Author Topic: My Child Is Crying Because...  (Read 5154 times)

Jones

Re: My Child Is Crying Because...
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2014, 04:34:17 PM »
Yup I don't feel bad about the skirts, they aren't frilly at all and I look for boyish patterns. We call them kilts and he's happy to wear them around the house. The difference in potty training has been so noticeable I wish we'd started this weeks ago.

I too would like to see the kilted elk.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2014, 02:16:28 PM »

I was eyeing the Elk during the Hall Rental discussion.  The coordinator said to me sharply, "You can NOT hide the Elk, and we will not remove him."  I said, "No, I was trying to think of how to highlight him."  My first thought had been throwing some tulle over him sort of like a veil.  Then someone pointed out that he was a he.  Therefore the Kilt.  In his horns is the matching sash type thing. 

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2014, 07:48:40 PM »
My first thought was that he needs a sporran. All the best-dressed elks have them. :P
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
The elk probably would have, if he'd had one that went with it.  My wedding gift to him was a mink sporran that I made out of an old mink stole that I bought off e-bay.  The flap on the sporran is two heads and three tails.   His other sporran is decrepit and orange. 
That is not a flattering photo of the flowers.