News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 24, 2017, 08:52:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Kids say the funniest things  (Read 428776 times)

Giraffe, Esq

Re: Kids say the funniest things
« Reply #1680 on: February 05, 2017, 11:12:57 PM »
I went to a Superbowl party and as people were leaving, a little girl (about 5 or 6?) came and told the host, "Thank you for having us."

The host responded, "Thank you for coming."

So naturally, she replied, "You're welcome!"

I think we kept our snickering hidden from her.   ;D

Team HoundMom

« Reply #1681 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:15 PM »
Okay so my great-nephew is 7 years old.  It seems that he wasn't expecting a salami sandwich in his lunch the other day.  His mom found the uneaten sandwich after school with a note that said "W.T.F. is this meat?" and a sad-face.  Apparently "...when confronted he said the F stood for "frick", which somehow makes it okay." 

It's been a few days and I'm still laughing.

Addy

« Reply #1682 on: February 13, 2017, 04:40:48 PM »
Okay so my great-nephew is 7 years old.  It seems that he wasn't expecting a salami sandwich in his lunch the other day.  His mom found the uneaten sandwich after school with a note that said "W.T.F. is this meat?" and a sad-face.  Apparently "...when confronted he said the F stood for "frick", which somehow makes it okay." 

It's been a few days and I'm still laughing.

Ha! A friend of mine had a similar conversation with her teenager, where she said "either you know what it means and you shouldn't be using it, or you don't know what it means and you shouldn't use words that you don't know the meaning of."

mandycorn

« Reply #1683 on: February 14, 2017, 03:02:30 PM »
My three and a half year old nephew is learning (sort of) about secrets. His new favorite thing is to do something an announce that whichever parent is not in the room "will neeeeeever know" (you have to draw out the never).

So far Daddy will neeeever know that nephew carried the bag with his lunch in it from the car to the door, Mommy will neeeeever know that his dirty socks are in the laundry basket, and Daddy will neeeever know he and Mommy made dessert.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

Addy

« Reply #1684 on: February 15, 2017, 04:06:26 AM »
My three and a half year old nephew is learning (sort of) about secrets. His new favorite thing is to do something an announce that whichever parent is not in the room "will neeeeeever know" (you have to draw out the never).

So far Daddy will neeeever know that nephew carried the bag with his lunch in it from the car to the door, Mommy will neeeeever know that his dirty socks are in the laundry basket, and Daddy will neeeever know he and Mommy made dessert.

Awww, that's adorable.

Miss Cathy

« Reply #1685 on: March 08, 2017, 05:11:41 AM »
My friend had a new kindergarten student who didn't speak English. She was also very unsettled and tearful on her first  days at school, and after my friend had tried to settle her for ages, she asked the teacher next door to watch her for a bit, while the rest of the class were started on a task. When the new student came back in, she started talking rapidly in her language. What was she saying? Well, according to the bilingual student who translated, " she says when she is big, she will put YOU in the next room".

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1686 on: March 08, 2017, 06:06:44 AM »
My friend had a new kindergarten student who didn't speak English. She was also very unsettled and tearful on her first  days at school, and after my friend had tried to settle her for ages, she asked the teacher next door to watch her for a bit, while the rest of the class were started on a task. When the new student came back in, she started talking rapidly in her language. What was she saying? Well, according to the bilingual student who translated, " she says when she is big, she will put YOU in the next room".

Is this something I shouldn't be laughing at? Because I am laughing. It is so adorable.

katiescarlett

« Reply #1687 on: March 09, 2017, 02:04:52 PM »
Ah, facebook memories. It just popped up yesterday of something my little sister, Ella, said when she was 7, nearly 8. She will be 12 at the end of this month, so it's been awhile. (It's a really long story, but Ella is biologically my niece, and my parents have had her since birth and adopted her at age 4)

Apparently, when Ella had woken up that morning, her hair had been curly from being braided the day before. I used to put her hair in braids a lot when she was little, because it was just so cute. She informed me that, "When I woke up this morning, Katie, my hair was so curly and beautiful! It makes me look like a natural woman!"

I had forgotten about that! So funny and cute!

Frog24

« Reply #1688 on: March 09, 2017, 11:17:22 PM »
6yo DD says politely at supper: "Mom, how was your day today?"
"My day was fine, sweetie, lots of meetings, but otherwise good.  How was your day today?"
*shrug* "It was okay..." She pauses to take a breath to continue and the 4yo jumps in.
"My day was a PAJAMA day!" She says excitedly. Her eyes are bright and she starts nodding enthusiastically. "I wore pajamas ALL day!" she then turns her attention back to her peas.

Gladly

« Reply #1689 on: March 15, 2017, 11:16:45 AM »
When my niece was about 2, she was given some chocolate cake at a family gathering (can't remember what the event was).  As was predictable there was cake everywhere amazingly quickly.  I jokingly told her that she had chocolate cake all over her face and she needed to wash quickly or the Robin, the dog, would lick it off for her.  She held out her plate to SIL and said "More choc-lick cake Mummy. For Robin!"

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1690 on: March 19, 2017, 11:21:51 AM »
We just got back from a cross-country trip to attend my grandfather's funeral. Babybartfast is 8; Bittybartfast is 4. They've met my mom's side of the family several times before, but it's understandable that Bittybartfast doesn't recognize or remember them.

So we meet up with my aunt and uncle and cousins and everyone's hugging and being all cheerful. My uncle kneels down on the floor and opens his arms to Bittybartfast for a hug. She hesitantly walks toward him and allows him to hug her. Then she pulls back and says (loudly) "Are you dead?"

Cue everyone choking (guess this fits the "shouldn't laugh at that" thread too) and my mom trying to explain that my uncle is her BROTHER but the funeral is for her DAD. Bittybartfast was a bit confused on that part.

No wonder she was shy about getting a hug - she thought she was hugging a ghost!

lilfox

« Reply #1691 on: April 10, 2017, 03:57:37 PM »
DH recently videoed our son (3) during some running around he was doing to burn off a sugar rush and carrying on a conversation during the pauses between sprints.  The whole exchange is gold, but the line that stuck out the most was DS saying "I'm full of super-fast ... things!"

He also was saying "super-speed ON" and touching his chest every time he took off, and "super-speed OFF" whenever he stopped.   ;D

turtleIScream

« Reply #1692 on: April 15, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »
My daughter (almost 17) has a rather unflattering haircut. I found out yesterday that she went with this style to cut down on the "old people" saying they love her hair and want to copy her style. We were talking about it this morning and she said, "I'm a teenager. I'm already likely to regret my life choices, so I may as well make them about something non-permanent like hair."
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1693 on: April 15, 2017, 08:47:30 AM »
Your daughter sounds wise beyond her years!

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #1694 on: April 15, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
I will have to get this saved to my computer, later, so you can see the actual picture...

My granddaughter, is 5 1/2. We were coloring the other day, and the picture she was coloring, she wanted to give to me and Papa. She had me write "To Grandma and Papa" on it and she signed her name.  I watched her write her name, Ava, but then she took and used the "V" and made a heart around the "A"s, and she called it Ava Love. I asked her who showed her how to do it. She says she showed her. This kid is too smart for her own good.