Author Topic: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.  (Read 387117 times)

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
Re: Things that you just should NOT laugh at.
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2010, 05:47:16 AM »
As I mentioned in the Hugs folder, a friend of mine (J) took his own life over the holiday weekend. The friend was very openly gay (this is relevant).

When my best friend (who is one of the executors of estate for our friend) told a mutual friend about J, and told him that J wanted to cremated, our friend made a comment that I'm sure a few others didn't have the guts to say, but were certainly thinking... That J was going out in death, the way he lived his life... flaming.

We both laughed about it, apologized for laughing, and then laughed some more.

I know I shouldn't laugh at this but I can't help it.
*chokes back laughter tears*

Anyway, sorry about your friend.
Stewart/Colbert '16

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
As I mentioned in the Hugs folder, a friend of mine (J) took his own life over the holiday weekend. The friend was very openly gay (this is relevant).

When my best friend (who is one of the executors of estate for our friend) told a mutual friend about J, and told him that J wanted to cremated, our friend made a comment that I'm sure a few others didn't have the guts to say, but were certainly thinking... That J was going out in death, the way he lived his life... flaming.

We both laughed about it, apologized for laughing, and then laughed some more.

At the funeral of a family friend, another long-time family friend of the rather bumbling sort, "Edward," was tasked with picking up some people. He was late and the funeral was held up until they got there.

I whispered to my sister "He couldn't be late to his own funeral, but he did the next best thing..."  She whapped me discreetly.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Samantha

• Super Hero!
  • Blah Blah Blah. Insert witty comment here!
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »
I know I shouldn't laugh at this but I can't help it.
*chokes back laughter tears*

Anyway, sorry about your friend.

Hence the reason I have posted this in the Things that you just should NOT laugh at thread. :)

Thank you.

(C) Get Fuzzy 5.13.07

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
Mine too. I started with four Kens, but two lost their heads during various car wrecks or imprisonments (I forget the exact circumstances). The heads became the oracles when Barbie went questing. Ken #3 got covered in green puff paint during a tribal sacrifice, and when I couldn't get it off, he became perpetually infected with leprosy.

Ken #4 spent a lot of time in cages or bandages or chains. Barbie was always rescuing him.

Seraphia, I love you. You are teh AWESOME!

Awww, thanks. :) Mom always looked a bit uncomfortable when we went on car trips and Ken would be strung up by his feet on the coat hanger hook. :D

As far as more things not to laugh at: I was watching Top Gear before work today, and there was a car race that had me in tears. The hosts had staged a race between four sets of stacked cars: two-car units, with one car on top with steering but no pedals, one below with pedals but no steering. Because they were short one person, their sound guy volunteered for one of the top cars with the steering wheel. Sound guy has one prosthetic arm - the kind with a curved clamp-hand.

Half way through the third lap, the sound guy shouts down to his partner: "Jeremy! My arm's come off!" The strap had apparently given way, and the arm was clamped to the steering wheel, spinning around and whacking the windshield as he drove.

I laughed way too hard at that. I shouldn't have...but the arm just kept going spinnnnnWHACK spinnnnWHACK as he was turning back and forth.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

whiterose

• From the good old US of A!
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
Somebody on Not Always Right requested a "Swastika Crystal"- really meaning "Swarovski Crystal".

For some reason, that cracked me up. I do not know if that makes me insensitive (although a swastika does NOT automatically equal the Nazi symbol)- but it was still hilarious.
I have pet mice!

HeebyJeebyLeebee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2010, 09:29:18 AM »
On our employee-only accessible website, we publish news of our employees who've gone above and beyond the call of customer service.  A recent entry had me both beaming with pride for my colleague, but also stiffling fits of laughter.   >:D

"Over the past year, John Doe has serviced me on many occasions. In particular, during my two-time recent reviews this year, he serviced me intensively at the counter on the first-floor as a receptionist..... "

*Names and dates changed
I am grateful for the friends I have made on EHell and everything I have learned, but it is time I move on.

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
Had one today. A gentleman at work is disabled, and has problems walking. He has had a few bad falls.

Co-worker - "Where's Bill? (yelling across the store) BILL!! BILL!! Are you still upright?"

