Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 312619 times)

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
*Why is it everytime I have extra money (usually around Tax Time in Feb.) I can never find anything on sale? And when I don't have any money to spare, I find all kinds of cute outfits?

*Or I do have money and what I want is on sale but they don't have it in my size? THis just happened to me on Friday. I went to Old Navy for some shorts and t-shirts and couldn't find shorts in my size. And all their t-shirts were ugly. I ended up finding some shorts at JCPenny but not until after I'd already went to Macy's, Torrid and Belk. I knew I should have listened to my mother and went to Kohl's or Marshells.

I did tell DH that next time I'd just go to Goodwill and find some jeans to cut off into the length I wanted. Old Navy seemed to have nothing but short-shorts. Those are cute if you are 16yo but not when you are 37. Plus my legs are milk white and I don't tan...

Sorry to be so off topic!

Oh...and how come when I stock up on something, I find it on an even better sale the next week?

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »
I wanna know who my yellow eyed man was.

When I was little (maybe 7 or 8?) I was sitting on the curb in front of our house, basically just people watching. I was just plain bored. There was a man in a long brown coat walking up and down the street, looking confused, and he eventually came over to me and crouched down (to my eye level). He had yellow eyes... Not the white part, the iris was kinda a dark yellow color. I've never seen anyone else with that shade of eyes. I remember wondering if I should go inside to my parents, but there were lots of people around, so I didn't. First he asked me where my coat was, and why I wasn't wearing one. I told him I wasn't cold and he nodded. then he asked me where Miss Tammie lived (name changed of course) and I pointed the house out. He smiled and patted me on the head and gave me a sucker, then stood up and walked into Miss Tammie's house, without knocking or unlocking the door. he just opened it. We did NOT live in an area that people kept their doors unlocked either. I went back to watching the street, and didn't bother to eat the sucker.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow the ambulance came to the house, and they brought Miss Tammie out all covered up. (which I later realized must have meant she was dead, but it didn't occur to me at the time.) And that darned man walked out of the house, past the paramedics without anyone acknowledging him, waved at me and walked off down the street. I didn't think much of it, but later asked a bunch of neighbors if they knew who he was. Despite all of them having been gathered to watch Miss Tammie come out of the house (because that was a nosy neighborhood) NO ONE saw the man. And they claimed no one had come over to talk to me, because if they had, they 9the neighbors) would have run him off for talking to a little girl alone.

I still wonder who the heck that was... I ought o add this experience to a book, it was really weird.

At least Death is nice to little girls....

Can I use that quote in a book? That just hit me as a neat statement.

And I totally should've eaten the darn sucker. I have sometimes wondered if that could have been the devil... Miss Tammie was a horrible person, and someone told me she died with a horrified expression on her face. (which brings up the queation of how the heck could Friend have known that? I think she was pulling my leg.)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Carnation

• Super Hero!
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:07 PM »

When I was little (maybe 7 or 8?) I was sitting on the curb in front of our house, basically just people watching. I was just plain bored. There was a man in a long brown coat walking up and down the street, looking confused, and he eventually came over to me and crouched down (to my eye level). He had yellow eyes... Not the white part, the iris was kinda a dark yellow color. I've never seen anyone else with that shade of eyes. I remember wondering if I should go inside to my parents, but there were lots of people around, so I didn't. First he asked me where my coat was, and why I wasn't wearing one. I told him I wasn't cold and he nodded. then he asked me where Miss Tammie lived (name changed of course) and I pointed the house out. He smiled and patted me on the head and gave me a sucker, then stood up and walked into Miss Tammie's house, without knocking or unlocking the door. he just opened it. We did NOT live in an area that people kept their doors unlocked either. I went back to watching the street, and didn't bother to eat the sucker.

I don't know how it happened, but somehow the ambulance came to the house, and they brought Miss Tammie out all covered up. (which I later realized must have meant she was dead, but it didn't occur to me at the time.) And that darned man walked out of the house, past the paramedics without anyone acknowledging him, waved at me and walked off down the street. I didn't think much of it, but later asked a bunch of neighbors if they knew who he was. Despite all of them having been gathered to watch Miss Tammie come out of the house (because that was a nosy neighborhood) NO ONE saw the man. And they claimed no one had come over to talk to me, because if they had, they 9the neighbors) would have run him off for talking to a little girl alone.

