A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Things that you just should NOT laugh at.

<< < (307/414) > >>

parrot_girl:
I have one!
My DS is 16 months and has really hit the trantruming phase. If he is cross, unhappy, frustrated, or his will slighted in any way, he will crouch down and bang his head on the floor. (if he doesn't know how hard the floor surface is, he'll do it very very gently at first, giving the impression that this screeching banshee lunatic toddler is just interrupting this tantrum to pray to Mecca.)
The other day we went to the pool. There is a 50 metre lap pool, 2 metres deep at one end; a children's pool where all the lessons are, about 1 metre deep; and a toddler pool that's 30cm deep at one end and just covers your toes at the other end. DS, of course, toddled straight for the lap pool, the deep end no less, and was OUTRAGED when I scooped him up and took him to the toddler pool. Straight into tantrum mode, yelling, shrieking and going for the "whack my head on the floor" routine.
He got a mouthful of water and sat up coughing and spluttering and sneezing. And then he did it again!
I am a terrible mother, because watching my son half drown himself in the name of completing his tantie was the funniest thing I've seen in months. :D

Shea:

--- Quote from: parrot_girl on January 02, 2013, 06:17:20 AM ---I have one!
My DS is 16 months and has really hit the trantruming phase. If he is cross, unhappy, frustrated, or his will slighted in any way, he will crouch down and bang his head on the floor. (if he doesn't know how hard the floor surface is, he'll do it very very gently at first, giving the impression that this screeching banshee lunatic toddler is just interrupting this tantrum to pray to Mecca.)
The other day we went to the pool. There is a 50 metre lap pool, 2 metres deep at one end; a children's pool where all the lessons are, about 1 metre deep; and a toddler pool that's 30cm deep at one end and just covers your toes at the other end. DS, of course, toddled straight for the lap pool, the deep end no less, and was OUTRAGED when I scooped him up and took him to the toddler pool. Straight into tantrum mode, yelling, shrieking and going for the "whack my head on the floor" routine.
He got a mouthful of water and sat up coughing and spluttering and sneezing. And then he did it again!
I am a terrible mother, because watching my son half drown himself in the name of completing his tantie was the funniest thing I've seen in months. :D

--- End quote ---

I don't blame you for laughing! Just reading about it made me laugh so loudly I woke BF. It's okay, he had to get up soon anyway >:D.

Elisabunny:
A filler article for my newspaper (yes, I still have one) had the headline "Four People Exposed to Rabid Llama."   I know rabies is very serious, but somehow, to me, rabies+llama=incredibly funny.  Especially since the exposure consisted of the llama spitting on them. ;D

Thipu1:
Warning.  This is long.

Mr. Thipu and his father belonged to a Chinese engineering club.  Every year, they had a long weekend meeting at a hotel.  One year, they met at the Nevele in the Catskills.

For those who don't know it, the Catskills were called the Borscht Belt because it was an area with many resort hotels that had a primarily Jewish clientele.  A common entertainment feature were stand-up comics who would tell jokes in English with the punch line in Yiddish.  This is important.

The engineering club meeting was held in the off season and they had the hotel almost to themselves. After dinner, everyone retreated to the show lounge for the entertainment.  Mr. Thipu and some of the other younger members took a table near the stage.  The dance band plays for a
 while, the crooner sings and then the comic comes out. 

He sees nothing but Asian faces.  At that point, he must have thought, 'I'm doomed' but carried on anyway.  Mr. Thipu and his friends didn't get the Yiddish but they did get the absurdity of the situation and started laughing in sympathy so the performance wasn't a complete fiasco.

Octavia:
This would probably fit in the Brain-Hurt Thread as well.

Over 10 years ago I regularly worked on construction-related projects in a field office. We all had desktop computers that ran Microsoft Windows. "James," the office manager was also an architect who spend a lot of time on his computer sending e-mails and such. Several months into the project, James complained to the administrative assistant, "Linda," that his computer was running very slowly. He went to lunch while Linda took a look at his computer. She discovered that James had never rebooted his computer since day one, nor had he ever closed a window for a document or an application - he just kept opening more and more windows.  :o

The rest of us were not privy to this until hearing Linda laughing so hard that she was at first too speechless to explain what she had found. Cue uncontrolled laughter from the rest of us. We fortunately regained our composure by the time James returned from lunch, and Linda tried to explain to him how to use Windows. He still did not understand.

Then there was the time James' computer was not working at all, and he asked for help. The problem? The computer's power plug had worked itself loose. We shouldn't have laughed at him behind his back, but it was so hard not to! Now that I'm older and turn to children for tech support with newer electronic devices, I can sympathize with poor James.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version