A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Things that you just should NOT laugh at.

<< < (310/408) > >>

Bottlecaps:

--- Quote from: LadyClaire on December 28, 2012, 11:57:23 AM ---My Mom recently got a new set of kitchen chairs. They're metal and were lots-of-assembly-required. Mom didn't like the fabric that was covering the seats, so she had my husband leave the seats off of the chair frames until she could find a different fabric for them.

One of Mom's cats likes to jump from the counter top to the fridge, and then will usually jump from the fridge to the chair when it wants to get down. Well, the cat didn't realize that the new chairs don't have seats on them yet. It was like cat basketball. The cat jumped off the fridge, aimed for the chair, and went straight through the empty space where the seat is supposed to go. The look of confusion was priceless.

--- End quote ---

LOL!!!! Like a typical cat, my cat Petey loves to jump up onto things. One of his favorite places to jump is up onto the computer desk, because there's a window he likes to sit and look out of behind the computer. He'll jump up there, get behind the computer, work the curtain open with his little paws and stick his head in, and watch out the window for hours. Well, the other night I'm sitting on the couch right beside the computer desk and Mr. Bottlecaps is on the computer. Petey goes to jump up onto the back corner of the computer desk -  only he doesn't realize there's a stack of papers on the computer desk. Unable to get a grip, his paws just slide and slide, him desperately, frantically trying to get a grip, papers flying everywhere, and he just falls straight down onto the floor. This all happened within just a few seconds. I felt so bad for him, as he fell on his side, but we couldn't help but crack up. The kicker was how embarrassed my poor Petey looked, LOL. He slinked away and hid for the rest of the night!

Tashigi:
On the mild side...

My landlady likes to read out odd articles from the newspaper every so often because we both share a somewhat twisted sense of humor.

Today -
LL: Well! This is a sign that they plan out their articles and layout early.
Me: Why?
LL: In the Travel section, they have a big front page article on cruise ship deals and upgrades.

In light of the Carnival cruiseship fiasco only being resolved today... I really have to wonder if someone at that office actually thought this edition through!

turtleIScream:
Headline on our local news website - "fire crews battling large blaze at crematorium". The article further states that there are no injuries reported. I can.not.stop giggling.

mmswm:

--- Quote from: turtleIScream on February 23, 2013, 07:02:25 PM ---Headline on our local news website - "fire crews battling large blaze at crematorium". The article further states that there are no injuries reported. I can.not.stop giggling.

--- End quote ---

So glad I wasn't eating when I read that. It could have been messy.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: turtleIScream on February 23, 2013, 07:02:25 PM ---Headline on our local news website - "fire crews battling large blaze at crematorium". The article further states that there are no injuries reported. I can.not.stop giggling.

--- End quote ---

I actually cackled at that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version