*faint voice in the distance*

Co-worker - "Oh, OK then! He's fine. Let's go."
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »
On our employee-only accessible website, we publish news of our employees who've gone above and beyond the call of customer service.  A recent entry had me both beaming with pride for my colleague, but also stiffling fits of laughter.   >:D

"Over the past year, John Doe has serviced me on many occasions. In particular, during my two-time recent reviews this year, he serviced me intensively at the counter on the first-floor as a receptionist..... "

*Names and dates changed

Wow.  I had a CSR job once where my manager told me it was my job to service the customers.  I told him I would serve the customers to the best of my abilities but servicing was outside my job description.
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2010, 09:53:23 AM »

*Names and dates changed

Wow.  I had a CSR job once where my manager told me it was my job to service the customers.  I told him I would serve the customers to the best of my abilities but servicing was outside my job description.
Did you explain the difference?  ;D
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Elfqueen13

• Adventures in House Hunting!
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2010, 10:03:31 AM »

*Names and dates changed

Did you explain the difference?  ;D

Yes. I may have been in a call center, but it wasn't a 900 number.
Follow along on my house hunt!  http://ulfrslady.livejournal.com/

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »
Charlie was a member of our theatre group, and was paraplegic and so always in a wheelchair.

One day our director was on a tear during a meeting. Reaming people out right and left, cast and crew both, about things that weren't done, or not done to his satisfaction. Finally he turns to Charlie and roars "And YOU! STAND UP WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!"

Charlie calmly replies "You'd just about s**t if I did"

We laughed till we cried.

-----

More recently, I was visiting an old friend on Thanksgiving evening. His sister had died, suddenly and much too young, the week before, and her memorial service was the next day. The house was filled with friends and family, there for the holiday and the memorial. This was the first time I had been in his home since the extensive renovations he had done, so he was giving SO and I a tour. We got to the master bedroom suite, and it was a mess; unmade bed, clothes in piles everywhere. He's obviously embarassed and makes an apology for the mess, and I say "That's OK, it's not like it's Thanksgiving or anything." I'm immediately wishing my need to make a smart-alek remark would just die, but he thought that was a riot and we laughed until we cried.

Tashigi

« Reply #221 on: December 10, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »
Not nearly as bad as most of these examples... but just now, the pomeranian was playing and then started a run-up to hop up to "her chair". Only, she jumped a little too early and nearly brained herself on the underside of the coffee table.

My dad and I proceeded to laugh ourselves sick. My mother was nothing but concerned.

I think the dog is all right. But with pomeranians? No one knows.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2010, 12:25:51 AM »
For some back story, my mother passed away when I was 5 and my sister was 7. It's a little morbid, but since I hate 'Your mom' jokes, I can usually just deadpan 'My mom's dead'. This usually either inspires a flurry of apologies, or a 'Haha, yeah... wait, you're serious?'.

For the thing I shouldn't laugh at, I was at a convention with my sister and her roommate, and my sister made a comment about hoping that our door was properly locked. Her roommate came back with 'Your mom is locked!', and I chimed in 'Yeah, she is. In a box.' Everyone stared for a second, then we all broke down laughing. We decided they locked coffins as standard procedure to prevent zombie uprisings, and apparently our mom being locked in a box has become one of their big inside jokes.

My dad put my aunt's ashes in with the roots of a magnolia tree he planted at our house. We make jokes about how we have Aunt Rachel buried in the backyard. It got worse when I told a friend this while we were walking in the very spacious, rural backyard and found a bone. It was a deer bone, but still - she flipped out, and I had to catch my breath from laughing so hard to explain that it she was cremated.

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #223 on: December 13, 2010, 08:20:29 AM »
Moose got his head stuck in the handle of a paper grocery bag. I was laughing too hard to help him out of it as he ran around the living room.

I'm a mean bunny mommy.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Hushabye

• Super Hero!
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:23 PM »
Moose got his head stuck in the handle of a paper grocery bag. I was laughing too hard to help him out of it as he ran around the living room.

I'm a mean bunny mommy.

Travis did the same thing when Prometheus got his head stuck in the handle of a plastic bag.  Cat just about tore the house down trying to get the thing off while he sat there and laughed.

I about cried from laughter when I got home and he told me about it.  And Prometheus now treats all plastic bags as though they are his mortal enemies.  ;D