Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 344133 times)

hyzenthlay

• Super Hero!
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #195 on: November 30, 2010, 02:40:51 PM »
My SIL (not a Barbie fan) posted a pic on FB: her just-turned-5 year old DD had hung her naked Barbie from the bed with a yo-yo string.
SIL asks, "Should I be concerned...or proud?!"

Oh mine had the lives of a soap opera star. Thrown off cliffs (I only had one Ken and they fought over him  >:D), buried in pyramids, trampled by horses, sealed up under floor boards, subject to sharp pendulums, or lost in chasms after earthquakes (I've always liked Poe) . . .

Nora

« Reply #196 on: November 30, 2010, 02:46:34 PM »
F was trying to decide what tattoo she wanted and where (note: F is a busty gal and has nursed 3 kids).  I piped up and said "Oh, F! You should get the titanic tattooed across your chest so we can watch it sink!"

My friend (also 'gifted' in the mammary area) was getting a dagger tattooed on her breast.  The artist mentioned something along the lines of "you know this may......distort.....later in life?"  To which she responded "Yep - by the time I'm a little old lady in the nursing home I'll have Excalibur"  Took him 20 minutes before he could continue the tattoo  ;D

That-was-excellent!
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #197 on: November 30, 2010, 08:45:36 PM »
My SIL (not a Barbie fan) posted a pic on FB: her just-turned-5 year old DD had hung her naked Barbie from the bed with a yo-yo string.

Oh mine had the lives of a soap opera star. Thrown off cliffs (I only had one Ken and they fought over him  >:D), buried in pyramids, trampled by horses, sealed up under floor boards, subject to sharp pendulums, or lost in chasms after earthquakes (I've always liked Poe) . . .

Mine too. I started with four Kens, but two lost their heads during various car wrecks or imprisonments (I forget the exact circumstances). The heads became the oracles when Barbie went questing. Ken #3 got covered in green puff paint during a tribal sacrifice, and when I couldn't get it off, he became perpetually infected with leprosy.

Ken #4 spent a lot of time in cages or bandages or chains. Barbie was always rescuing him.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #198 on: December 01, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »

Mine too. I started with four Kens, but two lost their heads during various car wrecks or imprisonments (I forget the exact circumstances). The heads became the oracles when Barbie went questing. Ken #3 got covered in green puff paint during a tribal sacrifice, and when I couldn't get it off, he became perpetually infected with leprosy.

Ken #4 spent a lot of time in cages or bandages or chains. Barbie was always rescuing him.
Marry me  ;D.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #199 on: December 01, 2010, 12:04:59 PM »

Marry me  ;D.
Me too!  ;D
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Jolie_kitten

• Cute little thing enjoying life
  • Illegitimi non carborundum
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2010, 12:07:09 PM »

Marry me  ;D.
Me too!  ;D
Me toooo!!!
Where there is cake there is hope. And there is always cake ;)

bookworm317

• Proud child of the 80's
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2010, 12:10:56 PM »

Seraphia, I love you. You are teh AWESOME!

The Opinionator

• You keep using that word.
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »
Hands off, Ms_Cellany and Jolie-Kitten. She's mine!!!  >:D
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Missy Hedgehog

« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2010, 12:47:08 PM »

Haha it sounds like the Ehellions should meet up with the people at Burning Man who run the Barbie Death Camp :) That's always one of my favorite places to drop by when I'm there.
Life is short
And pleasures few,
And holed the ship,
And drowned the crew,
But o! But o!
How very blue
The sea is!
-Clive Barker "Abarat"

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2010, 01:13:15 PM »
My grandfather died in December and my grandmother died soon after.

My family was in charge of the funeral arrangements, etc.

We got a 10% discount from the place where we bought the casket because we were repeat customers.

For some reason this struck us all as hilarious.

Also, my grandfather died in SE Virginia and was to be buried in Maryland. To save the $600+ on the body transportation fee, my uncle got a permit to transport the body in his van.

Cue many jokes about sitting grandpa up in the front seat to be able to go in the HOV, or how great it would be if uncle were pulled over and the cop asked him what was in the back. "My father." And, of course, much quoting of the Little Miss Sunshine movie. "Where is your grandfather?" "In the trunk of the car."

Don't get us wrong, we were devastated with grandpa died, but we were rolling all day about that.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
A couple of weeks ago, I was at a pet shop. They carried rabbits, and an employee was helping a man who appeared to be developmentally disabled hold and pet one of them. All I could think of was, "Lenny!!".
I guess I must be too much of a fan of that book.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2010, 03:54:14 PM »
A couple of weeks ago, I was at a pet shop. They carried rabbits, and an employee was helping a man who appeared to be developmentally disabled hold and pet one of them. All I could think of was, "Lenny!!".
I guess I must be too much of a fan of that book.
Is this the "Tell me about the rabbits, George"? book
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

kingsrings

• Super Hero!
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2010, 04:00:20 PM »
Yup. And the guy was really into petting the rabbit, just like Lenny was. But in a good way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 04:01:57 PM by kingsrings »

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2010, 06:41:05 PM »
When my grandfather died, my parents and I stopped at a coffee shop on our way to the funeral home. We were behind a conversion van which made a turn without signaling. Cue me in the back seat croaking "If I were a cop I'd give him [the van driver] a ticket!" (one of grandpa's pet phrases while driving). I still can't believe I said that.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #209 on: December 01, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
As I mentioned in the Hugs folder, a friend of mine (J) took his own life over the holiday weekend. The friend was very openly gay (this is relevant).

When my best friend (who is one of the executors of estate for our friend) told a mutual friend about J, and told him that J wanted to cremated, our friend made a comment that I'm sure a few others didn't have the guts to say, but were certainly thinking... That J was going out in death, the way he lived his life... flaming.

We both laughed about it, apologized for laughing, and then laughed some more.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07