News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 18, 2018, 07:50:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 779788 times)

Mental Magpie

Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #2040 on: September 05, 2014, 07:43:20 AM »
I had to spend half an hour in the bathroom at a Walmart rinsing my eye out with milk - I had something with jerk spices on it for lunch, and although it wasn't that hot to eat, it sure did burn when I rubbed my eye!  I got a lot of "What on earth are you doing?" type questions in that bathroom...

I just spent a good minute or so musing whether you meant "spices used for making jerky" or you were actually calling the spices a jerk... either way I'm really sorry this made me laugh :)

Jerk slices are those used for making a style of food from Jamaica

Valentines Mommy

« Reply #2041 on: September 05, 2014, 09:41:54 AM »
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5767032

Maybe it's in the wrong place because you absolutely should laugh at this. Valentine is getting this costume this year.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #2042 on: September 05, 2014, 09:44:45 AM »
Hmmm, Jerk chicken, so good. Love it when I can have double pan fried plantains with it.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Mental Magpie

« Reply #2043 on: September 05, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5767032

Maybe it's in the wrong place because you absolutely should laugh at this. Valentine is getting this costume this year.

I have already begun the constriction of two very oversized ones for the Akitas after I saw the video a few days ago!

guihong

« Reply #2044 on: September 05, 2014, 12:19:31 PM »
I made another post regarding the death of my best friend's mother.  When my friend called with the news, we discovered that friend's parents will be interred in a niche in the same mausoleum as my parents.  I quipped that they were neighbors in life, and now neighbors for eternity.  Maybe it was horrifically dark humor, but we laughed like loons.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #2045 on: September 05, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
I made another post regarding the death of my best friend's mother.  When my friend called with the news, we discovered that friend's parents will be interred in a niche in the same mausoleum as my parents.  I quipped that they were neighbors in life, and now neighbors for eternity.  Maybe it was horrifically dark humor, but we laughed like loons.

I probably would have, too. It's funny!

Thipu1

« Reply #2046 on: September 06, 2014, 10:28:31 AM »

I don't think that was dark humor at all.  It's just the sort of humor that families seem to fall into in these situations.  It isn't not at all unusual for people to get giggling fits on solemn occasions.     

FIL died 13 years before MIL.  Both their ashes were scattered in the same place.  It was a bit quiet in the car on the way back after MIL's ashes were scattered but SIL's husband broke the tension. 

'Well, at least FIL had 13 years of peace.'

We all broke up at that one. 

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2047 on: September 06, 2014, 11:05:25 AM »

I actually find that to be a really nice thought, if they were glad to be neighbours in life! LOL

I don't think that was dark humor at all.  It's just the sort of humor that families seem to fall into in these situations.  It isn't not at all unusual for people to get giggling fits on solemn occasions.     

FIL died 13 years before MIL.  Both their ashes were scattered in the same place.  It was a bit quiet in the car on the way back after MIL's ashes were scattered but SIL's husband broke the tension. 

'Well, at least FIL had 13 years of peace.'

We all broke up at that one.

I almost spat out my drink LOL
"After all this time?"
"Always."

magicdomino

« Reply #2048 on: September 06, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
Friend of mine went out to visit her husband's grave with her daughter.  They have two plots with a stone bearing both names.  To her daughter's shock, Friend decided to dance on her grave.  After all, it's her grave; if she wants to dance on it, she can.  She may have accidentally danced on her husband's grave as well, but figures he'd forgive her.   :)

Onyx_TKD

« Reply #2049 on: September 18, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
A friend of mine unfortunately just had to have one of her cats put down due to incurable health problems. Today, she has changed both her Facebook profile pic and her cover photo to closeups of that cat, who was looking into the camera in both shots. They're lovely photos, but one of my first thoughts on seeing them was "It looks like [Kitty] is staring into my soul from beyond the grave" *cue mental Twilight Zone theme music*.  ;D

mmswm

« Reply #2050 on: September 18, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »
I should not laugh at an animal in obvious distress, but when the animal is a parrot who is in distress because his human is walking around the house without clothes on, I can't help but laugh. My boyfriend likes to walk around in his birthday suit, and the bird just absolutely can't stand it when he does that.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

gramma dishes

« Reply #2051 on: September 18, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »
I should not laugh at an animal in obvious distress, but when the animal is a parrot who is in distress because his human is walking around the house without clothes on, I can't help but laugh. My boyfriend likes to walk around in his birthday suit, and the bird just absolutely can't stand it when he does that.

What does the parrot say?  "Hey, Jake!  Cover up your stuff!"?

mmswm

« Reply #2052 on: September 18, 2014, 09:09:31 PM »

He flaps around his cage, obviously agitated, chewing at his box (he has a box on the bottom he likes to hang out in) and chewing on the bars of the cage, squawking nonsense sounds.  As soon as bf gets dressed, the bird calms down.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #2053 on: September 18, 2014, 10:03:39 PM »

He flaps around his cage, obviously agitated, chewing at his box (he has a box on the bottom he likes to hang out in) and chewing on the bars of the cage, squawking nonsense sounds.  As soon as bf gets dressed, the bird calms down.

Does he think it's a snake?

/So sorry stuffing the evil greencat back in the locked box.

Mental Magpie

« Reply #2054 on: September 18, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »

Does he think it's a snake?

/So sorry stuffing the evil greencat back in the locked box.

You win!