Author Topic: Easy Chili and Cheater Chili  (Read 2872 times)

ChristiKayAnn

Easy Chili and Cheater Chili
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:00:55 PM »
I had a request again to bring my chili to a potluck so I thought I would post the recipe since it is good enough to get requests.  I am always kind of surprised by the requests because as you can see it is very much a semi-homemade recipe.

Easy Chili

3 pounds ground beef or turkey
3 cans seasoned beans (can be any 3 types but needs to be 3 different types of beans)
1 can diced tomatoes and green chillies (2 cans if you prefer you chili to have more liquid 1 can makes a thick chili)
1 bottle chili sauce (usually this will be near the cocktail sauce at the store)
1 small can diced green chilies
2 packages chili seasoning any brand

Brown meat in a large frying pan ( optional: season to taste using whatever seasonings you would use if you were making hamburgers.)
While the meat is browning mix all of the other ingredients in a large crockpot.  Stir in the meat and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.

This makes about 5-5 1/2 quarts of chili
Can be served with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, chopped onions, sour cream, etc. to make a nicer selection if desired.

Cheater Chili
This is for those days when you need a large meal for some reason but just don't have the time to do anything more than open some cans.  Again I am always surprised at the complements I get when I make this because really I didn't do much at all (or in this case anything really)

In your slowcooker or a large pan on the stove mix enough cans of different brand canned chili to feed your group.  you will be amazed at the difference mixing 3-4 different brand names of canned chili will make to the final product but it makes enough difference to the flavor that it no longer tastes like canned chili.

Nora

Re: Easy Chili and Cheater Chili
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
Thank you! We love chili! ;D
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.