Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 334138 times)

parrot_girl

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1905 on: March 16, 2014, 06:52:11 AM »
My 2.5 DS, Budgie, is going through a biting phase. His father, me and his daycare are all working together to stop this, and I am naturally a bit anxious about it. So, the other day I arrived to pick him up from care and had the following conversation:
Me: "How was Budgie today?"
Carer: "Oh, he was great today! Well, he bit one child in the morning and another one in the afternoon, but apart from that he had a great day!"

All I could think was "Well, I'm glad he didn't try to eat anyone for lunch..."

Jones

« Reply #1906 on: March 16, 2014, 12:18:46 PM »
When Gidget the Chihuahua met the bummer lamb, a weak and wobbly thing a day old, she didn't know what to think. As Lamby took a wobbly step towards her, she backed away. Lamby took two more steps and Gidget turned and ran. Lamby, sensing a game afoot, skipped away and chased Gidget around the dining table.

Seeing the tiny dog run away from a long legged, wobbly baby who probably doesn't outweigh her at all was very funny.

They are getting to know each other from a distance now.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1907 on: March 16, 2014, 01:54:22 PM »
When Gidget the Chihuahua met the bummer lamb, a weak and wobbly thing a day old, she didn't know what to think. As Lamby took a wobbly step towards her, she backed away. Lamby took two more steps and Gidget turned and ran. Lamby, sensing a game afoot, skipped away and chased Gidget around the dining table.

Seeing the tiny dog run away from a long legged, wobbly baby who probably doesn't outweigh her at all was very funny.

They are getting to know each other from a distance now.

Oh! I so wish you had a video of that! I'll bet you do, too. Thanks for the mental image.

Jones

« Reply #1908 on: March 16, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
Definitely wish I'd been faster with the camera. Caught us all off guard!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1909 on: March 17, 2014, 09:13:41 PM »
We have an antique clock hanging in our living room. Not big and not terribly accurate, either.  Anyway, middle child decided to try and teach youngest child the word "clock". As you can probably guess, it didn't come out that way.

So here's our little guy saying "clock" only without the "l" and wondering why we're trying not to giggle.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1910 on: March 18, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
We have an antique clock hanging in our living room. Not big and not terribly accurate, either.  Anyway, middle child decided to try and teach youngest child the word "clock". As you can probably guess, it didn't come out that way.

So here's our little guy saying "clock" only without the "l" and wondering why we're trying not to giggle.

My good friend's little boy loooooved (and still loves) clocks. Pointed out every. single. one. when we went out. He didn't quite have the 'l' down either. She was mortified. I was trying to cover my giggles by about the fourth or fifth time.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #1911 on: March 18, 2014, 10:46:03 AM »

My good friend's little boy loooooved (and still loves) clocks. Pointed out every. single. one. when we went out. He didn't quite have the 'l' down either. She was mortified. I was trying to cover my giggles by about the fourth or fifth time.

Oh, my!  I didn't realize how fortunate I am.  My daughter (19 months) loves to say "clock" as well, but for her it comes out more like "dot."  She even gets frustrated if I'm not wearing my watch and pats my wrist saying "Dot dot dot dot dot!" as if to remind me.  :)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1912 on: March 18, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »
My BIL's leg was crushed in a motorcycle accident many years ago. His femur was held together for a year by a titanium rod, which was removed after the bone regrew.

He used it as a jack handle.

I am coming late to this thread very late, but have to add:  I am an avid rider. Unrelated to riding (I fell on ice) I broke my ankle badly and had to have surgical repair including a titanium plate and screws.  A year later, these were removed and now the plate is affixed to my saddle in the place one usually has a nameplate.  When asked about the no-name metal plate I tell people it's to remind me never to get on a horse named "Bucky", even if he IS a buckskin.  Some people get it and laugh nervously, some look at me blankly.  People who know me ask how my back is.....I really did have a spectacular crash off Buckaroo Banzai.
Actually, it reminds me not to take silly chances.  I have ridden Zoom, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Bucky, Voodoo, and owned "Wild Nights".  Gave up jumping horses when I realized I not only HAVE a favorite orthopedic surgeon, he recognizes me at the grocer's.

Not quite as exciting but the Gentleman Friend had a condition that resulted in one of his legs being about 1-2 inches shorter than the other. He, being the vain teenager that he was, opted to have shorter leg stretched instead of having the longer leg cut down to size (also, actually the more practical plan because having the longer leg cut would have resulted in him having a pin in his femur for the rest of his life, making any future air travel something of an ordeal).

His idea of breaking the ice one boring afternoon was to hand me one of the screws used in stretching his leg.

I had a boss who was in an airplane crash due to Foreign Object Damage (FOD) taking out his landing gear (the hydraulics got blocked) - he gave a LOT of FOD lectures after that with a long metal pin from one of his legs as a prop (broke both legs and one arm, or was it the other way around? = any way - he was in the hospital for a LONG time).  He was a military pilot - who almost lost his career to someone "forgetting" their pencil/pen for the checklist in his plane's landing gear...

Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

greencat

« Reply #1913 on: March 18, 2014, 01:02:02 PM »
Last night, it was raining pretty hard, but it hadn't been actually storming - I hadn't seen lightning nor heard any thunder.  About 2AM, shortly after I turned the lights our for bed, there was one bright flash of lightning and loud crack of thunder.  The cats went skittering - with accompanying crashing noises.  The dog bolted from where he was sleeping near my bed and jumped over the piles of boxes in my closet.  Eighty pounds of Labrador does not do this quietly.  He looked rather embarrassed when I turned on the light and his head poked out of the closet...of course, then he went and hid in the bathtub.   

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #1914 on: March 22, 2014, 02:49:27 AM »

My friend caught a stomach bug and pooped her pants in her sleep. It's not funny, but my inner 12 year old is dying of laughter.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Nikko-chan

« Reply #1915 on: March 22, 2014, 08:58:02 AM »
The last two stories have me laughing but this:

My friend caught a stomach bug and pooped her pants in her sleep. It's not funny, but my inner 12 year old is dying of laughter.

I feel so horrible for laughing at this.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1916 on: April 04, 2014, 01:04:10 AM »
WARNING: It's taxidermy, so if that squicks you out, don't open!

Bad taxidermy: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/if-you-want-laughs-and-to-feel-a-bit-sick-you-should-follow

I've never laughed so hard in a long, long time.  I must seriously be around the bend  :-X.

Bethczar

« Reply #1917 on: April 04, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »
WARNING: It's taxidermy, so if that squicks you out, don't open!

Bad taxidermy: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/if-you-want-laughs-and-to-feel-a-bit-sick-you-should-follow

I've never laughed so hard in a long, long time.  I must seriously be around the bend  :-X.
I'm right there with ya ;D  What in heaven's name is #5 supposed to be?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1918 on: April 04, 2014, 04:23:49 PM »
My husband's aunt's second husband quit his job as a construction foreman and opened a taxidermy shop. He ended up not very good at what he did and now has a low level job at a big box store.

greencat

« Reply #1919 on: April 04, 2014, 06:03:13 PM »
My 80 lbs Labrador is scared of kittens.