News:

• February 22, 2018, 09:21:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 696224 times)

alegria

Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #615 on: November 08, 2010, 04:51:07 PM »
Again this is very minor but it's never happened to me before. Someone stole my jack o' lantern I carved for Halloween this year. It's no big deal I was going to give it to my one nephew for deer baiting anyway. But it bugs me. I have no idea who might've stolen it or why they'd even want to.

Ed.

Kids who want to drop it off a bridge or roll it down a steep hill would be my guess.  The backside of the hill I live on is generally full of pumpkin guts from about October 30th to November 10th.

think2x

« Reply #616 on: November 08, 2010, 09:47:48 PM »
In 2006 I took a series of 5 digital photos of my mom.  I was looking at family photos yesterday and came across said pics.  In every other pic (3 of them), she has what looks like a black eye.  What caused this?  Really weird.  

Ed: Removed pic; it was freaking me out.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:52:49 PM by think2x »

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #617 on: November 10, 2010, 08:11:04 PM »
I have been pondering this one for a few days.  How did I get home that fast?

I went to dinner and the movies with some friends the other night.  The location we were at is easily 30 minutes from my home (on a good day, light traffic, not hitting any lights).  So how did I get home 5 minutes after I left?

I remember looking at the clock in my car, it read 10:05.  As I was driving home some fog/mist came in (not unusual for where I was at) and I nearly hit some idiot bicyclist that had on all black and no reflective gear.  I slowed down considerably due to the fog...I pulled in my driveway at 10:10.  That is not possible.  I thought something was wrong with the clock in my car, but it was correct when I checked it against the one in the house.  The movie ended at a pre-set time, the other people I went with said it ended on time and we left at a few minutes after 10:00.

So how the heck did I gain 25 minutes (this was not on the time change day either, ftr)?
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Maggie

« Reply #618 on: November 10, 2010, 08:17:35 PM »
Where did my black sweater go?  I had it last friday.  I remember putting it in the seat of my car.  Now it is just gone.  It's not in the laundry.  It's not in the car.  It's not behind or under the bed.  If anybody finds it would you please send it back?   8)

MRSW

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #619 on: November 10, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »
Where did my black sweater go?  I had it last friday.  I remember putting it in the seat of my car.  Now it is just gone.  It's not in the laundry.  It's not in the car.  It's not behind or under the bed.  If anybody finds it would you please send it back?   8)

I have a black sweater that I will gladly trade you for the brown jacket I lost in the same way!

Alida

• Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #620 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:17 PM »
How did the chocolate covered mint peep get into the closed cup-holder in my car?

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #621 on: November 10, 2010, 08:22:46 PM »

I went to dinner and the movies with some friends the other night.  The location we were at is easily 30 minutes from my home (on a good day, light traffic, not hitting any lights).  So how did I get home 5 minutes after I left?

I remember looking at the clock in my car, it read 10:05.  As I was driving home some fog/mist came in (not unusual for where I was at) and I nearly hit some idiot bicyclist that had on all black and no reflective gear.  I slowed down considerably due to the fog...I pulled in my driveway at 10:10.  That is not possible.  I thought something was wrong with the clock in my car, but it was correct when I checked it against the one in the house.  The movie ended at a pre-set time, the other people I went with said it ended on time and we left at a few minutes after 10:00.

So how the heck did I gain 25 minutes (this was not on the time change day either, ftr)?

If you can answer this one, tell me it too.  ;) ;D

Maggie

« Reply #622 on: November 10, 2010, 08:29:20 PM »

I have a black sweater that I will gladly trade you for the brown jacket I lost in the same way!

Deal!

Missy Hedgehog

« Reply #623 on: November 10, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »

If you can answer this one, tell me it too.  ;) ;D
My mom and I always had the theory that if you didn't look at the clock as you were driving, you would get to your destination faster. This is especially true if you set a time in your mind that you want to get there, and turn off the radio/music. I don't know how or if it works, but it always seems to get me out of a tight spot when I think that I'm going to be late  :P
Life is short
And pleasures few,
And holed the ship,
And drowned the crew,
But o! But o!
How very blue
The sea is!
-Clive Barker "Abarat"

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #624 on: November 11, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »
I remember looking at the clock in my car, it read 10:05.  As I was driving home some fog/mist came in (not unusual for where I was at) and I nearly hit some idiot bicyclist that had on all black and no reflective gear.  I slowed down considerably due to the fog...I pulled in my driveway at 10:10.
:o  :o Didn't you ever see The Final Countdown?   You're lucky you didn't wind up in 1941! 

SF movies aside, I've heard of several time-lost/-gained stories.  Most of them involve driving into a patch of fog...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #625 on: November 11, 2010, 07:32:11 PM »
I remember looking at the clock in my car, it read 10:05.  As I was driving home some fog/mist came in (not unusual for where I was at) and I nearly hit some idiot bicyclist that had on all black and no reflective gear.  I slowed down considerably due to the fog...I pulled in my driveway at 10:10.
:o  :o Didn't you ever see The Final Countdown?   You're lucky you didn't wind up in 1941! 

SF movies aside, I've heard of several time-lost/-gained stories.  Most of them involve driving into a patch of fog...

No I haven't.  I've lost time before too.  :-\  Also, when I was a kid I was petrified of fog...I don't remember why, but it absolutely terrified me.  As an adult, I don't much care for it either, but at least I have a sort of rational reason...a lot of car accidents happen in fog.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #626 on: November 11, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »

If fog were duststorms here, then we'd have a lot of timetravelers.  :P

Elfmama

• Derailing threads since 2001!
« Reply #627 on: November 11, 2010, 09:13:50 PM »
Another one from my own past (even though I don't remember it.)

Who called out to my mother?

When my brother and I were toddlers, Mom usually convinced us to take naps.  One day when she put us down, she closed the door to the bedroom, something she almost never did, because she wanted to be able to hear us.  She went to lie down herself, and again closed her bedroom door. 

She hadn't meant to fall asleep, but she did.  She woke up when someone called her name.  She said it was a woman's voice, calling with no urgency, but as a neighbor might call, opening the door to see if she was home.

And she woke up to the smell of smoke.  My father had dozed off and dropped a lit cigarette down into his overstuffed chair.  When he woke, he forgot that he'd had a cigarette lit and went off outside to do something.  The chair was smoldering, just on the edge of burning and setting off clouds of heavy black smoke.

I don't know what they did to put it out, whether they threw water on it, or got it out of the house, or if the fire department came.  But Mom was told that if she hadn't closed the doors, we would have been smothered by the smoke.  If she hadn't woken up when she did, the whole house might have gone up in flames.

But who woke her?  It wasn't her neighbor, or anyone she knew.  No one was there at all.  Just a voice calling her name.
Common sense is not a gift, but a curse.  Because then
you have to deal with all the people who don't have it.

Alida

• Lady Jedi
    • Alida's Journal
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2010, 05:44:57 AM »
But who woke her?  It wasn't her neighbor, or anyone she knew.  No one was there at all.  Just a voice calling her name.

And this is why I believe in guardian angels!

Luci

« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »
Exactly what I was thinking!