Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 802640 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #5745 on: Today at 04:53:35 PM »
I had some sort of weird reaction to the food at my work's Christmas party.  Felt like someone had laid a bed of nails--or tiny super sharp needles, to be more precise--across the inside of my entire torso and the needles were doing their best to push their way out through the skin. 

Several hours of writing in pain finally led to throwing up.

And let me tell you, Greek food the second time around?  Is deeeesgusting.  <shudder>

This sounds very similar to the reaction Mr. Sirius had when he was given sulfa.  This is how we discovered he was allergic to sulfa.  The only fortunate thing about this situation was that it happened while he was hospitalized for cellulitis in his leg, and the nurse was still in the room when the reaction started.  He said he was coherent enough to sign his own consent for having a central IV line placed, but aside from that he doesn't remember much for a couple of hours. 

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5746 on: Today at 05:16:11 PM »
DS (5 years old) and I have had some gastronomic distress the past week. I was helping him in the bathroom when he asked, "Mommy, why is my butt peeing?"
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #5747 on: Today at 05:31:47 PM »
DS (5 years old) and I have had some gastronomic distress the past week. I was helping him in the bathroom when he asked, "Mommy, why is my butt peeing?"

I think this is misposted... the "Things You Shouldn't Laugh At" thread is that-a-way.   ;D

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #5748 on: Today at 07:22:17 PM »

I think this is misposted... the "Things You Shouldn't Laugh At" thread is that-a-way.   ;D

Cross-posting... :)
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!