Author Topic: Your own personal mysteries.  (Read 302520 times)

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
Re: Your own personal mysteries.
« Reply #1995 on: September 01, 2013, 01:25:09 PM »
Where did my fabric go? ???  I was doing some test-dying on 9x11-inch cotton fabric yesterday, three different colors in gradually increasing color intensities, 12 pieces per color.  They went straight from the dye-cups into the washing machine, from the washing machine into a plastic carry-bag, and from the bag to the ironing board where I ironed them dry.  And I was done ironing, I had only 35 pieces of fabric.  It's not in the machine.  Not on the floor around the machine.  Not on the floor around the ironing board. 

Did the sock-eater decide to try branching out?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.

rain

« Reply #1996 on: September 01, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
elfmamma did you count them between the washer & dryer?  I've had things get stuck under the washers agitator before (& show up later)
"oh we thank thee lord for the things we need, like the wind and the rain and the apple seed"

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1997 on: September 01, 2013, 02:48:48 PM »
elfmamma did you count them between the washer & dryer?  I've had things get stuck under the washers agitator before (& show up later)
They didn't go into the dryer, but I had DH run his fingers all the way around the base of the agitator just to check that it wasn't stuck there. (I can't reach it. dingdangity short arms!)
into books first.

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1998 on: September 01, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
I've found all the containers and lids! They're in my kitchen. I have an entire box full of lids and containers. I've managed to find two containers with lids that fit them, that's it.

I want to know where all my wrist braces went. I used to have two at work and one at home, but I decided to take one of my work ones home because I just need one at work. And now I have my one at work (not taking that home, not for anything, I need it too much at work) but can't find any of my home ones.

Well, that's not exactly true. I can find the hard brace that doesn't fit properly and needs a sleeve under it to keep from chafing my arm that I haven't used in six or seven years. I just can't find any of them that are actually useful to me.

I've worn my wrist braces to bed, and on several occasions have found them in the bedside wastebasket.  I'm assuming that I took them off in the middle of the night and missed putting them into the top drawer of my bedside table, since my wastebasket is between my bed and the bedside table.  So now if I have a need to wear them (I go through spells) I check the wastebasket before emptying it because I think that was how I lost one a while ago.  I've also found them under the bed. 

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1999 on: September 01, 2013, 05:19:45 PM »
...   It's not in the machine.  Not on the floor around the machine.  Not on the floor around the ironing board.  ...

Is there any possibility it got stuck to the bottom of your iron or on the edge of your ironing board?

If the sock eaters got it, they're just trying to tell you that you've been starving them lately!  ;) 

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2000 on: September 01, 2013, 05:51:22 PM »
I use garment bags for some of my delicate clothes when I don't have enough for a separate load.  Last week I did a load of laundry, tossed a few delicate shirts in a few garment bags, ran the wash.  As I'm emptying the load into the dryer, I find a shirt that was not in its garment bag, I soon found the empty garment bag and it was completely zipped up.  I can't figure out how the shirt escaped.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2001 on: September 22, 2013, 08:56:51 PM »
This probably belongs in the gross out thread, but it seems to have temporarily vanished...

What the heck did I possibly eat to cause these indescribably awful farts?  DH had to leave the room and even the cats deserted me.  I didn't eat or drink anything out of the ordinary. 
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2002 on: September 22, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »
What did I do with the two packages of two chemical ice packs each.  The ones you break the thing inside and it gets cold.  I had them at the top of my stairs to put in my baseball bag, in case of injury.  They never made it to my baseball bag and they are no longer at the top of the stairs.  Where the heck did they go?  I've looked everywhere I can think of.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2003 on: September 22, 2013, 09:23:26 PM »
What did I do with the two packages of two chemical ice packs each.  The ones you break the thing inside and it gets cold.  I had them at the top of my stairs to put in my baseball bag, in case of injury.  They never made it to my baseball bag and they are no longer at the top of the stairs.  Where the heck did they go?  I've looked everywhere I can think of.

Have you checked the freezer?  Maybe someone else saw them and assumed they had to be prefrozen like "regular" ice packs.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2004 on: September 23, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
Unless the cats got opposable thumbs and grew 5 ft, there is no one else to put them in the freezer.   ;D

I bought one you do have to freeze at the same time.  It's in the door of the fridge freezer, where it is supposed to be.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2005 on: September 23, 2013, 10:48:23 AM »
Unless the cats got opposable thumbs and grew 5 ft, there is no one else to put them in the freezer.   ;D

I bought one you do have to freeze at the same time.  It's in the door of the fridge freezer, where it is supposed to be.

I do a lot of stuff out of habit and don't realize it. Yesterday I went to empty the pop cooler from the road trip and realized I had already done it, then today I went to check. Yup. It's still empty and dry and the extra water put away. Lucas did not do it. Sometimes I go to do the dishes and realize that I had already finished them. He definitely didn't do them!

Carotte

« Reply #2006 on: September 23, 2013, 11:22:26 AM »

I do a lot of stuff out of habit and don't realize it. Yesterday I went to empty the pop cooler from the road trip and realized I had already done it, then today I went to check. Yup. It's still empty and dry and the extra water put away. Lucas did not do it. Sometimes I go to do the dishes and realize that I had already finished them. He definitely didn't do them!

That's a pretty nice surprise to have, wish I could do that too.
I've been putting off some cleaning and doing some other cleaning stuff that should be add on, putting away dishes? naa, I'll clean the door frames first  ::), the couch doesn't have an inch of free place? yeah, but no one has vacuumed behind the heater in a decade!
And then comes the crushing realisation that I still have to take care of the dishes and tidy up the living room.

AstiTheWestie

« Reply #2007 on: September 23, 2013, 03:36:05 PM »

That's a pretty nice surprise to have, wish I could do that too.
I've been putting off some cleaning and doing some other cleaning stuff that should be add on, putting away dishes? naa, I'll clean the door frames first  ::), the couch doesn't have an inch of free place? yeah, but no one has vacuumed behind the heater in a decade!
And then comes the crushing realisation that I still have to take care of the dishes and tidy up the living room.

I do that ALL THE TIME. Then I wonder why I was so darn busy all day and have accomplished nothing.  :o

Snooks

« Reply #2008 on: September 23, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »

I wouldn't put anything past cats...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2009 on: September 23, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »

I wouldn't put anything past cats...

Still working on the growing 5 feet part!
into books first.