Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 315378 times)

missanpan

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #1995 on: June 21, 2014, 12:00:45 AM »
The Owl Whisperer

Warning, strong language.

Guy finds an owl in his house, the video is his reaction and what he does to get the owl out.  ;D

The owl is very cute!

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #1996 on: June 25, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
The Owl Whisperer

Warning, strong language.

Guy finds an owl in his house, the video is his reaction and what he does to get the owl out.  ;D

The owl is very cute!

I am sitting here giggling like an idiot. The best part is the commentary! "Don't give me that look...oh geez don't fly at me..." The poor guys still freaking out...and the owl has the thousand yard stare down perfectly.  >:D
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #1997 on: June 25, 2014, 03:25:42 PM »
The Anderson Cooper version from CNN.com was pretty funny too, what with his commentary. "I mean, owls usually have this look, but this one is even more like 'What The Heck.'" (Paraphrasing.)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Reika

« Reply #1998 on: June 25, 2014, 05:33:26 PM »
I am sitting here giggling like an idiot. The best part is the commentary! "Don't give me that look...oh geez don't fly at me..." The poor guys still freaking out...and the owl has the thousand yard stare down perfectly.  >:D

I felt bad for laughing at the guy's obvious distress, but he was just too funny. And I'm pretty sure that owl knew exactly it was doing with that stare. >:D

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #1999 on: July 20, 2014, 09:53:10 PM »
Grossout warning on this one for those of you who don't like insects . . .

The girls and I are visiting my parents this week.  Yesterday Dad and I took Babybartfast out fishing (by canoe) - her first time.  She got sick of fishing halfway through and proceeded to name all the worms (waxworms, actually - little white caterpillars) and declare they're her "new best friends" and they all love her very much.  Then yesterday evening she demanded to be allowed to read them a bedtime story and sing them a good-night song before putting them back in "their room", i.e. the spare fridge.  Today she spent a good hour playing with them on the front porch.  (My strict "no insects intentionally in the house" rule extends to grandparents' homes . . .)

The fun part: I went up to change into pajamas tonight and discovered that a) Babybartfast had left her discarded shorts on my bed, and b) SHE HAD WORMS IN HER POCKETS.  Now in my sheets.

Yeah, I changed those sheets fast and checked VERY thoroughly for any escapees.  Luckily waxworms are dry and not really all that gross.  My parents are the ones laughing the most, though, because apparently I used to bring home similar "surprises" all the time when I was Babybartfast's age . . .

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2000 on: July 21, 2014, 07:17:59 AM »

The girls and I are visiting my parents this week.  Yesterday Dad and I took Babybartfast out fishing (by canoe) - her first time.  She got sick of fishing halfway through and proceeded to name all the worms (waxworms, actually - little white caterpillars) and declare they're her "new best friends" and they all love her very much.  Then yesterday evening she demanded to be allowed to read them a bedtime story and sing them a good-night song before putting them back in "their room", i.e. the spare fridge.  Today she spent a good hour playing with them on the front porch.  (My strict "no insects intentionally in the house" rule extends to grandparents' homes . . .)

The fun part: I went up to change into pajamas tonight and discovered that a) Babybartfast had left her discarded shorts on my bed, and b) SHE HAD WORMS IN HER POCKETS.  Now in my sheets.

Yeah, I changed those sheets fast and checked VERY thoroughly for any escapees.  Luckily waxworms are dry and not really all that gross.  My parents are the ones laughing the most, though, because apparently I used to bring home similar "surprises" all the time when I was Babybartfast's age . . .

I did too.  Mostly worms, frogs, rocks, crickets...the occasional duckling (at least those were too big to fit into a pocket and luckily momma duck loved me so she didn't have a problem with me playing with her babies).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #2001 on: July 21, 2014, 10:42:01 AM »
Oh, my. I am laughing so hard at the worms in her pockets. I'm sure that was not fun for you.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #2002 on: July 21, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »

I did too.  Mostly worms, frogs, rocks, crickets...the occasional duckling (at least those were too big to fit into a pocket and luckily momma duck loved me so she didn't have a problem with me playing with her babies).

I have a particularly vivid memory of mom being mad at me for catching grasshoppers in the field after school and taking them home in my lunchbox.  Coincidentally, I also had a habit of only half-finishing my yoghurt at lunch and then just putting the open container back in said lunchbox.  Mom opened it and suddenly had live yoghurt-vovered grasshoppers jumping around the kitchen.

Pretty sure I did that more than once.

greencat

« Reply #2003 on: July 22, 2014, 03:40:29 AM »
Crickets covered in yogurt reminded me of something that happened while I was a teenager living with my parents.

B/G - The primary entrance to the house shifted from being the actual front door to the kitchen door.  It was pretty normal to walk into the house through the kitchen.

I came home from school and opened the kitchen door and the first thing I hear from my mom is "Stop.  Go use the front door." I went around to that door and walked through the living room, and one of the cats was sitting near the kitchen looking irritated and with half the fur missing off her tail.  I looked at the kitchen and some of the cabinets have white paint on them.  Some of them even look like they were intentionally being painted white  8)  Mom is not normally this messy with painting projects.  Mom, like the cat, looks irritated.  Unlike the cat, she is wearing wet clothes, which are partly covered in paint, and her arms look like someone went after them with a cheese grater.

"What happened to the cat and the kitchen?"  I probably shouldn't have asked that question.  My mother's explanation of how the cat had dipped her tail in the paint can  :o and then used it as a paintbrush for my mother and the kitchen floor involved a lot of expletives. 

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #2004 on: July 22, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »
The possum trap works.

Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

magicdomino

« Reply #2005 on: July 22, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
The possum trap works.

Rather odd-looking possum you have there.   :)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2006 on: July 22, 2014, 11:39:31 AM »
The possum trap works.

Rather odd-looking possum you have there.   :)

She enjoyed the marshmallow bait.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2007 on: July 22, 2014, 11:46:58 AM »
Peanut butter makes really good bait for everything from squirrels and chipmunks to skunks and raccoons.  I keep a jar of expired stuff around for just this purpose.  I would imagine it would work on possums, too.

I just smear it straight on the treadle.  And if there is any leftover after catching whatever I'm trying to catch, the ants take care of it.  Or I just spray it off with the hose.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #2008 on: July 22, 2014, 01:01:41 PM »
Peanut butter makes really good bait for everything from squirrels and chipmunks to skunks and raccoons.  I keep a jar of expired stuff around for just this purpose.  I would imagine it would work on possums, too.

I just smear it straight on the treadle.  And if there is any leftover after catching whatever I'm trying to catch, the ants take care of it.  Or I just spray it off with the hose.

That's a good idea. During the day I close the trap and leave it inside the pen for convenience. The hens have been pulling out all the marshmallows through the mesh.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #2009 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:41 PM »
I admit I know nothing about hens, so the idea that they like marshmallows made me laugh. The things you learn!  ;D
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.