I still wonder who the heck that was... I ought o add this experience to a book, it was really weird.

Nothing freaks me out.

Until now.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2010, 08:19:59 PM »

Nothing freaks me out.

Until now.

You should have seen him... He was very striking. Even over a decad later I can still picture him perfectly in my mind.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
Nothing freaks me out.

Until now.

Me too!  I'm subscribed to the "ghost story" thread but I think this has freaked out more than any of those stories!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trust me, I'm a scientist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raised on the East Coast,
living in the Mid-West.

CosmicChicken42

« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
I have one that was odd as well.  I was around ten and am an avid reader.  This is around the time I discovered Stephen King and was obsessively reading The Dark Tower series on my stomach on the couch.  I then feel something jump on my back, purr, and settle down to sleep as I read. Took a few minutes to get settled as all cats I've ever had always kneaded their way into slumber. My cat always did this especially when I was reading so I thought nothing of it.  Twenty minutes later I realized my cat had died three weeks before and there are no other animals living in my house.  I jumped up, freaked out and there was nothing on my back. I looked in the mirror and there was tiny cat scratches all over my back.  My parents still don't believe me that this happened and think I was just freaked out by reading something slightly too mature for my age.  I want to know if I hallucinated or there is a ghost cat running around my house.

Although I do have a mystery with a happy ending! I used to work at this plant nursery and was an outdoor cashier.  After two years there they finally decided to replace the old equipment that has been there since the dawn of time, this includes the cash registers.  As one of the guys was taking my register apart a check fell out dated 15 years ago and my manager started having a meltdown.  Turns out her first week on the job when she was 16 she lost a check and it was never found.  She was accused of taking it but since nothing ever was proven or found it was let go.  She still worked there 15 years later and now this is the mysterious check that has been plaguing her for years.  We all voted she should take it home and frame it because we certainly weren't going to try and cash a 20 dollar check fifteen years later. 

Pinky830

« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
On my first day working at KFC in high school, a customer ordered coffee. I served it to him. He sat and drank it with his meal.

They serve coffee at KFC?  Now there's a mystery.

Mmm, coffee and fried chicken!

We didn't sell a lot of it, that's for sure.  :) I was always faintly surprised when someone ordered it. I don't know whether KFC still does or not.

sbtier

• Super Hero!
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:09 PM »
Why would anyone store/hide things in a dropped ceiling, especially such mundane things?
Growing up, I used to hide things in my drop ceiling because my brothers would steal, but I don't know why someone would put such mundane things there.  Maybe the person had a mental illness and thought they needed to hide stuff to keep them from being stolen.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 08:58:54 PM by sbtier »

lolane

« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2010, 08:56:27 PM »
When I was a kid, about 6 or 7 years old, I remember waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a man sitting in my room reading a book. I said hello to him and he ignored me. I tried speaking to him again and he again ignored me. I remember thinking in my head, "well if you don't want to talk to me, I don't want to talk to you either!" and I laid back down. I remember this all vividly, and I especially remember that I was not scared. A few years ago (I'm in my late 20's now) I was relaying this story in the company of my mother and she said that she remembers me insisting that there was a man in my room reading a book, but that she thought I was dreaming or something about it.

I want to know who the man was. Did I dream about it? Did I really see him, and if so, who was he?

Another mystery is that I want to know what happened with my great-grandmother. There is a whole missing chunk of her life that everyone refuses to talk about. Apparently her family knew where she was and they were in contact with her occassionally, but no one will talk about what happened. I know that she left with some women (who have been described as "evil") and went to New Orleans where they participated in "evil" things that involve and element of magic or something.  She died at a very old age, but she apparently always felt haunted about whatever she did during that time period. It's also strange because I can't get a grasp of when all of this happened. On one hand they say that she was gone when she was very young and that she was gone for about 20 years, but then my mother doesn't remember meeting her until she was older (and they lived next door to my great-grandfather, her husband) so that would mean that she either wasn't young when she left, or she left for much longer than 20 years, or maybe she left and came back a few times.

