Author Topic: Uh.. ya, don't do that....  (Read 520809 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Uh.. ya, don't do that....
« Reply #3285 on: October 10, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Garlic. Granulated garlic. Which is lovely in small doses, but not when 1/8 cup is dumped on two slices of pizza.  :-[

greencat

« Reply #3286 on: October 10, 2014, 10:15:22 PM »
Garlic. Granulated garlic. Which is lovely in small doses, but not when 1/8 cup is dumped on two slices of pizza.  :-[

You're right.  That's not nearly enough garlic  ;)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3287 on: October 10, 2014, 10:27:58 PM »
I love garlic, but I would have killed all humans and vampires within 20 feet with that breath.

mmswm

« Reply #3288 on: October 10, 2014, 10:32:35 PM »
I love garlic, but I would have killed all humans and vampires within 20 feet with that breath.

One of my sisters got into this homemade garlic/Italian salad dressing many years ago.  She at so much of it that her sweat was quite literally garlic scented. 
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #3289 on: October 11, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »

Even the werewolves might have decided to look for other, less garlicy, locations....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #3290 on: October 12, 2014, 05:44:41 PM »

One of my sisters got into this homemade garlic/Italian salad dressing many years ago.  She at so much of it that her sweat was quite literally garlic scented.

When my DH first taught me to make my own hummus, I went on a garlic hummus binge - I would make a batch of really garlicky hummus, and just eat it with pita bread for dinner, several nights in a row. DH finally had to ask me to lay off the garlic, as I was starting to smell funny. And he loooooves garlic.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #3291 on: October 13, 2014, 10:35:37 AM »

When my DH first taught me to make my own hummus, I went on a garlic hummus binge - I would make a batch of really garlicky hummus, and just eat it with pita bread for dinner, several nights in a row. DH finally had to ask me to lay off the garlic, as I was starting to smell funny. And he loooooves garlic.

Saturday was my birthday.  DH cooked dinner - and made "'Things that Slartibartfast Likes' Pie."  (Roasted garlic mashed potatoes for the filling, studded with olives and artichokes and parmesan cheese and a bunch of other stuff DH doesn't like all that much but I love.)  It was FANTASTIC and I had three pieces.

And then was gassy and stinky all night, but he still slept next to me anyway  :P  That's true love, right there . . . ;D

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3292 on: October 13, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »
I spilled pina colada on my laptop. I cleaned it right away, but I now have sugar ants on my laptop. They are in the keyboard. Oy, vey.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3293 on: October 13, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
My friend used to let the ants clean parts of the bee hives after harvest.  Maybe they are  just helping you!

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #3294 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:32 PM »
I posted this on the Gross Out thread, but I think it belongs here, too, as a public service message.

I was kneeling on my flat-top stove, reaching for something at the back of the top shelf, when the top shattered underneath my knee, gashing it down to the joint capsule.  I was lucky it stopped there.  I was also lucky that no shards entered the 1-1/2 inch long, 1/4 inch deep gash.  More luck because no bones were broken, cracked, or injured.  The ER doc was surprised that I had so much tissue damage and no structural damage.  Just lucky! ;D

I grabbed a handful of paper towels and put pressure on the gash while calling my DH saying "We're going to the ER.  I need stitches.  I don't need an ambulance.  Call the security guard (we have lived in this high rise with 24/7 security for 24 years). Put the meat back in the frig."  He made me call the security guard because he didn't understand why I wanted them.  Well, DH is disabled and I needed help getting to the car.

I love our security guards.  One came up to help me to the elevator.  Once in the lobby, the other guard, Big D, told my husband to bring the car around to the front so I wouldn't have to negotiate the stairs down to our parking.  Then he grabbed his office chair, on rollers, in lieu of a wheelchair.  Big D grabbed a roll of gauze and did a perfect job of pressure wrapping it.  Just enough pressure to stop the bleeding without interfering with circulation.  The ER doc was impressed.  When he removed the gauze & paper towels, he could see the bone clearly because it wasn't bleeding.

They had to take x-rays to make sure I didn't have shards in the wound.  They asked, "Did you fall?"  So I told them the whole sordid, stupid story.  The x-ray lady made me feel better when she said, "I'm going to stop doing that."  I guess I'm not the only one who thinks of that flat cooktop as just another counter.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Copper Horsewoman

« Reply #3295 on: October 14, 2014, 09:26:48 PM »
OW, ow, ow, Midnight Kitty!  Hope you heal up fast!  On the bright side you will have a scar that will allow you to make up some spectacular stories....Knee-capped by terrorists... wiping out surfing and colliding with the board...being attacked by a rabid prehistoric thesaurus.... ;D

Elisabunny

« Reply #3296 on: October 15, 2014, 11:06:04 AM »
Kitty edition:

If you are a semi-feral cat who desperately wants to be an indoor kitty (not going to happen because of kids' health issues) do not lurk around the back porch in the dark hoping for a chance to sneak in.  If one of the humans decides to toss some tasty human food out the back door, please go after the food.  Do not try to sneak in.  The human will not see you, because it's dark out.  You will once again  get trapped between the door and the screen door until you start plaintively yowling just as the humans sit down for breakfast.  The humans will release you, but will show no sympathy.  Instead, they will laugh at you.
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3297 on: October 15, 2014, 11:21:12 AM »
My MIL explained in detail to my son, her grandson, the extent and cause of her brassiere chafing. She wonders why he avoids her.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3298 on: October 15, 2014, 11:55:20 AM »
My MIL explained in detail to my son, her grandson, the extent and cause of her brassiere chafing. She wonders why he avoids her.

;D  My first hearty laugh of the day!  Thanks!