:52:18 PM »
Where did the photo of two handsome Himalayan cats on my phone come from? I don't know anyone with two Himalayans (that I know of). I have no memory of taking the photo. I don't recognize the surroundings.

It's dated exactly 2 years ago, but I don't recall seeing it before just recently.

Weird.

Eeep!

« Reply #2119 on: January 30, 2014, 04:50:55 PM »
Where did the photo of two handsome Himalayan cats on my phone come from? I don't know anyone with two Himalayans (that I know of). I have no memory of taking the photo. I don't recognize the surroundings.

It's dated exactly 2 years ago, but I don't recall seeing it before just recently.

Weird.

I don't know if you have FB but could you have accidentally saved it from there or some other site? Not sure how to explain the 2 year thing though...
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Lynn2000

« Reply #2120 on: January 30, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
I have a few genealogical mysteries. They bug me because in my family we rely a lot on family lore--as a kid I used to get so bored listening to all the grown-ups repeat stories about "dead people" over and over again. So it seems like we ought to at least have some hints about these people, but no, it's like there's a brick wall behind them.

1) My great-grandfather, that's pretty recent. My dad knew him. I'm like, Dad, didn't you ever say, "Grandpa, tell us about your parents and siblings"? Allegedly he had a sister, but no one knew anything about her, like her name; and his parents' names are unknown. As an adult I can track him well, but not as a minor, and thus I can't get back earlier.

2) Farther back, but our "illustrious founding ancestor" who had a million offspring. I can track him easily from about age 25 onward, but no one knows anything about his parents or siblings.

3) My great-aunt, my (late) grandfather's sister. He had several siblings and all of the others are neatly documented. This one sister married a guy, moved to Iowa, and had five kids. That's all I know. His name and her name are both super-common, and I don't know the kids' names. I've probably stumbled across records of them, but I have no way to verify which family is them. And no one I ask seems to know any more. The wilds of Iowa, from which there is no return...

On a totally different topic, I sometimes see things on the street and wonder how they got there. Like a shoe. Under what circumstance would you lose a shoe, and just leave it there?
~Lynn2000

Gwywnnydd

« Reply #2121 on: January 30, 2014, 06:44:53 PM »

On a totally different topic, I sometimes see things on the street and wonder how they got there. Like a shoe. Under what circumstance would you lose a shoe, and just leave it there?

When a young Gwywnnydd threw a shoe at her annoying little brother who was On her side of the back seat, and it went sailing out the open window...

Enigmatism

« Reply #2122 on: January 31, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
I have a few genealogical mysteries. They bug me because in my family we rely a lot on family lore--as a kid I used to get so bored listening to all the grown-ups repeat stories about "dead people" over and over again. So it seems like we ought to at least have some hints about these people, but no, it's like there's a brick wall behind them.

1) My great-grandfather, that's pretty recent. My dad knew him. I'm like, Dad, didn't you ever say, "Grandpa, tell us about your parents and siblings"? Allegedly he had a sister, but no one knew anything about her, like her name; and his parents' names are unknown. As an adult I can track him well, but not as a minor, and thus I can't get back earlier.

2) Farther back, but our "illustrious founding ancestor" who had a million offspring. I can track him easily from about age 25 onward, but no one knows anything about his parents or siblings.

3) My great-aunt, my (late) grandfather's sister. He had several siblings and all of the others are neatly documented. This one sister married a guy, moved to Iowa, and had five kids. That's all I know. His name and her name are both super-common, and I don't know the kids' names. I've probably stumbled across records of them, but I have no way to verify which family is them. And no one I ask seems to know any more. The wilds of Iowa, from which there is no return...

I had a similar mystery. My Grandad had an Aunt who had married and moved never to be heard of again apparently.

However, I was contacted through Ancestry by a grandson of The Aunt and my Grandad and his brother got to meet up with some of his cousins!
Even stranger, The Aunt had moved to my husbands hometown! These relatives that I had spent a good few years searching for lived around the corner from my in laws! One of them had baptised my husband!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2123 on: January 31, 2014, 06:18:43 AM »
I have a cousin of unknown origin.  He was adopted and was/is looking for his birth family. He contacted me after we got a DNA match on Ancestry, but no idea how we are actually related or even what side of the family he's from. No one is fessing up to knowing about him and most of the liking parties are long dead. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Snooks

« Reply #2124 on: February 02, 2014, 03:59:10 PM »

When a young Gwywnnydd threw a shoe at her annoying little brother who was On her side of the back seat, and it went sailing out the open window...

Apparently when you get hit by a car your shoes frequently fly off.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2125 on: February 02, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »

Apparently when you get hit by a car your shoes frequently fly off.

And on THAT happy thought ...    :(   

CrazyDaffodilLady

« Reply #2126 on: February 02, 2014, 07:38:04 PM »
[snip]
I'd also like to find out where my missing spoons are right now...I had twelve this summer...I have at least two missing right now.  One soup spoon and one tablespoon - stainless steel does not evaporate.

Do you have children and a yard?

The previous owners of my house had five children.  During the first couple of years I lived here, I found many pieces of cutlery in the back yard.  Spoons were the most common.  A lot of the pieces were around the area where the kids had a club house.  I'll bet their mother was puzzled about her disappearing cutlery.
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #2127 on: February 03, 2014, 09:33:43 AM »
My brothers buried a meat platter once...so I know about that!

But due to allergies, the college student and the high school teacher tend to eat inside.  The one soup spoon has been missing for months...I wonder if it is under the bed?  VorGuy tends to eat a bit of ice cream as a bedtime snack....so it could very well be.

I just don't feel like disassembling the whole room to look for it.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Sebastienne

« Reply #2128 on: March 03, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
I came home from work today to find a clothespin on the outside of my mailbox, which was definitely not there a few hours earlier. Walking the dog immediately afterwards, I noticed a few other houses (but not all!) also had mailbox clothespins. These are all wall-mounted mailboxes near the front door. There was nothing attached to the clothespin and no weird mail in our box.

Mysterious! Also, slightly paranoid-making.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2129 on: March 03, 2014, 06:42:44 PM »
I came home from work today to find a clothespin on the outside of my mailbox, which was definitely not there a few hours earlier. Walking the dog immediately afterwards, I noticed a few other houses (but not all!) also had mailbox clothespins. These are all wall-mounted mailboxes near the front door. There was nothing attached to the clothespin and no weird mail in our box.

Mysterious! Also, slightly paranoid-making.

When we had the wall-mounted mailbox, we were asked (unofficially) to clip the outgoing mail to the outside of the box so the mail carrier wouldn't have to dig and feel around for it. Maybe that was a hint. :)