Anyway, I really want to know what happened with my great-grandmother. I want to know what the big secret is. Is it really as bad as everyone makes it seem?

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2010, 09:01:54 PM »
When I was a kid, about 6 or 7 years old, I remember waking up in the middle of the night and seeing a man sitting in my room reading a book. I said hello to him and he ignored me. I tried speaking to him again and he again ignored me. I remember thinking in my head, "well if you don't want to talk to me, I don't want to talk to you either!" and I laid back down. I remember this all vividly, and I especially remember that I was not scared. A few years ago (I'm in my late 20's now) I was relaying this story in the company of my mother and she said that she remembers me insisting that there was a man in my room reading a book, but that she thought I was dreaming or something about it.

I want to know who the man was. Did I dream about it? Did I really see him, and if so, who was he?

Another mystery is that I want to know what happened with my great-grandmother. There is a whole missing chunk of her life that everyone refuses to talk about. Apparently her family knew where she was and they were in contact with her occassionally, but no one will talk about what happened. I know that she left with some women (who have been described as "evil") and went to New Orleans where they participated in "evil" things that involve and element of magic or something.  She died at a very old age, but she apparently always felt haunted about whatever she did during that time period. It's also strange because I can't get a grasp of when all of this happened. On one hand they say that she was gone when she was very young and that she was gone for about 20 years, but then my mother doesn't remember meeting her until she was older (and they lived next door to my great-grandfather, her husband) so that would mean that she either wasn't young when she left, or she left for much longer than 20 years, or maybe she left and came back a few times.

Anyway, I really want to know what happened with my great-grandmother. I want to know what the big secret is. Is it really as bad as everyone makes it seem?

To me, this is one of those things that seems really shameful but should be told to someone so it remains part of the family history.  At the very least it should be written down somewhere.

kareng57

• Super Hero!
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2010, 09:12:18 PM »
Oooooh, Cathy that's so weird!!

I still really want to know what happened to my glasses. My parents were annoyed they had to buy me a new pair, but they simply were not there. I know exactly where I set them, I was only in the pool a couple of minutes, no one else was out there - where could they have gone? We searched all over the porch, the yard, and the kitchen.

Is it possible they're at the bottom of the pool?

DS #1 has a pair of glasses at the bottom of a nearby lake.

He was there with a bunch of other Scouts and there's kind of a grotto area they were lounging around in.  He took off his glasses and put them on kind of a stone-shelf.  Trouble is - it's a tidal lake, and by the time he went to put them back on, the water had risen over the shelf and taken his glasses with it.

It was the second pair he'd lost/damaged that year.  Mother was not impressed.

MadMadge43

• MadMadge43
  • Super Hero!
  • Etiquette is making others feel special
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »
I was relaying this story in the company of my mother and she said that she remembers me insisting that there was a man in my room reading a book, but that she thought I was dreaming or something about it.

It could have been sleep paralysis, where your body turns off before your brain does and it causes some strong hallucinations. Of course, usually during this you can't speak or move.

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
I was relaying this story in the company of my mother and she said that she remembers me insisting that there was a man in my room reading a book, but that she thought I was dreaming or something about it.

It could have been sleep paralysis, where your body turns off before your brain does and it causes some strong hallucinations. Of course, usually during this you can't speak or move.

I've experienced sleep paralysis and it, literally, is the scariest thing I have ever experienced.  I get a little freaked out thinking about it.  I don't know if this is unique to me or if it's a more common experience.  If it's the former though, she would not have peacefully returned to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

living in the Mid-West.

Information_queen

• Meaghan, her family's personal librarian
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »
I have another mystery. (still haven't found those spoons either...)

I was doing laundry this morning. I have brand new machines, put there by maintenance. I am the only person to have done laundry in that washer. My husband is not up to any mischief.

So where did the white size 8 ladies' panties come from?

hot_shaker

• Super Hero!
  • Friendly EHell Crank
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2010, 09:21:25 PM »

If you find out, you HAVE to come back and tell us!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

living in the Mid-West.