Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 273478 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #1770 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59:10 AM »
Cue 'Twilight Zone' music, then.  That's just weird.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1771 on: July 06, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
I wish a few thousand dollars would mysteriously appear in mine.

Girlie

« Reply #1772 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:15 PM »
Definitely would have been preferable over a remote to a contraption I don't even own!  ;D

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1773 on: July 06, 2012, 02:21:12 PM »
I had a ring of keys appear in mine.  Might even have mentioned it earlier in the thread?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #1774 on: July 06, 2012, 03:36:16 PM »
the recent car items reminds me of a mystery from my childhood.

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I found an Owl necklace in the couch. The only people recently visiting were my grandparents who denied losing a necklace. It was simply under the cushion, not jammed in a crevice or anything, so hard to believe it had been there very long. None of my Mother's friends reported losing a necklace either.

So where did it come from?
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1775 on: July 06, 2012, 03:44:37 PM »
the recent car items reminds me of a mystery from my childhood.

When I was about 7 or 8 years old, I found an Owl necklace in the couch. The only people recently visiting were my grandparents who denied losing a necklace. It was simply under the cushion, not jammed in a crevice or anything, so hard to believe it had been there very long. None of my Mother's friends reported losing a necklace either.

So where did it come from?

From the same place as the one we found in our couch, apparently. I found a silver star necklace under the cushions, which haven't been moved in months, and it wasn't there the last time the couch was unfolded. We haven't had many visitors, and the ones we have had don't tend to wear that type of jewelry anyway. It was fastened when I found it, like it had fallen out of a pocket, rather than slipped off of someone, and it's really more of a kiddie size/style than any of my friends would wear.

So weird!
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

aion

« Reply #1776 on: July 07, 2012, 09:27:57 AM »
A minor one.

My mother picked me up from the airport a few years back. She paid for the parking, got the ticket validated, and then put the ticket in the centre console. I even commented on the ticket being there (as my usual trick in that situation is trying to hold the ticket in my mouth as I drive, which is less than optimal). Less than a minute later we pull up at the exit for the parking lot, my mum reaches into the console, and the ticket is not there. We just about pulled the car apart looking for it, taking up the floor mats and checking under seats. No ticket. Thankfully we were able to call someone from security, who believed our story and let us out of the parking lot.

The car is serviced, detailed, cleaned several times. Ticket never turns up. The ticket definitely made it into the car, the car was not opened before the gate, so where the heck did it go?

Reika

« Reply #1777 on: July 07, 2012, 12:10:27 PM »

The car is serviced, detailed, cleaned several times. Ticket never turns up. The ticket definitely made it into the car, the car was not opened before the gate, so where the heck did it go?

No open windows for it to fly out of?

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1778 on: July 07, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
Well, if anybody found a set of couch legs, they're mine.  One of our moves, they had to take the legs off the couch in order to get it out of the door.  They put them in a box on top of other living room stuff, then sealed the box while I watched.  When we got to the new location, the legs were not in the box.  Nothing else was missing from the shipment.

Why would "they" want couch legs?  ???
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #1779 on: July 07, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
Elfmama....I don't know, but 'they' got mine, too!

I took them off the couch (they were just the screw-in type) and put them away in a drawer.  At the time, we had ferrets, and while I didn't care if they hid under the couch or anything, they seemed like they wanted to scratch holes in the underside and get up inside, which is of course unsafe.  We figured the best way to deal with the situation was just take the legs off the couch so it sat flat on the floor.   I KNOW the legs were there when I moved out of my apartment into C's place, and again three months later when I moved out of C's into Bedside Manor.  But now they're just...gone.  And I'm stuck with a really low couch that some people have difficulty getting up off of.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1780 on: July 10, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
Can someone please explain how and why this happens?

Our family of three seldom gets invited to events and/or parties, we usually get together with friends for a meal or a day at one of our local attractions. However, if we do get invited to anything, we will get multiple invitations to different events/parties that conflict.

DH's high school buddy got married (after 40 years of bachelorhood) in November, on Veteran's Day weekend. We committed to attending the wedding months in advance. Within those months, we received 5 other invitations!
This coming weekend, we have a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend on Friday evening. On Saturday, we have a Bar Mitzvah and two receptions, one at Epcot! Now we have been invited to a wine tasting dinner, and two other events which conflict.

This always happens this way!

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1781 on: July 10, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
Can someone please explain how and why this happens?

Our family of three seldom gets invited to events and/or parties, we usually get together with friends for a meal or a day at one of our local attractions. However, if we do get invited to anything, we will get multiple invitations to different events/parties that conflict.

DH's high school buddy got married (after 40 years of bachelorhood) in November, on Veteran's Day weekend. We committed to attending the wedding months in advance. Within those months, we received 5 other invitations!
This coming weekend, we have a surprise 50th birthday party for a friend on Friday evening. On Saturday, we have a Bar Mitzvah and two receptions, one at Epcot! Now we have been invited to a wine tasting dinner, and two other events which conflict.

This always happens this way!

Just to boggle your mind - I'm in town for the next few days, with VorGuy, on vacation!  It sounds like your "free time" is all spoken for, though!

Have fun at Epcot!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1782 on: July 10, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
I have Thursday evening open. Do you want to meet up?

Solanna Dryden

« Reply #1783 on: July 10, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
I swear this is true:

One night, a month or so ago, I went to bed wearing pajama pants. When I woke up, the pajama pants were wrapped around my neck.

What the hell do I do in my sleep?!
Honey badger don't care. YOLO

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #1784 on: July 11, 2012, 12:00:57 AM »
I swear this is true:

One night, a month or so ago, I went to bed wearing pajama pants. When I woke up, the pajama pants were wrapped around my neck.

What the hell do I do in my sleep?!

Do you move around a lot in your sleep? I've turned off my alarm in my sleep and woken up an hour after I was supposed to - fortunately, I didn't have anywhere to be.  :-[
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter