Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 324348 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1920 on: April 04, 2014, 06:08:13 PM »
My friend's Great Dane would gently pin small dogs so she could keep an eye on them.

Reika

« Reply #1921 on: April 04, 2014, 08:46:52 PM »
My 80 lbs Labrador is scared of kittens.

Hehehe, sounds like a golden retriever I knew a long time ago. She was half grown when she met my grandparents' kitten. Startled at seeing the big yellow creature, the kitten jumped to run. Only the dog ran first. Which of course caused the cat to terrorize the dog even after they both reached their full growth.

Dr. F.

« Reply #1922 on: April 04, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
My 80 lbs Labrador is scared of kittens.

Hehehe, sounds like a golden retriever I knew a long time ago. She was half grown when she met my grandparents' kitten. Startled at seeing the big yellow creature, the kitten jumped to run. Only the dog ran first. Which of course caused the cat to terrorize the dog even after they both reached their full growth.

A friend's 100-lb rottweiler used to try *desperately* to get tiny barn kittens to play with him. He was soooo sad when they wouldn't be friends.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1923 on: April 04, 2014, 09:26:29 PM »
The other day when my two year old had a string of tantrums, I just took to placing him in his portajail so he could tantrum in there and I set a timer for 2 minutes.  After a while he finally realized that 1) getting out early would mean more time in the P.O.J. and 2) he wasn't going to get out of cleaning up his matching game before being allowed to watch a movie.

Then yesterday he made a mess and again I wouldn't let him do what he wanted until it was cleaned up.  Bawling, he took himself to the POJ and crawled in it himself to have his tantrum.  He did this 3 times and then finally cleaned up his mess.

Thankfully he wasn't watching me as he did this because I was trying really hard not to laugh and not having much luck!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1924 on: April 04, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
The other day when my two year old had a string of tantrums, I just took to placing him in his portajail so he could tantrum in there and I set a timer for 2 minutes.  After a while he finally realized that 1) getting out early would mean more time in the P.O.J. and 2) he wasn't going to get out of cleaning up his matching game before being allowed to watch a movie.

Then yesterday he made a mess and again I wouldn't let him do what he wanted until it was cleaned up.  Bawling, he took himself to the POJ and crawled in it himself to have his tantrum.  He did this 3 times and then finally cleaned up his mess.

Thankfully he wasn't watching me as he did this because I was trying really hard not to laugh and not having much luck!

That reminds me of my sibling.   He used to put himself in timeout (in this case,  standing in the corner).  One day my mom couldn't find him... He had put himself in timeout and had fallen asleep standing up in the corner.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1925 on: April 04, 2014, 10:01:57 PM »

That reminds me of my sibling.   He used to put himself in timeout (in this case,  standing in the corner).  One day my mom couldn't find him... He had put himself in timeout and had fallen asleep standing up in the corner.

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1926 on: April 04, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »
Our first two golden retrievers mated; the male was terrified of the puppies, but only once they started to walk.  After all, it meant they could come after him like a drunk snail.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1927 on: April 10, 2014, 11:47:17 PM »
This is funny for timing, if nothing else  :P

One of my good friends is adopting a baby.  Unlike most people's experiences with adoption, the whole thing is happening relatively quickly - she and her husband decided they wanted another child (this will be #4 for them), she started putting out feelers, and a friend-of-a-friend hooked them up with a lovely young woman who wants a local open adoption but isn't able to care for a baby herself.  Total time between "let's think about adding to our family" and due date will be less than six months.

Anyway, now that everything is all but finalized, my friend decided to let the rest of her friends and family in on the news.  She posted it on Facebook the evening of March 31st.

Anyone have a guess what happened?  If you guessed "lots of people didn't see it until April Fools Day and thought it was a joke," you'd be right  :P  And now she's got several assorted (not close) family members mad at her because she didn't explicitly call to tell them "THIS IS NOT A PRANK" when she made the announcement.

I suspect some of them still won't believe it until the baby gets here next month  :P

turtleIScream

« Reply #1928 on: April 11, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
This is funny for timing, if nothing else  :P

One of my good friends is adopting a baby.  Unlike most people's experiences with adoption, the whole thing is happening relatively quickly - she and her husband decided they wanted another child (this will be #4 for them), she started putting out feelers, and a friend-of-a-friend hooked them up with a lovely young woman who wants a local open adoption but isn't able to care for a baby herself.  Total time between "let's think about adding to our family" and due date will be less than six months.

Anyway, now that everything is all but finalized, my friend decided to let the rest of her friends and family in on the news.  She posted it on Facebook the evening of March 31st.

Anyone have a guess what happened?  If you guessed "lots of people didn't see it until April Fools Day and thought it was a joke," you'd be right  :P  And now she's got several assorted (not close) family members mad at her because she didn't explicitly call to tell them "THIS IS NOT A PRANK" when she made the announcement.

I suspect some of them still won't believe it until the baby gets here next month  :P

I seriously think we know the same person. Is she a music therapist?

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1929 on: April 14, 2014, 08:38:13 AM »
The woman (in her 60s) in front of me at the grocery store who was wearing completely sheer, skin-tight leggings with nothing underneath.  :o

I think those were undergarments actually.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1930 on: April 14, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »
The woman (in her 60s) in front of me at the grocery store who was wearing completely sheer, skin-tight leggings with nothing underneath.  :o

I see that a lot.   I think some people don't know the difference between leggings and Opaque tights.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Snooks

« Reply #1931 on: April 15, 2014, 04:17:08 PM »

I see that a lot.   I think some people don't know the difference between leggings and Opaque tights.

A girl I frequently had the misfortune of walking behind on the way home had confused black tights with black leggings, to make the issue worse she wore white undies.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1932 on: April 15, 2014, 05:11:08 PM »
WARNING: It's taxidermy, so if that squicks you out, don't open!

Bad taxidermy: http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/if-you-want-laughs-and-to-feel-a-bit-sick-you-should-follow

I've never laughed so hard in a long, long time.  I must seriously be around the bend  :-X.
I'm right there with ya ;D  What in heaven's name is #5 supposed to be?

Wheezing with laughter...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1933 on: April 15, 2014, 05:15:20 PM »

A girl I frequently had the misfortune of walking behind on the way home had confused black tights with black leggings, to make the issue worse she wore white undies.

I can top that...black tights/hosiery with RED underwear and a black lace "top" that let the bra & such shine through...it was near the beach - but nobody wears tights to the beach (I hope not, at least).   

No strings on the red - so it was NOT a string bikini with a lace coverup...

I'm not sure what it was - but it was a look that really should NOT have left the woman's bedroom...
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Jones

« Reply #1934 on: April 15, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
I had done some cleaning up and I threw away several toys that no longer had all their parts or were broken. 5 items I think. Later in the day DS age 3 was throwing a wrapper in the garbage can. He walked over to me, with big blue sad eyes and his arms full of the toys from the garbage. "Mom?" he said. "Mom, mom, mom? 'Oy." With the 'oy in a very, very sorrowful voice.

I let him keep what he'd rescued even though what he'd grabbed were his sister's and he hasn't looked at them since.