Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 312385 times)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #1800 on: July 24, 2012, 02:09:48 PM »
Definitely my car. My junk is all still in there. :) I even checked to make sure nothing was missing - everything is fine.
And no - no one has been in or had access to my car, and it has been locked. It's like the thing just appeared out of thin air. 

???

Did you happen to leave your sunroof open?  :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1801 on: July 24, 2012, 03:11:21 PM »
My natural resonance interferes with wireless devices, but only at work. At home, I use an identical keyboard and mouse to my original set at work, but (at work) I can't keep any wireless device at work functioning longer than a few weeks. I finally gave up and bought a wired mouse with the functionality I need. I have gone through 8 mice in two years.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #1802 on: August 14, 2012, 08:07:47 AM »
Where did the spoon on top of my dishwasher come from?   None of us has ever seen it before.   

It was just....there.

Starr

« Reply #1803 on: August 14, 2012, 04:54:27 PM »
Whose rabies tag turned up in our apartment?  It's from an animal hospital I've never taken either of our cats to, and it's old - from 2010.  We babysat my grandmother's cat once, but wouldn't she have noticed if he came home without tags?

Dr. F.

« Reply #1804 on: August 15, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
Why was there a SunChip sitting in the middle of my office floor on monday morning? I don't eat sunchips.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1805 on: August 15, 2012, 11:26:50 AM »
Why was there a SunChip sitting in the middle of my office floor on monday morning? I don't eat sunchips.
I guess the janitor does? 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #1806 on: August 15, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »
Whose rabies tag turned up in our apartment?  It's from an animal hospital I've never taken either of our cats to, and it's old - from 2010.  We babysat my grandmother's cat once, but wouldn't she have noticed if he came home without tags?

Our cat came home from the vet (overnight stay) at the vet without her tags.   I found them later behind a table in our living room.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #1807 on: August 22, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »
I'm not sure if I should put this in the Ghost Stories thread or the "I Just Knew" thread.

Last Monday (8/13), I was running errands and saw a sign that made me think of the name Horshack (from Welcome Back Kotter, for those young whippersnappers among us.   :P)  I thought to myself, isn't he the one that died recently?  Later in the afternoon, I looked it up, because it would have driven me nuts until I knew, and realized I was wrong. It was the guy who played Juan who passed.

Then on Tuesday the news came out that Ron Palillo (the man who played Horshack) passed Tuesday morning.

It kind of gave me the willies.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #1808 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:32 AM »
Yesterday, while on vacation, I saw online that a house burned in my section of the city.   I thought, "It's probably mine. ;)"

Not mine (yay!) but one on my street.  I wasn't sure exactly which house, but I googled the address and a real estate website pictured another house on my street as being that house.

Mine.

(Minor fire, by the way.)

Pippen

« Reply #1809 on: August 23, 2012, 05:00:13 PM »
Not a big mystery more of a befuddlement. My town has a Samoan church but in 8 years I have never seen a single Samoan person wandering around. The only one who came close was my friend who came to live with me for 6 months and she was only half Samoan. She always used to wonder where they were all hiding as well.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1810 on: August 23, 2012, 08:17:03 PM »
I've been wondering the same thing about the Chinese in town. We have two restaurants in which all of the employees are Chinese - they even write the orders in Chinese. I know they live above the restaurants, but I've never seen them in town - the pharmacies or Walmart (the only department store in town) or the parks.

ShanghaiJill

« Reply #1811 on: August 27, 2012, 06:41:55 AM »
A few days ago, the batteries in the TV remote died.   I picked up my battery powered radio and took out the Energizer batteries to use in the remote.    Later in the day I found a package of Kodak batteries, so I put those in the remote and set my Energizer batteries aside. (They are higher quality than needed in the remote.)

Last night, I went to return the Energizer batteries to my radio and I found a set of rechargeable batteries in it.   The radio was exactly where I left it when I took out the high quality batteries.  It just had rechargeable batteries in it.

Yes, we own rechargeable batteries, but I remember taking the Energizer batteries out of it.  Nobody else uses the radio or would bother with it.

Minmom3

« Reply #1812 on: September 02, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »
What do I keep getting on my tops?  I keep pulling shirts out of my wardrobe to find they appear to have oil-based stains on them, which don't come out in a normal wash.

Thankfully DH does something-or-other to them that gets them good as new - I love him so much!

I dribble food down my chest with awful regularity.  And I splatter food equally frequently.  It's worst when I go out for pho hoa...  It looks like somebody splattered grease with a toothbrush all over my chest.  Stain treatments never took care of it, but Goo Gone does!  It looks and smells horribly oily when you pour it on the garment, but it has gotten all greasy food stains out of anything I wear.  Which is lucky for me, since I wash only in cold water and I line dry...  And I can't afford dry cleaning on a monthly basis anymore either.
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1813 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
Wow!  Thanks for that tip.  I love Goo Gone for getting sticky labels off of things, but I had no idea this could be another use for it! 

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1814 on: September 02, 2012, 11:10:18 AM »
If you can find Lestoil, it is awesome for oily stains, too.  It'll even work even if the item has been washed and dried.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario