Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 302657 times)

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #1920 on: July 02, 2013, 10:20:01 AM »
Along the same vein, where did my arm pouch for my cell phone go?  My house ate it, apparently.  I had it one day, and the next day it was gone.  I've looked everywhere.  It's been missing for two weeks and I have no clue where it is.

My house ate my cell phone, so maybe your arm pouch has company wherever it is. I had it this weekend, and I'm 99% sure it's in the house or the van because I had it on the way home from the only store we went to. It had two bars of battery and doesn't usually go through battery that fast, but I assume it's dead wherever it is because calling it isn't getting me any results. I was due a new one anyway, so financially it's not a big deal. We don't have a home phone so we have no phone right now, and the phone is under my sister's account so she needs to be there. I'm thinking I might just go see how much it is to get our own account; I know they have more options now than they did two years ago.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1921 on: July 02, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Where is my laptop charger? I got a new computer about a year ago, that uses the same charger as my old one, but the new one looks a bit different. Since we kept the old computer as a spare (but packed away), I've just been using the old charger, since I had it plugged in where I wanted it. Now that we are moving, we want to get rid of the old laptop by giving it to a friend, but I can't find my new charger anywhere! Considering we've been packing like fiends, you'd think it would have turned up by now :(

I do have a history of leaving chargers at my parentsí houses when we visit the midwest, but I purposely left the new one at home the last time we traveled.

Ed. for clarification

Is it packed away with the old computer? That's what I would have done.

stitchygreyanonymouse

« Reply #1922 on: July 02, 2013, 11:06:38 AM »
Where is my laptop charger? I got a new computer about a year ago, that uses the same charger as my old one, but the new one looks a bit different. Since we kept the old computer as a spare (but packed away), I've just been using the old charger, since I had it plugged in where I wanted it. Now that we are moving, we want to get rid of the old laptop by giving it to a friend, but I can't find my new charger anywhere! Considering we've been packing like fiends, you'd think it would have turned up by now :(

I do have a history of leaving chargers at my parentsí houses when we visit the midwest, but I purposely left the new one at home the last time we traveled.

Ed. for clarification

Nope :(

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1923 on: July 02, 2013, 11:29:36 AM »

Ed. for clarification

Nope :(

Rats. I have a shoebox (now a bootbox) filled with electronic stuff I don't know what is - after I had too much for the junk drawer. It's not there - sorry. I do have enough USB and phone cords to start and electronics store, though.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1924 on: July 02, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »
Do what Mr. Thipu does and put the box of mystery stuff out for a yard sale.  His feeling is, 'If you have to ask what it is, you don't need it'.

BarensMom

« Reply #1925 on: July 02, 2013, 06:18:45 PM »
Where the "bleepity-bleep" is my back scratcher?  I had it last in my living room, but haven't seen it since.  I've pulled the cushions off the sectional to search the crevices and looked under it, but to no avail.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1926 on: July 02, 2013, 06:19:39 PM »
Or if you have an electronics/metal recycler near you, you could probably make a couple of bucks off of it!

We have one here in town that had a great ad in the paper a few weeks back.  'We buy all your electronic crap' with a picture of a robot squatting to take a dump, with a pile of scrap electronics under its butt where the pile of, well, crap would be in the robot were a human.  It was hysterical.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener
« Reply #1927 on: July 02, 2013, 10:30:33 PM »
Well, I found my cell phone. In the pocket of a pair of pants I haven't worn in at least two weeks. And it wasn't dead, it just wasn't ringing. So I have no idea what was going on there.

I've thrown out parts of things I thought I didn't need anymore, then found the other part of the item. We have a griddle that DH absolutely loves, but I hadn't seen it in years. So one day I was cleaning out the junk drawer and threw away the power adapter for it, because I figured it was long gone. Not a week later I came across the griddle in a storage area of my mom's house. Maybe someday I'll find another adapter for it; DH won't let me get rid of it.

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #1928 on: July 02, 2013, 10:56:45 PM »
1.) Where are my scissors?  I used them and then cleaned up so I could vacuum... And they escaped to some scissory paradise I guess, because I looked ALL over, and it's a small apartment, and they aren't anywhere.  And the kitties are all like "What? We don't have thumbs!"

2.) Where did I pack my shorts away end of season last year???? I feel like such a dork wearing jeans at these picnics and such, but don't have extra $$ to go shopping.. Especially when I *know* I have multiple pairs of very cute shorts... Somewhere... Grrr...
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

magicdomino

« Reply #1929 on: July 04, 2013, 05:10:06 PM »
Has my Garmin GPS been stolen?  If not, where is it?

I last remember it under the front seat of the truck.  I noticed that it kept sliding forward, and was thinking that I should bring it inside the house, before it slid into the view of someone who is, shall we say, easily tempted.  It is no longer in the truck, it isn't in any of the places where one would logically keep a small, rechargeable electronic device, and with a bright blue case, it shouldn't be blending into the background.  If I knew for sure that it was stolen, I'd write off the loss and buy a new one.  But what if I buy a new one and the old one shows up?

I swear, I lose more things putting them in safe places.   >:(

Dr. F.

« Reply #1930 on: July 05, 2013, 12:22:25 AM »
<possible grossness warning>

My goal for the day was to clean out my outside stairway leading down to a door into the laundry area in the basement. It accumulates MASSIVE carp - dead leaves, misc. garbage floating around the neighborhood, etc. etc. There was a solid 3" of SLIME at the bottom, I presume from rotted leaves. I used said slime to side-dress the tomatoes, who will probably love it.

As I was sifting through the slime, I ran across a hard object. I pulled it up and washed it off and discovered... a queen conch shell, probably 8" long. I have NO IDEA where this came from. I'm a solid 50 miles inland, and conches don't live up here. My grandfather gave me a conch shell when I was a child, but that one was 10" long, in much better shape, and decorating my bathroom as we speak. It's a treasured possession. This shell is smaller and in much worse shape.

Where the HECK did it come from?

jayhawk

• my organizing website
« Reply #1931 on: July 05, 2013, 12:01:22 PM »
Dr. F., my first thought is that perhaps the shell was in a neighbor's garden or something, but not sure how it would've gotten into your stairwell. It would've been too heavy to be blown in, plus, I think it would've been cracked or chipped.  Interesting!  I love seashells, so am happy that you found it.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #1932 on: July 05, 2013, 12:06:08 PM »
Was the land you live on ever a farm? Often shells were used by farmers to deacidify soils.

Where I grew up, "mussel mud" was the favourite.

Another suggestion is that it might have been carried inland by a gull or other airborne scavenger, then dropped.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

kherbert05

• Super Hero!
    • Trees downed in my yard by Ike and the clean up
« Reply #1933 on: July 05, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
This one was gross

How did a fish head - a very large fish head end up in the middle of our pool in San Angelo? It was really to far from any of the fences for someone to have thrown it, and we got on with our neighbors.

We figured someone was cleaning a fish either on their back porch or at the lake and a hawk or similar bird grabbed it. Then flying over our back yard got dive bombed by these smaller birds that often tried to steal food from them. The hawk dropped the head and it landed smack in the middle of the pool. After we got it out - we shocked the pool.
Don't Teach Them For Your Past. Teach Them For Their Future

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1934 on: July 05, 2013, 01:24:14 PM »
What happened to all my webpages?  I log on today and all of them have teeny-tiny print.  I know how to resize them, so it isn't a big problem, but what made them do that?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~