News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 08, 2016, 02:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1266824 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #6900 on: December 05, 2016, 05:39:12 PM »
Heh! Mel, that reminds me...

So Baby!Nikko was a food connoiseur even from an early age. When formula was transitioned to baby food... Baby!Nikko refused it. SunshineMom was beside herself. Until SunshineGrandma came up with the perfect solution. Mush up regular food. (peas, green beans, cooked to death carrots) and then Baby!Nikko will eat it.

It worked and the spoiled baby version of me happily gummed down any regular mushed food I could get my grubby little paws on. Except baby food. That was reserved to be thrown at the idiot grown ups in my presence who thought to feed Her Highness (ahem *waves*)  that slop.

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #6901 on: December 05, 2016, 09:06:32 PM »

So Baby!Nikko was a food connoiseur even from an early age. When formula was transitioned to baby food... Baby!Nikko refused it. SunshineMom was beside herself. Until SunshineGrandma came up with the perfect solution. Mush up regular food. (peas, green beans, cooked to death carrots) and then Baby!Nikko will eat it.

It worked and the spoiled baby version of me happily gummed down any regular mushed food I could get my grubby little paws on. Except baby food. That was reserved to be thrown at the idiot grown ups in my presence who thought to feed Her Highness (ahem *waves*)  that slop.
Honestly, I tasted some of those baby foods (generally after Niece #1 threw a fit or Niece #2 wept over them), and egad! a couple were really horrible! So I don't blame Baby!Nikko at all for rejecting them flat out.  ;D
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Mustard

« Reply #6902 on: December 06, 2016, 07:07:54 AM »
My husband was sometimes a tad disappointed when Mustardsdottir polished off the chocolate pudding though..

Chipmunky

« Reply #6903 on: December 06, 2016, 08:51:45 AM »
Just as Chipmunchkin gets better, I start getting sick.

Started a sore, scratchy throat and dry cough. Now have a wetter cough, bringing up lovely hunks of yellowish phlegm, and a persistent feel as if it is all gathering in the base of my throat so I can hork up a large ball all at once.

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #6904 on: December 06, 2016, 09:56:38 AM »

Honestly, I tasted some of those baby foods (generally after Niece #1 threw a fit or Niece #2 wept over them), and egad! a couple were really horrible! So I don't blame Baby!Nikko at all for rejecting them flat out.  ;D

DD would not eat baby food at all - it was mushy/smooth and she wanted food she could bite!  At 4 months with teeth* coming through, her fave foods were the crusts from my toast, chips and rusks.  Even mash potato was not on!  So, after the first couple of jars of baby food got rejected, we just gave her pieces from our own plates.

*She self-weaned at 7.5 months from breast-feeding - best feeling I ever had!  Teeth from months old is not fun for Mummy!!
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown

Chipmunky

« Reply #6905 on: December 06, 2016, 01:02:35 PM »

*She self-weaned at 7.5 months from breast-feeding - best feeling I ever had!  Teeth from months old is not fun for Mummy!!

Younger Niece was born with a tooth, and Sister did not opt to have it pulled. She breast fed. YN would chomp down before being done, a sort of "get every last drop" maneuver. At first, Sister would flinch and say "[Younger Niece's name], don't bite, that hurts!"  After a while, she got used to it. But when she'd flinch, Older niece would come over and say to her X months old sibling "sissy, no biting!"

AliciaLynette

• fanfiction.net: OrnateDragon
« Reply #6906 on: December 06, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »

Younger Niece was born with a tooth, and Sister did not opt to have it pulled. She breast fed. YN would chomp down before being done, a sort of "get every last drop" maneuver. At first, Sister would flinch and say "[Younger Niece's name], don't bite, that hurts!"  After a while, she got used to it. But when she'd flinch, Older niece would come over and say to her X months old sibling "sissy, no biting!"

The biting itself I didn't mind, but I had a crack on one nipple, at an angle and every time she bit, it went across the crack!  3.5 months (plus the 3 weeks for it to heal completely) of a non-healing crack on my boob is painful!!
Children are natural mimics; they act like their parents in spite of every effort to teach them good manners.
Author Unknown