News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 21, 2017, 10:18:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart  (Read 1687421 times)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7260 on: Today at 04:23:35 AM »
Had my hip replacement surgery yesterday (yaaaay!). The painkillers Iím on are not so yay, Iíve thrown up four times.  :P

Oh ugh! That's the worst, especially when you're not so very mobile. Glad you are through the surgery, though!

It suuuuuucked.  :P Much better now, theyíve taken me off the heavy duty painkillers and I seem to be doing ok without them. Iím being good and doing my exercises!

Yes, my deepest sympathies about the side effects of the painkillers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

I did a lap of the ward on a wheelie walker just now! ;D Also managed a shower this morning, got a picture of my leg all covered in pink stain before I washed half of it off.

Yay! :D Sounds like you're already doing much better than before the surgery!

Oh heck yes. My surgeon told me that at three weeks post-surgery, all his patients have pain levels lower than before surgery; I reached that particular milestone on day 2.

And today is four days post-surgery, and they've sent me home. I'm walking awesomely on crutches, with the only hitch being when I have to go up or down stairs; I can actually walk just fine without the crutches, but they stop me from either going too fast or falling back into my old (bad) walking habits. (I no longer need to lurch like Quasimodo. ;D) The only painkiller I'm using is paracetamol; I have 'breakthrough' pain meds to take if something stupid happens, but they're the ones that make me throw up, so I'm not gonna if I don't hafta.
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Ser Lucien Liliane

• The Unsleeping Translator
    • My tumblr
Re: Gross out-- Not for the faint of heart
« Reply #7261 on: Today at 11:01:04 AM »
Oh heck yes. My surgeon told me that at three weeks post-surgery, all his patients have pain levels lower than before surgery; I reached that particular milestone on day 2.

And today is four days post-surgery, and they've sent me home. I'm walking awesomely on crutches, with the only hitch being when I have to go up or down stairs; I can actually walk just fine without the crutches, but they stop me from either going too fast or falling back into my old (bad) walking habits. (I no longer need to lurch like Quasimodo. ;D) The only painkiller I'm using is paracetamol; I have 'breakthrough' pain meds to take if something stupid happens, but they're the ones that make me throw up, so I'm not gonna if I don't hafta.

I know this feeling. ;D Every single surgery I've had (two ankles, one wrist, hysterectomy and a scattering of oral surgeries) I've also hit the "wait, wasn't this supposed to hurt more for longer?" milestone sooner than expected...

My mum still thinks I'm not right in the head for going grocery shopping the very day after I came home from the hysterectomy though. ;D
"Ah, yes. I forgot you've taken levels in Defeating Paperwork."