News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 31, 2016, 11:06:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...  (Read 60984 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
Re: My Cat Is Meowing/Shouting At Me Because...
« Reply #630 on: May 25, 2016, 09:57:05 PM »
April: because there are tasty-looking birds outside and I won't let her out to chase them.

Holly: because I am sitting down and clearly not doing anything important (by cat definitions), but I won't let her drape herself over my lap and arms or perch on my shoulder like a parrot.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Nikko-chan

« Reply #631 on: May 26, 2016, 03:05:08 AM »
Ciaran is not shouting or meowing.  I have a cable through my wall connecting for my internet. He is pulling on the cord from the outside making a godawful scraping noise. Guess I am not sleeping tonight.

nutraxfornerves

« Reply #632 on: May 26, 2016, 07:56:34 PM »
Savvie is swatting at me and meowing at 2 AM. She has probably deposited a toy on the bed so I can play with her. I reach down to grab the toy and toss it off the bed so I can go back to sleep.

Holy guacamole!!! That is not a cat toy. Leap out of bed and turn on the light. There is Savvie, proudly showing off her great accomplishment--a dead rat, so newly dispatched that it is still warm.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2016, 08:03:11 PM »
She wants to be brushed. Now.

I'm not sure about the other one. She just sitting next to me purring like mad. It's unusual because I am not her hooman, my DH is.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah