Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 323939 times)

Reika

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1845 on: January 07, 2014, 09:15:21 PM »
Granted down here in Florida it's not as cold as other parts of the US, but it is a bit chilly which doesn't help our bathroom which is normally chilly anyway. When mom and I got home she went to use the bathroom. All of a sudden she yells "OH POO! That's COLD!"

Yes, that was from the toilet seat. She then stated that it felt like an icy spike was driven up her rear end.

I, being the horrible daughter that I am, started to laugh myself silly.

snowfire

« Reply #1846 on: January 07, 2014, 09:46:17 PM »
One of the many reasons I love our place in the mountains is the geothermal water.  It is a really nice thing in the winter to have a WARM toilet seat.  ;D

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1847 on: January 07, 2014, 09:55:50 PM »
We have a freeze related water problem. On Facebook:

Jon: Where did the water end up?

Lucas: Inside Jon

(Another example that commas are very important. Lucas did not enjoy my, um, jocularity.)

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1848 on: January 07, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »

(Another example that commas are very important. Lucas did not enjoy my, um, jocularity.)

Today the Good Ethnic Boy was snickering at a t-shirt design:

"Let's Eat, Grandma!"
COMMAS SAVE LIVES!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1849 on: January 07, 2014, 11:09:07 PM »

Today the Good Ethnic Boy was snickering at a t-shirt design:

"Let's Eat, Grandma!"
COMMAS SAVE LIVES!

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
« Reply #1850 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:21 PM »
DD was playing a game where she describes herself. So she was asking things like, "Is Sophie* smart?" and I would answer yes, she is smart. The game went on for a while until she got playful.

DD: Is Sophie beautiful?
Me: Yes, you're beautiful.
DD: Is I beautiful?
Me: Yes, you're very beautiful.
DD: Ha ha ha, I not Sophie, I Woody (and she grabbed the character doll from the Toy Story movie)
Me: Well, Woodys are beautiful too.

*not her real name
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #1851 on: January 08, 2014, 01:31:21 PM »
DD was playing a game where she describes herself. So she was asking things like, "Is Sophie* smart?" and I would answer yes, she is smart. The game went on for a while until she got playful.

DD: Is Sophie beautiful?
Me: Yes, you're beautiful.
DD: Is I beautiful?
Me: Yes, you're very beautiful.
DD: Ha ha ha, I not Sophie, I Woody (and she grabbed the character doll from the Toy Story movie)
Me: Well, Woodys are beautiful too.

*not her real name

Also applicable for the "Things that sound dirty" thread.  ;D

snowfire

« Reply #1852 on: January 08, 2014, 04:00:33 PM »
Had to laugh at myself today.  The vehicle ahead of me at a stoplight was one of those really jacked up mini pickups.  It was so lifted that you would have needed a four foot ladder to get in.  Dangling from the receiver hitch were the ubiquitous plastic "dangly bits", only these were green.  I'll admit that the first thought through my head was "Compensating much???"  >:D  But the second thought was "Dang, better get those whacked off before the gangrene spreads..."

Slinking off thataway---->

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1853 on: January 08, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
Had to laugh at myself today.  The vehicle ahead of me at a stoplight was one of those really jacked up mini pickups.  It was so lifted that you would have needed a four foot ladder to get in.  Dangling from the receiver hitch were the ubiquitous plastic "dangly bits", only these were green.  I'll admit that the first thought through my head was "Compensating much???"  >:D  But the second thought was "Dang, better get those whacked off before the gangrene spreads..."

Could have been worse - if they were blue, they'd be euphemistically saying quite a bit about the driver's scrabble life  :P

OSUJillyBean

« Reply #1854 on: January 08, 2014, 06:48:24 PM »

Could have been worse - if they were blue, they'd be euphemistically saying quite a bit about the driver's scrabble life  :P

Probably because they can't play the game properly, what with their wooden piece only holding about 3 scrabble tiles instead of the regulation 7.   ;D

*new*mommyagain36

« Reply #1855 on: January 10, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
Yesterday at lunch I got quite an eyeful.  I had just returned to my car in the parking lot when some movement in my rearview mirror caught my eye.  A gentleman had returned to his truck and as he approached the drivers side door he paused, looked around and turned his back towards my car and began to scratch his butt thoroughly with both hands.  This went on for several seconds before he looked around again and climbed into his vehicle.  I had to chuckle because not only did he check for witnesses twice (!) but never considered there might be people in the cars parked across from his but also because this entire show was being witnessed in my REAR view mirror!  Ha Ha!
"Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything.  14% of people know that" - Homer Simpson

nuit93

« Reply #1856 on: January 10, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »

Probably because they can't play the game properly, what with their wooden piece only holding about 3 scrabble tiles instead of the regulation 7.   ;D

And there goes my keyboard.  :D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1857 on: January 11, 2014, 01:30:31 PM »
This.  I laughed so hard at this video of a little girl who is meeting her dad's twin brother for the first time.  The alarm in her face as you can see her trying to figure out how there's suddenly two of her daddy in the room, then she's looking back and forth between them, not sure who she wants to be clinging to . . .

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1858 on: January 11, 2014, 02:07:57 PM »
This.  I laughed so hard at this video of a little girl who is meeting her dad's twin brother for the first time.  The alarm in her face as you can see her trying to figure out how there's suddenly two of her daddy in the room, then she's looking back and forth between them, not sure who she wants to be clinging to . . .

That was so funny.   :D :D
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1859 on: January 12, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »
DH: "Slartibartfast, I need some help!"
Me: (coming into the kitchen) "What's up?"
DH: "Bittybartfast is rebelling against the containment regime."
*I round the kitchen island to see Bittybartfast (age 19 months) sitting on the floor in her BRAND NEW I-JUST-PUT-THEM-ON-HER-FIVE-MINUTES-AGO clean clothes, with an adult-sized bowl of baked beans and a toddler spoon in front of her, absolutely covered in baked beans.  (As is the floor, and one side of the kitchen island.)
Me: "Why did you give her a bowl of baked beans?"
DH: "We were sharing it.  It was going pretty well until she stuck her hand in it."
Me: "Why didn't you put a bib on her?"
DH: *long pause* "Oh."
Me: "This is entirely on your head." *goes back to eHell to post this*

So yeah, probably shouldn't laugh, but now DH is trying to catch a very slimy, sticky Bittybartfast, who has figured out there's some sort of chasing game going on, and he's going to have to completely strip her down and probably at least stick her clothes in the sink to soak as well.  And I feel absolutely zero need to step in . . .

(ETA: turns out DH's version of "clean up the mess" is to let the dogs in.  I'm hoping he removes Bittybartfast from the area first, or she's going to be a very unhappy baby . . .)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:10:40 PM by Slartibartfast »