Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 387577 times)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1365 on: May 09, 2012, 01:32:02 PM »
Assault is never funny, unless it involves a cameraman and a parrot.
http://youtu.be/9T1vfsHYiKY

ROFL a rare sighting indeed!  The cameraman's face lol .. and the narrator just watched.
And he's so cute, too! That little green face...

He is pretty adorable. i love parrots. And I have no problem laughing at the poor camera man.

It makes me sad to watch since those birds are so helpless. I hope some group figures out how to help them, since its people messing with their home that made them so endangered.
I hope you folks realize, that was boy parrot who thought the photograper was a girl parrot.  The parrot was trying to play scrabble with the photographer.

Absolutely. But he's still pretty cute.

-Kimblee, who a few times noticed her cockatiel getting "busy" with her hand or elbow and chose to ignore it until he was done.

@Vorpal Bunny- Maybe 'tiels are all exibitionists. Sweetie Pie liked to get hot and heavy with my elbow best when I had company. He also liked to shag my beanie babies.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1366 on: May 09, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »
I had a rabbit, Snowflake, who *courted* the hot pink duster my mom used back then.  If he thought that was a female rabbit, he was color blind.  Well, he was a California Rabbit, which have pink eyes and white fur with dark grey points, so he probably was color blind.  Still, it wasn't even a feather duster, but made out of some synthetic fluffy wool.

We never let him *finish.*  We needed to use the duster to dust afterwards.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1367 on: May 09, 2012, 01:59:12 PM »

We never let him *finish.*  We needed to use the duster to dust afterwards.

That must have been one frustrated bunny!   :)

gingerzing

« Reply #1368 on: May 09, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
A few things from my dad's funeral. 

My dad passed away on a Tuesday afternoon.  It was not a sudden thing, so many of the family were able to come say "good bye" and make arrangements to come to one of the services.  (We had three actually, which is weird, I know)
After a day of getting stuff set up at the funeral home, the family was sitting around trying to figure out hymns that Dad would have liked sung.  We were looking for 3 and had picked 2 at that point.  After several minutes of blank stares, my aunt (Mom's sister) and I had the same song cross our minds.  And without thinking that my paternal grandparents were in the room, we both started singing "dead skunk in the middle of the road" and then giggled uncontrollably. 
*Note, my dad sang this quite often durning the summer while driving *

The next day, I went with my aunt (same one) to go visit her son who lives in the same BigCity as my mom, but not near her.  Cousin is my age and worked as a tech for a large retail store.  Aunty was paying for some glasses for Cousin and took us out to lunch.  As we were sitting there with our food, Aunty says something to Cousin about coming to my mom's for supper that week because she knew he wouldn't be able to take time off for the services.  She rambled a bit and Cousin looked blankly at her.  "What are you talking about?"  It dawned on us that with all the phone calls the two days before, she had forgotten to call him.  Aunty then exclaimed quite loudly, "Oh, that's right.  We didn't tell you that Uncle Zing died."  And then we started laughing like fools. 
The table nearest to us was really weirded out. 

We had to wait to bury my dad's ashes because he died in early January and we wanted to wait for the ground to thaw.  (Cheaper rate from cemetary apparently.)  Mom moved into an apartment about 3-4 months after Dad passed.  While Mom was moving some books into her apartment, the front door kept slamming shut.   *two points here.  She was keeping the ashes box in a large pink Mary Kay bag.  :o   And she kept the bag under a bench in the front foyer.  (oh of course she did) *
She was getting frustrated and saw the bag that held the box Dad's ashes were in. And she said that all she heard in her head was Dad saying "I don't care what the job is, as long as I am useful." 
So instead of the old show called "My Mother the Car", it was a case of  "My Dad, the Doorstop"   ;D    The whole thing was hilarious to me.   And we never told my grandmother about either the pink bag nor the doorstop.  (the skunk song was bad enough)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #1369 on: May 09, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »

gingerzing, that is awesome that you can laugh about stuff like that.

My mom keeps insiting that we have to play "Another One Bites the Dust" at her funeral. There is a coreographed dance to go with the chorus bit.  :o
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #1370 on: May 09, 2012, 06:20:54 PM »

My mom keeps insiting that we have to play "Another One Bites the Dust" at her funeral. There is a coreographed dance to go with the chorus bit.  :o

At my stepdad's funeral we played "Shiny Happy People" by REM.

It still makes me a little misty to hear.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

PaintingPastelPrincess

• She of 3 P's
« Reply #1371 on: May 09, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »

When I was 8 or so, I was FURIOUS with my mom over something or other.  So, I told her at her funeral, I would play "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead."

