A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Humor Me!

Things that you just should NOT laugh at.

<< < (337/388) > >>

Fliss:

When swimming on Australian beaches, pay attention to the bluebottle jellyfish warnings. Otherwise you might go for a cooling dip, only to run screaming out of the water ripping your swimmers off and dancing what looks like a tarantulla.

While you will get some sympathy, there will also be quite a bit of sniggering.

Nikko-chan:

--- Quote from: Fliss on June 14, 2013, 11:28:04 PM ---
When swimming on Australian beaches, pay attention to the bluebottle jellyfish warnings. Otherwise you might go for a cooling dip, only to run screaming out of the water ripping your swimmers off and dancing what looks like a tarantulla.

--- End quote ---

ow.

Julian:

--- Quote from: Nikko-chan on June 15, 2013, 10:58:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Fliss on June 14, 2013, 11:28:04 PM ---

--- End quote ---

ow.

--- End quote ---

Indeed.  Those little blighters HURT!  I've only been stung once, a tendril of one that wrapped around my finger.  It burnt for hours.

Midnight Kitty:

--- Quote from: VorFemme on June 14, 2013, 07:47:22 PM ---You've heard the expression "ants in your pants"?  Ants in your bra will really distract you!
--- End quote ---
This incident occurred several years ago when Misty (now an 8 y.o. mare) was a silly filly.  We kept her in a fairly remote, isolated part of the ranch.  I was going to take her for a walkabout when I decided to change shirts.  I put the new shirt down, took off my glasses, took off the shirt I was wearing, and then I put the new shirt on.  We hadn't walked for a minute when I felt ants crawling and biting me.  I looked down and saw that I must have put the shirt down on a fire ant hole/nest.  I dropped Misty's lead rope and started jumping, slapping, and pulling off my shirt.  Fortunately she didn't wander off to the nearest tasty-lookin' clump of grass.  I think she was amused at my antics. >:D

Nikko-chan:
*Snicker* I just have to tell you guys this one. I shouldn't laugh at it, really I shouldn't, but I crack up every time I think of it.

So The Boyfriend and I were walking through the neighborhood with the Jasper puppy, and on the way back we had to take the long route home to avoid an unleashed dog. We were walking by a fence and these people have dogs which weren't out, so no barking dogs to contend with to make my puppy nervous, and there were no people around. I took this opportunity to give The Boyfriend a very passionate lip lock.**

The Boyfriend literally stumbled on his feet as though he were drunk for a few seconds, before telling me to not do that again as it raises his blood pressure.  :o Okay. I won't. But that image of him stumbling about for a second will forever be burned into my retinas.

**I should note that I am The Boyfriend's first girlfriend ever, which might also explain why he stumbled a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version