Author Topic: Signs that crack you up  (Read 269334 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Signs that crack you up
« Reply #1365 on: November 11, 2014, 09:30:46 PM »
In our neighborhood many businesses have blackboard signs on the sidewalk.  These may have daily specials listed or they might just have a quotation of some sort.  Usually, there's an Illustration. 

The local wine shop's sign today read 'Innocent grapes died for you!  Drink wine!'. The illustration was a bunch of grapes with 'Xs' for eyes.

The other day I saw a sign outside a liquor store which read "The liver is evil and it must be punished." I found that amusing.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1366 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:08 AM »
This wasn't a sign.  It was a reaction to a statement on a T-shirt. 

Mr. Thipu enjoys wearing shirts from Think Geek.  On our recent vacation he brought one that read 'Schroedinger's cat is dead' on the front and 'Schroedinger's cat is not dead' on the back.  There were a surprising number of people who were a bit judgmental. 

'You really don't like cats, do you?'. He stopped counting after the tenth comment but he still wore the shirt. 

Margo

« Reply #1367 on: November 20, 2014, 11:26:35 AM »
In our neighborhood many businesses have blackboard signs on the sidewalk.  These may have daily specials listed or they might just have a quotation of some sort.  Usually, there's an Illustration. 

The local wine shop's sign today read 'Innocent grapes died for you!  Drink wine!'. The illustration was a bunch of grapes with 'Xs' for eyes.

The other day I saw a sign outside a liquor store which read "The liver is evil and it must be punished." I found that amusing.

There is a wine shop near me which is housed in a really ugly modern warehouse style building, made worse by being close to some really lovely older buildings. Their sign reads "ugly building; Great Wine"

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #1368 on: November 25, 2014, 11:56:39 AM »
This might go in the grammar thread.

There's a bunch of signs up in my neighborhood advertising "Laminate flooring. $X per square foot. Installated."

Installated?  :o
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Dr. F.

« Reply #1369 on: November 25, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
A billboard in a town I visited recently, advertising a jeweler.

"Buy a diamond, get a free shotgun!"

Covering all contingencies, I see.

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1370 on: December 10, 2014, 04:57:39 PM »
An unfortunate photo crop made this toddler's first passport photo very memorable!

Story is here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/twitter-erupts-in-chuckles-over-toddler-s-passport-photo-1.2867370

(I didn't want to link directly to the image.)

The shirt was supposed to read "Eat, Sleep and be Merry".

Oops!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1371 on: December 16, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
I think the local wine shop may have finally lost it.  The chalk board outside the store today reads

'Rockin' around a crisp chablis'.

greencat

« Reply #1372 on: December 16, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »
I think the local wine shop may have finally lost it.  The chalk board outside the store today reads

'Rockin' around a crisp chablis'.

I see nothing wrong with this  >:D

baglady

• A big lass and a bonny lass and she loves her beer
« Reply #1373 on: December 18, 2014, 07:28:14 PM »
On a road I travel frequently, there's a veterinary office that's gone out of business.

There's a new sign out front that reads, "JUST MEAT."

At least I hope the veterinary office has gone out of business ...
My photography is on Redbubble! Come see: http://www.redbubble.com/people/baglady

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1374 on: December 21, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »
There's a vet's office that Mr. Sirius drives past on his commute that invariably has some of the worst (worst=groaners in this case) jokes about animals on its marquee.  He's seen the one about "Where does a 400-pound gorilla sit?  Anywhere he wants!" and "What does a snail say when it's riding a turtle?  WHEEE!"  along with the ads about shot clinics and spaying/neutering pets. 

JoW

« Reply #1375 on: January 15, 2015, 03:17:17 PM »
I had to pick up meds and food for my elderly cat.  About 100 feet from the Vet's office my route was blocked by a truck making a delivery.  I had to drive around another building to get to the office.

The sign on the side of the truck said "Rude Construction Company" 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:02:45 PM by JoW »