A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Things that you just should NOT laugh at.

<< < (326/423) > >>

Bethczar:

--- Quote from: Tashigi on May 01, 2013, 08:47:31 PM ---I'm not a Reddit regular but sometimes, I glance over there. Here's this for dark comedy: Based on the nature of their character, which Muppet would have the highest probable factor of successfully assassinating Hitler? http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1dcpjr/based_on_the_nature_of_their_character_which/

I particularly recommend the Statler and Waldorf thread for the darkest bits.

--- End quote ---
CRUD MONKEYS!, I'm crying from laughing!

Mental Magpie:
A friend posted on her Facebook how she was trying to teach her children (younger than 10) to be more aware of our impact on the environment.  Her son showed her a picture of a whale and she said, "Yes, honey, they're beautiful animals, aren't they?"  Her son apparently got a very sad look on his face and shook his head, "Yeah, but not when they're dead."

White Dragon:
This could go in one of several threads, so stuck it here.

Last night we took my parents out to dinner.
The event was a dinner (a delicious gourment buffet) followed by a stage show.
The entire evening was about 4 1/2 hours long.

During the evening, the theatre provided us with carafes of bottled water on the table.
It was a long night and we drank several carafes of water.

We got to talking about these lovely glass bottles and wondered about purchasing one as my mom has been looking for a glass pitcher or carafe for her fridge.

As we discussed the pros and cons of getting one, we realized that the carafe was really quite tall and perhaps would not fit in her fridge.

So my mom laid it down to see if the stopper was secure enough to store it that way.
Unfortunately, mom did not check to see if the stopper was actually fastened prior to taking a very full, large bottle of water and laying it down on the table.
With the neck pointed directly at her.
And the end hanging over the edge of the table.
And straight into her lap!  :o

It could not have been better executed if she had intended to pour a large amount of cold water into her lap!  ::)

Fortunately, it was dark as were her clothes. By the time she had to stand up, everything had dried.  :)

exitzero:
Co worker had 2 moving violations. She was petrified that she would get a third, because in our state, 3 moving violations in a year and you have to take an all day driver education class and pay for it yourself.

She drove so carefully....until the day someone in front of her stopped and she was in a hurry, so she beeped her horn. And she got a ticket for beeping her horn. I never HEARD of anyone getting a ticket for beeping their horn!

I tried my hardest to drum up some sympathy, but I just laughed and laughed.

PS, She tried to fight it, but lost. Apparently it's labeled "Misuse of a Motor Vehicle". Who knew?

Tashigi:

--- Quote from: exitzero on May 08, 2013, 08:01:13 PM ---Co worker had 2 moving violations. She was petrified that she would get a third, because in our state, 3 moving violations in a year and you have to take an all day driver education class and pay for it yourself.

She drove so carefully....until the day someone in front of her stopped and she was in a hurry, so she beeped her horn. And she got a ticket for beeping her horn. I never HEARD of anyone getting a ticket for beeping their horn!

I tried my hardest to drum up some sympathy, but I just laughed and laughed.

PS, She tried to fight it, but lost. Apparently it's labeled "Misuse of a Motor Vehicle". Who knew?

--- End quote ---

In NYC - though they are starting to take the signs down because it's a near lost cause, apparently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version