She has since made me promise to actually play it, but only to tell the story AFTER the song is over. ::)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1372 on: May 09, 2012, 10:36:19 PM »

At my stepdad's funeral we played "Shiny Happy People" by REM.

It still makes me a little misty to hear.

Where do I start with the songs we played?  "I Like My Women A Little On The Trashy Side", "Godzilla", "How Bizarre", "Piano Man", "Cover Of The Rolling Stones", "Signs", et cetera...
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #1373 on: May 10, 2012, 02:13:10 AM »

When I was 8 or so, I was FURIOUS with my mom over something or other.  So, I told her at her funeral, I would play "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead."

She has since made me promise to actually play it, but only to tell the story AFTER the song is over. ::)

Not quite as interesting a choice as that one, but... at my much-loved grandmother's funeral, my brother recited her favourite poem "Grandma's Off Her Rocker".
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

gingerzing

« Reply #1374 on: May 10, 2012, 11:44:56 AM »
Anybody else picture the wedding scene in 'The Princess Bride' while watching the Royal Wedding?

Yeah, that was good for a few giggles.

Mawwige...

Mawwidge is what bwings us twogevvew...  today.

Just found this one and remembered my friend's wedding. 
I went with a couple male friends who sat on either side of me.  Jules walks up the aisle in her lovely gown.  Her soon-to-be husband meets her at the front.  They turn to the minister and he starts the service....

"Mawage, that bwessed awangment,..."  I have no idea what else for about 5 minutes because I couldn't breath for fear my giggles would overtake the ceremony.  As I calm down, I hear...

"So tweasure your wuv..."  Both guys elbow me HARD.  So I miss most the rest of the sermon.

Found out later the pastor was from Lithuania or some such and that was how he talked.  I near-wept when I had to shake hands with him at the reception.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1375 on: May 10, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Anybody else picture the wedding scene in 'The Princess Bride' while watching the Royal Wedding?

Yeah, that was good for a few giggles.

Mawwige...

Mawwidge is what bwings us twogevvew...  today.

Just found this one and remembered my friend's wedding. 
I went with a couple male friends who sat on either side of me.  Jules walks up the aisle in her lovely gown.  Her soon-to-be husband meets her at the front.  They turn to the minister and he starts the service....

"Mawage, that bwessed awangment,..."  I have no idea what else for about 5 minutes because I couldn't breath for fear my giggles would overtake the ceremony.  As I calm down, I hear...

"So tweasure your wuv..."  Both guys elbow me HARD.  So I miss most the rest of the sermon.

Found out later the pastor was from Lithuania or some such and that was how he talked.  I near-wept when I had to shake hands with him at the reception.

Oh word.  I would have had to leave.  There is absolutely no way I would have held it together.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1376 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:40 PM »
Me either!!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1377 on: May 14, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »
I shouldn't have laughed at Dark Boyfriend, but really, if you have a severe aversion to smells, why would you open a refrigerator (that still had food in it) you know has been off for almost a month?

The full story is posted in the Gross Out thread, and Uh...ya, don't do that for Dark Boyfriend's part.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

vorbau

• walking around naked doesn't make you an emperor
« Reply #1378 on: May 14, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »

Not quite as interesting a choice as that one, but... at my much-loved grandmother's funeral, my brother recited her favourite poem "Grandma's Off Her Rocker".

Gingerzing, thank you for the best laugh I have had in months, and one which could not have been more desperately needed. Jan (my dad's companion)'s dogs heard me laughing and came running in here to see what was wrong.

My mother made me promise to put her red hat and her favorite t-shirt in her casket. The shirt had a pair of sequined red shoes on it and the caption "I just haven't been the same since they dropped that house on my sister." (Mom's sister, BTW, did not predecease her and did *NOT* think that was funny.)
Let's roll. (And you can't scare me; I've had teenagers.)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1379 on: May 14, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
Now that it has happened, I feel really badly for the guy on the other end of the phone.

I answered the phone and he ask for Dark Dad.  I was so taken aback and confused that I blurted out, "He's dead."  Then I started to laugh as the guy began to profusely apologize.  I immediately realized that I probably sent the poor guy into shock and started to backpedal (so to speak) rather quickly.  "Oh, he's been dead for a few years, don't worry about it *as he is apologizing to me*."  Unfortunately, I just kept laughing as I explained to him that it really wasn't a big deal, no need to apologize, he just caught me off guard and sorry I'm still laughing, but when he asked for Dark Dad I was completely surprised.  I'm still kind of laughing at it, I won't lie.